Holy Cow Tyrell!! That's terrible. I hope you can get things together soon.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 7/21/15 at 11:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction – The first Soundlink Mini was quite an important product in the portable Bluetooth speaker landscape, it was one of the first speakers to use two opposing passive radiators and also...
Part 1 - TORTURE TEST So, have you ever heard the noise from an old laptop's hard drive spinning-up, or the electronic "chirp" of your mouse cursor moving across your screen during music...
FiiO EM3Comfort is King DisclaimerThe EM3 was a review unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to record my thoughts and impressions on how I found the...
I have had this amp now for about 6 months, and I very much enjoy the sound. I didn't even bother with the stock tubes, they got tossed in favor of a matched pair of GE 5657's, and I have a pair of...
Rhapsodio Solar Note: The custom in-ear in this review was provided at a discounted rate. Rhapsodio is an up and coming manufacturer of both custom in-ears and custom-like universals....
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 347
If it had happened later in the year it would have been no big deal, we'd just be complaining about getting 3 feet of snow. But this early it is so wet, dense and heavy it is just pure destruction. You'd swear we were hit by a tornado, the damage is about the same. Parts of the town still doesn't have power and it's been 4 days now since the storm came through. It was a record breaking storm for sure. I haven't seen anything like this in 20 years at least.
Here is the view at the entrance to my apartment building. Note the vehicle on the left is a full size pickup truck and the snow is almost up to the top of the hood. It took a while to even find my car as it was completely buried to the roof.
Heh, yeah it was almost 60 degrees today so now we're under flood watch too. Was interesting to watch the steam coming off the parking lot at work. I can't help but stop and wonder at things like that, no matter how old I get.
All we can do is laugh and be thankful it isn't even worse I guess. The call center building down the street from my work is a total loss. Not only did the roof come down but the walls were pulled in too. They had a dozer leveling the place to finish it off this afternoon. The building is quite new too. It's shocking that just getting a lot of snow can do such a thing. The problem is that it was such wet snow, and it all came down in around a 24 hour period of time more or less. Too much too fast, and the wind built up huge drifts on one side of all the roofs. The trees around town will look mangled for years now, it makes me sad. I hope it doesn't portend what the whole winter will be like, I can't take more storms like this in the same calendar year. Having to shower and eat by flashlight really reminded me to be grateful for what we have and take for granted in our daily lives. Things that people in some parts of the world don't get to have at all.
Now I can listen to my amp again finally. Going to try a different pair of 45s soon. There is a lovely pair of blue globe Arcturus 145s on eBay right now, but the price is already beyond what I would be willing to pay. I imagine for globes that will always be true, but those blue glass tubes would look amazing in Glenn's amp.
Edited by Xcalibur255 - 10/7/13 at 8:12pm
I'm with rosgr63 on that one!
I sympathize with y'all. I got caught up worrying about some measly Santa Ana Winds Steely Dan once famously sung about. Honestly, no contest!
Warm and luscious--I know.
You are now going to have to extol the virtues via flavor of sprinkles on top of the pie!
I wonder what Glenn is working on............he's been very quiet.
Glenn, I hope you studied the French lesson Bruno (my tube guru) sent, and don't tell me they all look the same!!!!!!!!!!
- 2359glenn | studio
- › Fake Senheiser IE800? 39 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 3 minutes ago
- › Alpha & Delta D2 Impressions 9 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Official 2016 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 16, 2016, Wikia HQ 10 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 11 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by RedJohn456
- › Little Dot I+ by Shasari
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › Superlux HD-660 by Wiljen
- › ACS T1 by Docjitters
- › QKZ W1 Pro - In-ear sport headphone by B9Scrambler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mechgamer123
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse