Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on Yesterday at 12:02 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 347
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The feet are held on by American #6 screws
You will have to drill the holes out bigger to use M6 screws
Ah, but my objective was not permanence. I only used three fine mico-drops to prevent sliding of the spikes and smearing of resonance. They come off easily with a twist of the fore finger and thumb... by design.
This allows the continued adventure with different feets and surfaces.
Here in this pix, the OTL is just sitting atop 18 pounds of Brass (6lbs footers x 3), no screws or adhesive:
Edited by Silent One - 10/7/13 at 12:35pm
Answered in the wrong thread ;)
I didn't go. I felt ill so I stayed at home and took some Vitamin G and felt much better. ;)
Hope you feel better! I'm driving to The City tomorrow and was just fixin' to ask you if I could drop in for a hot 60 minutes Tuesday evening. I'll take your "Yay or Nay" off-the-air (PM).
Take great care!
Remove the tubes and turn over and remove the screws and take off the bottom cover.
Do not touch anything in case some capacitors are still charged.
You can turn it back over and try it with no bottom plate .
Now you can take the feet off the bottom and see what it will take to put on different feet.
Was your region blasted weather wise? Glad you got juice, too!
Yup. Whole town is destroyed. The roof collapsed at my workplace and a lot of other buildings fell in too, I had to wear a hardhat all day today while clearing debris and salvaging computer equipment. Every tree in the city is split in half. It's a disaster.
If it had happened later in the year it would have been no big deal, we'd just be complaining about getting 3 feet of snow. But this early it is so wet, dense and heavy it is just pure destruction. You'd swear we were hit by a tornado, the damage is about the same. Parts of the town still doesn't have power and it's been 4 days now since the storm came through. It was a record breaking storm for sure. I haven't seen anything like this in 20 years at least.
Here is the view at the entrance to my apartment building. Note the vehicle on the left is a full size pickup truck and the snow is almost up to the top of the hood. It took a while to even find my car as it was completely buried to the roof.
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps 12 seconds ago
- › Schiit Amp and DAC 40 seconds ago
- › Are these better than Beats Solo HD? 1 minute ago
- › [Review] Superlux HD681 EVO 1 minute ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 2 minutes ago
- › Electrodynamic and electrostatic headphones now obsolete ? 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 3 minutes ago
- › x can v8 appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 3 minutes ago
- › The Great Grado Experiment (4 tonewoods tested, more to come!) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi