- 1,225 Posts. Joined 1/2007
- Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
After owning the PS Audio PWD II for six months, most recently running firmware version 2.4.6 (which is the best I tried), I wanted to move to a dac/preamp solution that would include analog inputs...
Prior to owning the Ref 1, Tralucent Audio was primarily known to me for it Uber cable as well as its silver/gold cable. I own both cables terminated for Fitear customs. I have had the Ref 1...
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 339
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
New video online C.
Is the buzzing clear? Was much better on the original MOV file
Edited by Ultrainferno - 9/30/13 at 12:58pm
Field Recordings... excellent strategy.
Have you learned if there is any change in this sound being produced by changing any combination of feet and the surfaces your amp sits on? Sometimes, when elimination is not possible, minimizing becomes a satisfying and reachable goal.
You may have settled on the perfect placement. But for experimental purposes, try moving the amp onto different surfaces. Why go to the Spa or the Gym? When you could move/pump iron right from the listening room... ask Clayton SF!
Ultra-, my 300B Glenn Amp mono blocks have a mechanical hum like yours. I've heard yours and it sounds just like mine. Same intensity, etc. I have placed my mono blocks on thick rubber discs (usually reserved for wine glasses) and the sound did not change. Cork didn't help either. I have also lifted the amp off its feet and held it suspended for a few seconds (it is heavy) and the sound didn't change either. I even placed spacers under just the front two feet thereby lifting the front of the chassis at an angle of 1-inch higher than the back--no change either.
Why don't you try putting cork or rubber coasters under your amp to to try it out? Your room is smaller which amplifies the mechanical hum. Mine gets drowned out by the traffic going past my apartment on Pine Street. ;)
So make sure your dimmers are off!
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 19 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 47 seconds ago
- › The best headphones that give you a real fun experience when... 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 1 minute ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 1 minute ago
- › not 2 minutes ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 2 minutes ago
- › portable+comfy+musical+isolated+over ear+sub100$? 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › recommendation for new IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Grace Design m920 by boatheelmusic
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kiats
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)