- 1,244 Posts. Joined 1/2007
- Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 11/14/14 at 4:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again. small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 339
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
New video online C.
Is the buzzing clear? Was much better on the original MOV file
Edited by Ultrainferno - 9/30/13 at 12:58pm
Field Recordings... excellent strategy.
Have you learned if there is any change in this sound being produced by changing any combination of feet and the surfaces your amp sits on? Sometimes, when elimination is not possible, minimizing becomes a satisfying and reachable goal.
You may have settled on the perfect placement. But for experimental purposes, try moving the amp onto different surfaces. Why go to the Spa or the Gym? When you could move/pump iron right from the listening room... ask Clayton SF!
Ultra-, my 300B Glenn Amp mono blocks have a mechanical hum like yours. I've heard yours and it sounds just like mine. Same intensity, etc. I have placed my mono blocks on thick rubber discs (usually reserved for wine glasses) and the sound did not change. Cork didn't help either. I have also lifted the amp off its feet and held it suspended for a few seconds (it is heavy) and the sound didn't change either. I even placed spacers under just the front two feet thereby lifting the front of the chassis at an angle of 1-inch higher than the back--no change either.
Why don't you try putting cork or rubber coasters under your amp to to try it out? Your room is smaller which amplifies the mechanical hum. Mine gets drowned out by the traffic going past my apartment on Pine Street. ;)
So make sure your dimmers are off!
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › JH Audio's continued collaboration with A&K: Introducing Layla & Angie 24 seconds ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 26 seconds ago
- › Introduction to HiFi world and still have to learn somethings :). I... 29 seconds ago
- › etymotic er4 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Series: 840, 860 & 880 (First post last... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser ie800 - Oval Earbuds - Small / Medium Tips 4 minutes ago
- › Highly Modified Beresford Caiman TC-7520SE DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)