And when you drop the bottom, take a pix for Glenn's remote diagnosis...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 7/21/15 at 11:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 228
SO means you should film it really
Seriously though, good luck with getting it fixed. I know how horrible it can be not knowing what is wrong.
Film? I'm looking for a romantic ending. One where, it is a simple fix and the owner falls in love... all over again.
Nothing surprises me. I've had new units ship DOA right after my quality inspection. Or go bad once in the consumer's hands. Parts parts parts...
Edited by Silent One - 6/19/13 at 9:15am
I have used some nice Tung Sol 12SN7 round plates, RCA 12SN7 gray glass, and Hytron 12SN7.
They all sounded fine.
Glenn, I really can't even get in there to see anything. Only the front and back cover plates come off, there is no removable bottom plate, and the front plate actively resists being pulled away from the enclosure starting with as little as 1/4" of movement. I feel like I'll break a solder if I pull on it any harder.
Am I retarded and missing something? There doesn't seem to be any way to get into it from the bottom, but I can't imagine working on the inside of the amp from just the ends either.
edit: Oh, I get it now. The bottom and top are a clam shell divided into two halves. I'll see what I can get into here in a minute......
Edited by Xcalibur255 - 6/19/13 at 7:45pm
Wow, I would literally be tearing my hair out if I had to wire all that in such a cramped space, nevermind the fact that I'm absolutely not capable of doing work of this level anyway. My respect for what Glenn does just continues to grow and grow......
It's too late to hear anything back tonight of course, I guess we will see what tomorrow has in store for advice.
Such intricate detailed work could prove very relaxing... placing one in a zone. I too, have appreciation for his work. Think about it, he works full-time, makes time for his mate, then makes time for us and STILL gets in the studio and gets it done!
Was going to be movie-nite, tonight. Except... I forgot to rent a DVD. May stream something late-nite. Soooo what to do? I know, let's look at tubes, shall we?!
- 2359glenn | studio
- › Cowon Plenue D 23 seconds ago
- › How many DAPs do you have? 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 1 minute ago
- › DQSM IEM Impressions / Easy Earphones Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › The Sony MDR-SA5000 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Mr. Speakers ETHER: mint 7 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 9 minutes ago
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...