BTW, if anyone is interested in an NOS pair of Centron 6336s let me know via PM. I bought a quad but only need a pair.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 1/16/17 at 10:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
2359glenn | studio - Page 354post #5296 of 1482810/13/13 at 3:09pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #5297 of 1482810/13/13 at 4:03pmThat reminds me, I have some of the big Russian rectifiers (5U8C) discussed here in the past. Glenn made me an adapter for the OTL. It's very 596 like, but more power less detail? I'd have to revisit the tube I suppose. If anyone wants one, shoot me a PM.post #5298 of 1482810/13/13 at 4:04pm
Right now I am driving my speakers with Georges OTL headphone amp with 6336 output tubes.
it would be better if they were 16ohms but not bad though.
Tremendous frequency response but limited power.post #5299 of 1482810/13/13 at 5:58pmpost #5300 of 1482810/13/13 at 6:26pmpost #5301 of 1482810/13/13 at 6:26pmpost #5302 of 1482810/13/13 at 6:28pmpost #5303 of 1482810/13/13 at 7:16pmQuote:
How do the amp with those tubes compare to the Leben?post #5304 of 1482810/13/13 at 7:26pmpost #5305 of 1482810/13/13 at 7:30pmQuote:
Don't be so cryptic in this thread.
I now how the Leben sounds. The opposite of a Leben would be a bright, analytical dry sounding amp, but I'm guessing it doesn't sound like that.
More neutral and clear like a DNA Sonett?post #5306 of 1482810/13/13 at 7:35pmI wasn't being cryptic. I can't compare the 2 since I am also using different headphones. The T1s are dynamic and a tad bright while the LCD-3s are much more balanced. But that difference says more about the headphones than the amp.post #5307 of 1482810/13/13 at 8:43pmpost #5308 of 1482810/13/13 at 9:06pmThread Starter
Glenn truly seems interested in advancing the enjoyment of audio among members. Smoke & Mirrors? Check the local hardware store!post #5309 of 1482810/13/13 at 9:16pmQuote:
Sure he has and that's a good thing, but I don't know how many pages I've read by now with no one mentioning the basic sound of the amps, other than they sound very nice.
It's kind of frustrating by this point to be honest.
At least one detailed comparison with another amp would be helpful.post #5310 of 1482810/13/13 at 9:39pm
It's not a good thing, when some take advantage of your ideas to make a profit.
As for the sound, my GR Super 10 can be as musical as my RPO10B MKII and as fast and detailed as my BA.
I just enjoy music and don't write reviews.
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Schiit Owners Unite 58 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90) 3 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 4 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 4 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Best dac/amp for PS4 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear