And when you drop the bottom, take a pix for Glenn's remote diagnosis...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 1/16/17 at 10:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
2359glenn | studio - Page 228post #3406 of 146886/19/13 at 7:17amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3407 of 146886/19/13 at 7:31amQuote:
SO means you should film it really
Seriously though, good luck with getting it fixed. I know how horrible it can be not knowing what is wrong.post #3408 of 146886/19/13 at 8:51amThread StarterQuote:
Film? I'm looking for a romantic ending. One where, it is a simple fix and the owner falls in love... all over again.post #3409 of 146886/19/13 at 9:06amI will pull the bottom plate and take a look at the pot tonight after work. I'm sure it is probably something simple. Still I'm confused I handled the amp like a newborn baby during the move, as I do with my most prized possessions. Maybe its just a weird coincidence and that valab stepped pot i asked to have put in was going bad anyway.post #3410 of 146886/19/13 at 9:12amThread Starter
Nothing surprises me. I've had new units ship DOA right after my quality inspection. Or go bad once in the consumer's hands. Parts parts parts...
Edited by Silent One - 6/19/13 at 9:15ampost #3411 of 146886/19/13 at 10:47amQuote:
I have used some nice Tung Sol 12SN7 round plates, RCA 12SN7 gray glass, and Hytron 12SN7.
They all sounded fine.post #3412 of 146886/19/13 at 7:42pm
Glenn, I really can't even get in there to see anything. Only the front and back cover plates come off, there is no removable bottom plate, and the front plate actively resists being pulled away from the enclosure starting with as little as 1/4" of movement. I feel like I'll break a solder if I pull on it any harder.
Am I retarded and missing something? There doesn't seem to be any way to get into it from the bottom, but I can't imagine working on the inside of the amp from just the ends either.
edit: Oh, I get it now. The bottom and top are a clam shell divided into two halves. I'll see what I can get into here in a minute......
Edited by Xcalibur255 - 6/19/13 at 7:45pmpost #3413 of 146886/19/13 at 7:49pmThread Starterpost #3414 of 146886/19/13 at 7:54pmpost #3415 of 146886/19/13 at 7:56pm
Wow, I would literally be tearing my hair out if I had to wire all that in such a cramped space, nevermind the fact that I'm absolutely not capable of doing work of this level anyway. My respect for what Glenn does just continues to grow and grow......
It's too late to hear anything back tonight of course, I guess we will see what tomorrow has in store for advice.post #3416 of 146886/19/13 at 8:03pmThread Starter
Such intricate detailed work could prove very relaxing... placing one in a zone. I too, have appreciation for his work. Think about it, he works full-time, makes time for his mate, then makes time for us and STILL gets in the studio and gets it done!post #3417 of 146886/19/13 at 8:06pmThread Starter
Was going to be movie-nite, tonight. Except... I forgot to rent a DVD. May stream something late-nite. Soooo what to do? I know, let's look at tubes, shall we?!post #3418 of 146886/19/13 at 8:09pmpost #3419 of 146886/19/13 at 8:13pmThread Starterpost #3420 of 146886/19/13 at 8:18pmThread Starter
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › NEW REVIEW: Final Audio Piano Forte II 29 seconds ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 46 seconds ago
- › "Open Alpha" T50 3D printed headphone project from MrSpeakers 47 seconds ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 49 seconds ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 49 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › The EU deals thread! 2 minutes ago
- › USB Strikes Back! Watch out AOIP - USB/Ethernet Chain beats All... 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Micro iTube2 Buffer 3 minutes ago
- › Placebophile Cat 8 Ethernet Cable 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear