And when you drop the bottom, take a pix for Glenn's remote diagnosis...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 228
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
SO means you should film it really
Seriously though, good luck with getting it fixed. I know how horrible it can be not knowing what is wrong.
Film? I'm looking for a romantic ending. One where, it is a simple fix and the owner falls in love... all over again.
Nothing surprises me. I've had new units ship DOA right after my quality inspection. Or go bad once in the consumer's hands. Parts parts parts...
Edited by Silent One - 6/19/13 at 9:15am
I have used some nice Tung Sol 12SN7 round plates, RCA 12SN7 gray glass, and Hytron 12SN7.
They all sounded fine.
Glenn, I really can't even get in there to see anything. Only the front and back cover plates come off, there is no removable bottom plate, and the front plate actively resists being pulled away from the enclosure starting with as little as 1/4" of movement. I feel like I'll break a solder if I pull on it any harder.
Am I retarded and missing something? There doesn't seem to be any way to get into it from the bottom, but I can't imagine working on the inside of the amp from just the ends either.
edit: Oh, I get it now. The bottom and top are a clam shell divided into two halves. I'll see what I can get into here in a minute......
Edited by Xcalibur255 - 6/19/13 at 7:45pm
Wow, I would literally be tearing my hair out if I had to wire all that in such a cramped space, nevermind the fact that I'm absolutely not capable of doing work of this level anyway. My respect for what Glenn does just continues to grow and grow......
It's too late to hear anything back tonight of course, I guess we will see what tomorrow has in store for advice.
Such intricate detailed work could prove very relaxing... placing one in a zone. I too, have appreciation for his work. Think about it, he works full-time, makes time for his mate, then makes time for us and STILL gets in the studio and gets it done!
Was going to be movie-nite, tonight. Except... I forgot to rent a DVD. May stream something late-nite. Soooo what to do? I know, let's look at tubes, shall we?!
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 37 seconds ago
- › Competition Closed...but what is in the Retro – Stereo 50? 1 minute ago
- › Noble 4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 3 minutes ago
- › First Pair of headphones 4 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Where can I listen to the headphones listed in my thread in the... 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 5 minutes ago
- › Lake People G109 / G103 thread 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 6 minutes ago
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2