And when you drop the bottom, take a pix for Glenn's remote diagnosis...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 11/14/14 at 4:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I will keep this review short as there are lots of other well done in depth reviews out there. I have had this unit for a while now ( about 4-5 months) and I love it. I have had no issues with it...
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 228
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
SO means you should film it really
Seriously though, good luck with getting it fixed. I know how horrible it can be not knowing what is wrong.
Film? I'm looking for a romantic ending. One where, it is a simple fix and the owner falls in love... all over again.
Nothing surprises me. I've had new units ship DOA right after my quality inspection. Or go bad once in the consumer's hands. Parts parts parts...
Edited by Silent One - 6/19/13 at 9:15am
I have used some nice Tung Sol 12SN7 round plates, RCA 12SN7 gray glass, and Hytron 12SN7.
They all sounded fine.
Glenn, I really can't even get in there to see anything. Only the front and back cover plates come off, there is no removable bottom plate, and the front plate actively resists being pulled away from the enclosure starting with as little as 1/4" of movement. I feel like I'll break a solder if I pull on it any harder.
Am I retarded and missing something? There doesn't seem to be any way to get into it from the bottom, but I can't imagine working on the inside of the amp from just the ends either.
edit: Oh, I get it now. The bottom and top are a clam shell divided into two halves. I'll see what I can get into here in a minute......
Edited by Xcalibur255 - 6/19/13 at 7:45pm
Wow, I would literally be tearing my hair out if I had to wire all that in such a cramped space, nevermind the fact that I'm absolutely not capable of doing work of this level anyway. My respect for what Glenn does just continues to grow and grow......
It's too late to hear anything back tonight of course, I guess we will see what tomorrow has in store for advice.
Such intricate detailed work could prove very relaxing... placing one in a zone. I too, have appreciation for his work. Think about it, he works full-time, makes time for his mate, then makes time for us and STILL gets in the studio and gets it done!
Was going to be movie-nite, tonight. Except... I forgot to rent a DVD. May stream something late-nite. Soooo what to do? I know, let's look at tubes, shall we?!
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Confusion on portable amps... also, recommendations? 18 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 37 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD700 52 seconds ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 3 minutes ago
- › Need help finding Nexus 7 Kernel for USB DAC support 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Iphone 5 compatible with fiio amps?
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3