Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 2359glenn | studio
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2359glenn | studio - Page 312

post #4666 of 10868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

beerchug.gif

Great shot!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

Nice shot! I know you both had a great time. Where did you find the Mullard T-Shirts?

 

Thanks, I'll tell the gf wink.gif. But who is who in the picture...? rolleyes.gif

The shirt is one of the gifts I got from Clayton, we had a bit of a gift exchange and even Stavros sent us a present (Thanks man!)

So I have no idea where he got them, you would have to ask him (he got them in the USA, but where...). I also got two other RCA logo t-shirts in my fav colors. Very nice!

post #4667 of 10868

You are most welcome Ultra, it was nothing really worth mentioning, just a way to say hello, have a good time!

post #4668 of 10868
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

 

Thanks, I'll tell the gf wink.gif. But who is who in the picture...? rolleyes.gif

The shirt is one of the gifts I got from Clayton, we had a bit of a gift exchange and even Stavros sent us a present (Thanks man!)

So I have no idea where he got them, you would have to ask him (he got them in the USA, but where...). I also got two other RCA logo t-shirts in my fav colors. Very nice!

 

Well........ since I've previously spent an evening at Clayton's apartment, I'll disqualify myself. tongue.gif

post #4669 of 10868
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE TEE View Post

^Thanks, rosgr...I let Daigo know he could borrow the EML 300B Solid Plates if he wants to try them.  (He's a local. Other locals let me borrow the EML Solid & Mesh. bigsmile_face.gif)

 

Appreciate the offer, CEE TEE.  I might take you up on the offer once I get the amp settled down in a permanent spot at home.  

post #4670 of 10868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

 

 

 

Thanks, I'll tell the gf wink.gif. But who is who in the picture...? rolleyes.gif

The shirt is one of the gifts I got from Clayton, we had a bit of a gift exchange and even Stavros sent us a present (Thanks man!)

So I have no idea where he got them, you would have to ask him (he got them in the USA, but where...). I also got two other RCA logo t-shirts in my fav colors. Very nice!

 

Since I've met Clayton, I know who's who!

post #4671 of 10868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

I dropped of Clayton this morning so he could start his long journey back. I've had a great time. I hope he did too rolleyes.gif

I'll let him tell you all about it when he gets back. For now I'll give you this

 

clayton on the right

post #4672 of 10868

How do I test a 6336?

post #4673 of 10868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

clayton on the right

 

I haven't met Clayton or Ultra, but I guess Clayton is on the left, and Ultra on the right.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post

How do I test a 6336?

 

David have you received them?

Put them in the output sockets put the switch to the 6AS7G position and turn the amp on.

Remember to use a 3DG4/5AU4 rectifier.

 

Eric, how is your W4S coming along?

post #4674 of 10868

I'm back after 24.5 hours of travel time! I had such a great time with Ultra- and his gf that didn't want to leave UltraAmpVille. Thank my lucky stars that I had Ultra-'s great company to sit with me on the first leg of my journey back to the US of A. Train stations and Ultra-long trains scare me especially in a strange land. But Ultra- made it all good. Head-Fi has been the best for me. It has introduced me to new amps, new friends, and new families.

post #4675 of 10868

Welcome home Clayton, I know you had a great time, it'll take time to re adjust and recover from jet lag.

 

I feel exactly the same about head-fi, made some great friends, learned and still learning a lot.

And all this after over 40 years of headphone listening.........

post #4676 of 10868
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post

Welcome home Clayton, I know you had a great time, it'll take time to re adjust and recover from jet lag.

 

I feel exactly the same about head-fi, made some great friends, learned and still learning a lot.

And all this after over 40 years of headphone listening.........


And thank you for the wines. We drank a bottle. It is a nice wine to drink on a hot day. Hot tube listening day. Here is the view from my bedroom window. The two tubes on the window sill are a gift from Ultra-. He's the perfect host!

 

AppleMark

post #4677 of 10868
Thread Starter 

beerchug.gif

 

Welcome back to "The City That Knows How..."

 

blink.gif rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif Though, an alcohol emoticon is the last thing I should be toasting you with!

post #4678 of 10868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

beerchug.gif

 

Welcome back to "The City That Knows How..."

 

blink.gif rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif Though, an alcohol emoticon is the last thing I should be toasting you with!


It is good to be back, SO. Thanks. :)

But I wish I could have dragged Ultra- back with me. ;)

post #4679 of 10868

A nice pair of 5998's!

 

Enjoy them, nice tubes to have.

Just remember as a precaution (not an internet scare) to let the amp warm up for 5mins before you plugin any headphones in case they arc over.

 

You are most welcome about the wine, it's very little known from an Aegean island where the vineyards close to the sea to give it the delicate taste.

post #4680 of 10868
Thread Starter 

8338902821_1b832e0137_o.jpg

 

I wonder what your travel kit looked like reaching SFO...

popcorn.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 2359glenn | studio