I have sent plenty of stuff to Greece with USPS no problen not even once.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 11/14/14 at 4:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 200
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I see all the 300B amps so far are manual bias. I'd love to hear a little bit about why you went this way vs. a self-biasing design. Does cathode or self-biasing come with a sound quality penalty perhaps?
In a self biasing amp will have a cathode resistor and bypass capacitor electrolytic capacitor that don't sound the best.
In a manual bias the cathode is grounded through the bias meter that is less then 1 ohm no nasty bypass capacitor needed.
Self bias is better for the tubes supposedly but I never had a problem with fixed bias.
So I feel manual bias sounds better at least that is my opinion.
Doh! Better put money aside then for the VAT, Import, registration and administrative costs. That's about 30% of the value you will tell USPS, so maybe we should keep it low indeed ($200?) and hope they miss the amp during check-in. And pray they don't lose the amp or damage it a lot. With tracking I presume?
I would avoid a courier, USPS is the most reasonable service with the lowest customs duty.
The BA uses 300B's and PX4's and has a self biasing circuit.
The WA5 is also self biasing I think.
The manual bias system is more flexible as you can use other tubes too.
Edited by rosgr63 - 5/21/13 at 12:04am
Out of experience I have always had most problems with USPS, highest taxes and longest declaration process (the courriers have their own dpt, usps uses national customs). With Usps i have had to wait several times for almost 2 months before they released my package
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › DAC/Amp for SONY MDR-1A 23 seconds ago
- › superlux 681 evo vs sennheiser 558 24 seconds ago
- › = Hifiman “Fuzzor” Mod = (Driver backwave felt damping modification) 29 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 37 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two... 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)