- 1,255 Posts. Joined 1/2007
- Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 339
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
New video online C.
Is the buzzing clear? Was much better on the original MOV file
Edited by Ultrainferno - 9/30/13 at 12:58pm
Field Recordings... excellent strategy.
Have you learned if there is any change in this sound being produced by changing any combination of feet and the surfaces your amp sits on? Sometimes, when elimination is not possible, minimizing becomes a satisfying and reachable goal.
You may have settled on the perfect placement. But for experimental purposes, try moving the amp onto different surfaces. Why go to the Spa or the Gym? When you could move/pump iron right from the listening room... ask Clayton SF!
Ultra-, my 300B Glenn Amp mono blocks have a mechanical hum like yours. I've heard yours and it sounds just like mine. Same intensity, etc. I have placed my mono blocks on thick rubber discs (usually reserved for wine glasses) and the sound did not change. Cork didn't help either. I have also lifted the amp off its feet and held it suspended for a few seconds (it is heavy) and the sound didn't change either. I even placed spacers under just the front two feet thereby lifting the front of the chassis at an angle of 1-inch higher than the back--no change either.
Why don't you try putting cork or rubber coasters under your amp to to try it out? Your room is smaller which amplifies the mechanical hum. Mine gets drowned out by the traffic going past my apartment on Pine Street. ;)
So make sure your dimmers are off!
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 26 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 55 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X3 vs X1 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 Review 2 minutes ago
- › Centrance Mini-M8 2 minutes ago
- › A poem about bass 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2