- 1,354 Posts. Joined 1/2007
- Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on Today at 5:21 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The completely wireless Axgio Dash seems to be a pair of $49 Apple Airpod killer. I was skeptical at first. The Dash arrived in a small, simple no frills box. It looks exactly like the packaging...
*I was provided a review sample by iFi for the Black Label tour* iFi Micro iDSD BLACK LABEL Packaging and Build Quality The iDSD Black Label came packaged in a sturdy, well presented...
There are a few brands that could be considered a powerhouse in the world of audio and headphones and beyerdynamic is without a doubt one of them. beyerdynamic has been family owned since...
REVIEWER INTRODUCTION First of all, I want to introduce my gear while writing this review. I'm using my AKG K612 PRO headphone with my Fiio X3 2nd Gen dedicated DAP. Currently I don't own any...
Preamble Whilst I have been an audio enthusiast for many years now, I must admit I have never really been all that interested in using any kind of esoteric cables with my systems. I have always...
2359glenn | studio - Page 339post #5071 of 146699/30/13 at 10:04amClayton, what drivers are you using with the 300Bs?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #5072 of 146699/30/13 at 10:07ampost #5073 of 146699/30/13 at 10:22ampost #5074 of 146699/30/13 at 12:18pmpost #5075 of 146699/30/13 at 12:24pmpost #5076 of 146699/30/13 at 12:29pmQuote:
New video online C.
Is the buzzing clear? Was much better on the original MOV file
Edited by Ultrainferno - 9/30/13 at 12:58pmpost #5077 of 146699/30/13 at 1:39pmThread StarterQuote:
Field Recordings... excellent strategy.post #5078 of 1466910/1/13 at 3:00ampost #5079 of 1466910/1/13 at 7:54amThread Starter
Have you learned if there is any change in this sound being produced by changing any combination of feet and the surfaces your amp sits on? Sometimes, when elimination is not possible, minimizing becomes a satisfying and reachable goal.post #5080 of 1466910/1/13 at 8:00ampost #5081 of 1466910/1/13 at 8:54amThread Starter
You may have settled on the perfect placement. But for experimental purposes, try moving the amp onto different surfaces. Why go to the Spa or the Gym? When you could move/pump iron right from the listening room... ask Clayton SF!post #5082 of 1466910/1/13 at 10:20amQuote:
Ultra-, my 300B Glenn Amp mono blocks have a mechanical hum like yours. I've heard yours and it sounds just like mine. Same intensity, etc. I have placed my mono blocks on thick rubber discs (usually reserved for wine glasses) and the sound did not change. Cork didn't help either. I have also lifted the amp off its feet and held it suspended for a few seconds (it is heavy) and the sound didn't change either. I even placed spacers under just the front two feet thereby lifting the front of the chassis at an angle of 1-inch higher than the back--no change either.
Why don't you try putting cork or rubber coasters under your amp to to try it out? Your room is smaller which amplifies the mechanical hum. Mine gets drowned out by the traffic going past my apartment on Pine Street. ;)post #5083 of 1466910/1/13 at 12:20pmA fairly significant number of my audio products will exhibit a mechanical buzzing from the power transformer when the dimmers in my kitchen are on. When they are not - no buzz. Even my Martin Logan sub does this. Not audible at all from the speakers, it's truly just mechanical. And turning the dimmers off solves the issue. It's obviously that the dimmers are polluting the AC in my house BADLY, even to an extent that line conditioners don't seem to block effectively.
So make sure your dimmers are off!post #5084 of 1466910/1/13 at 12:43pm
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 13 seconds ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 24 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 40 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 55 seconds ago
- › Raidho XT-1 - New version of the award winning X-1 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Beezar.com Torpedo amp - fully assembled - lightly used, and in... 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Mustainized
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by Peddler
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by HiFiChris
- › Campfire Audio Lyra II by alffla
- › Kingston Headset KHX-H3CL/WR HyperX Cloud Headset Black Retail by tproc
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by tproc
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5 by NCSUZoSo
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear