Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 2359glenn | studio
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2359glenn | studio - Page 332

post #4966 of 10326
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post
 

 

Looks like a great night for headphones in Michigan!

I think I'll be unwinding right there after work tonight.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post
 

Looks like the same vintage as my old Coke machine!

 

NEAT!!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2359glenn View Post
 

Here is a neat very old tube to look at

It is a Tungar Bulb or tungsten argon rectifier

It can handle 6 amps output at low voltage. You can't see it in the picture

but there is a blue ball of plasma around the filament. It can be used in

filament power supplies for direct heated triodes

 

I think I have a few tubes in my hoard with bases like that. I had wondered what they would be used for. I'll have to look for them and get the numbers.

post #4967 of 10326
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2359glenn View Post
 

Here is a neat very old tube to look at

It is a Tungar Bulb or tungsten argon rectifier

It can handle 6 amps output at low voltage. You can't see it in the picture

but there is a blue ball of plasma around the filament. It can be used in

filament power supplies for direct heated triodes

 

 

 A fantastic find!

post #4968 of 10326

Very nice photos!!!!!!!

post #4969 of 10326
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post
 

Looks like the same vintage as my old Coke machine!

 

 

Great looking box, by the way...

post #4970 of 10326

There's a WE amp hiding inside but Eric is not telling..............

post #4971 of 10326
Thread Starter 

Perhaps, he'll swing open the door during year-end holidays. I'd certainly delight in that pix, while sipping on a cup of farm fresh egg nog.

post #4972 of 10326

That would be funny...I could hide a nice tube amp inside and my Wife would never know..."Why are you hanging around the Coke machine all the time?" Hmmmm What?  Oh, just thirsty, Dear.....:veryevil:

post #4973 of 10326

It's getting better, you could fit a complete system actually.......

post #4974 of 10326

If you took the bottle holder out it could even have speakers installed...The sound might be too sweet though....:p

post #4975 of 10326

Every time I look at this Coke machine I feel thirsty.

 

It has a strange grip on me, I can't explain it...........................

post #4976 of 10326

Now for some Hi-Fi news.

The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones called Alpha Dog by MrSpeakers is about to hit the market. At about $600 and it is using the Fostex T50RP drivers. I personally own the Fostex T50RP headphone since I can not afford the better planner headphone at this time. What is amazing about this is that the thread is already 125 pages before even the headphones is even available for the general public!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/676095/mrspeakers-alpha-dog-revealed-the-worlds-first-production-3d-printed-headphones

Second, I really enjoy my new JBL LSR305 5 incher speaker active monitors. The LSR305 and the LSR308 are the new models just released which replaces the JBL  LSR2328P and the LSR2325P models.  My LSR305 is based on JBL M2 Master Reference Monitor revolutionary waveguide technology.  The waveguide on my LSR305 is a horn with ripples on the surface with a soft dome tweeter. Normally I do not like horns on speakers but the new JBL horn waveguide is the best I ever heard.  The JBL M2 reference monitors runs about $19K for the system.  What is surprising that it did not take long for JBL to trickle down the new technology to the low cost monitor. The JBL LSR305 has the best sound quality bargain monitors money can buy! Street price is just $150 or $300 for the pair with mostly free shipping in the U.S.A.

You can read more on my review of the JBL LSR305 at http://www.gearslutz.com/board/low-end-theory/867409-jbl-lsr305-vs-adam-f5.html which is one of the popular forums for electronic musicians.

post #4977 of 10326
Thread Starter 

John57, thanks for weighing-in... finally something of taste and value that I may be able to afford! Going over to look right now. My current living arrangements won't accommodate speakers. These JBL Active Monitors could turn out to be quite the bridge for me to cross.

 

Hopefully, I can place them near to me on the desk for discreet listening. Let's:biggrin: investigate! Also, long time reader of Gearslutz...

post #4978 of 10326
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post
 

Every time I look at this Coke machine I feel thirsty.

 

It has a strange grip on me, I can't explain it...........................

 

It is saying "Come to Wisconsin and have some Bratwurst!"

post #4979 of 10326
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post
 

 

It is saying "Come to Wisconsin and have some Bratwurst!"

 

That's blackmail Eric, I'll do anything you say, I surrender.............

 

 

John thanks for the great info, these monitors are winners for sure.

post #4980 of 10326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

John57, thanks for weighing-in... finally something of taste and value that I may be able to afford! Going over to look right now. My current living arrangements won't accommodate speakers. These JBL Active Monitors could turn out to be quite the bridge for me to cross.

 

Hopefully, I can place them near to me on the desk for discreet listening. Let's:biggrin: investigate! Also, long time reader of Gearslutz...

I hope my comments are useful. The JBL LSR305 is continuing to get good reviews. One reviewer just stated that the JBL has much better sound quality than the Genelec 8030B which costs $800 each. Only the Neumann KH 310 8 incher three way that can play louder match the JBL but it is at $2,250 each. To get better sound quality at 1/5 of the cost and more is quite a game changer in my opinion. I still have my Emotiva Airmotiv6 which is still a good speaker in its own right. I will talk about tubes next time I write.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 2359glenn | studio