Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 2359glenn | studio
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2359glenn | studio - Page 317

post #4741 of 10828
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2359glenn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post

For me the microphonics are part of a tube's character.

 

If I can hear in only when I tap the tube but it's quiet otherwise I don't mind at all.


Now you've done it there will be one in the mail !

What are you going to use as a portable source?

post #4742 of 10828

That probably already has a headphone jack in it but a crappy sounding chip amplifier

post #4743 of 10828
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2359glenn View Post

That probably already has a headphone jack in it but a crappy sounding chip amplifier

But it uses Cassettes! I'm sure we can get 24/192 out of them...Maxell right??!!

post #4744 of 10828

Nothing sounds better then good old Cassettes the only thing maybe is a 8 track.

That is about as good as it gets especially when you are getting bleed in from the next track.

Now everyone knows how old I am.

post #4745 of 10828

No Glenn, please don't!!!!!!!!!!

 

Otherwise when you come over you'll find me either in a lunatic asylum or in hospital bitten up by W!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #4746 of 10828
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

But it uses Cassettes! I'm sure we can get 24/192 out of them...Maxell right??!!

 

 

I still have my metal tapes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

And my 8 tracks somewhere, I don't know where the reels are.......

 

Et tu, Eric?


Edited by rosgr63 - 8/30/13 at 7:15am
post #4747 of 10828

You have no more room for full size amps so I have to resort to something smaller.

Does W bite ??

 

You will be getting a box with 6BL7s and maybe some chocolates for N and something for W

No more amps for awhile.

post #4748 of 10828

Ultra- sent me home with 1Kg of Chokotoft.

post #4749 of 10828

Clayton that aught to last you a couple of weeks at least .
 

post #4750 of 10828
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2359glenn View Post

You have no more room for full size amps so I have to resort to something smaller.

Does W bite ??

 

You will be getting a box with 6BL7s and maybe some chocolates for N and something for W

No more amps for awhile.

 

Glenn can you not be good for once??????

 

W will definitely send me to the lotus tree permanently if she sees more tubes never mind any kind of gear!!!

 

I'll have to ask Eric for camping tips and tricks.

Would a tent and an air bed help?

 

This is what I currently use for practise:

 

 

post #4751 of 10828
post #4752 of 10828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton SF View Post

Ultra- sent me home with 1Kg of Chokotoft.

 

Got any left? :D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2359glenn View Post

Clayton that aught to last you a couple of weeks at least .
 

 

It better! wink.gif

post #4753 of 10828
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post

 

Glenn can you not be good for once??????

 

W will definitely send me to the lotus tree permanently if she sees more tubes never mind any kind of gear!!!

 

I'll have to ask Eric for camping tips and tricks.

Would a tent and an air bed help?

 

This is what I currently use for practise:

 

 


Tell her they were for free !

I will hide them at the bottom of the box and have stuff for your brother and her

on top.  How can she say anything then.

Then you grab the tubes and run downstairs!

post #4754 of 10828
This appears to have developed into a full blown tube smuggling operation.
post #4755 of 10828
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2359glenn View Post


Tell her they were for free !

I will hide them at the bottom of the box and have stuff for your brother and her

on top.  How can she say anything then.

Then you grab the tubes and run downstairs!

 

She doesn't care if they are free or not.

I won't be able to wipe the smile off my face, she knows the special glow my eyes have when I get tubes!!!!!!!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcalibur255 View Post

This appears to have developed into a full blown tube smuggling operation.

 

Reminds you of a smuggling ship doesn't it?

 

It can't get much worst if he Chief Engineer encourages the grease monkey, can it?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 2359glenn | studio