I have sent plenty of stuff to Greece with USPS no problen not even once.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 6/18/15 at 8:36am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction:The newest member of Noble Audio’s line of IEMs, the Savant, has taken Head-Fi by storm and has caught the attention of many eager Head-Fier – myself included. Noble’s reputation for...
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 200
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I see all the 300B amps so far are manual bias. I'd love to hear a little bit about why you went this way vs. a self-biasing design. Does cathode or self-biasing come with a sound quality penalty perhaps?
In a self biasing amp will have a cathode resistor and bypass capacitor electrolytic capacitor that don't sound the best.
In a manual bias the cathode is grounded through the bias meter that is less then 1 ohm no nasty bypass capacitor needed.
Self bias is better for the tubes supposedly but I never had a problem with fixed bias.
So I feel manual bias sounds better at least that is my opinion.
Doh! Better put money aside then for the VAT, Import, registration and administrative costs. That's about 30% of the value you will tell USPS, so maybe we should keep it low indeed ($200?) and hope they miss the amp during check-in. And pray they don't lose the amp or damage it a lot. With tracking I presume?
I would avoid a courier, USPS is the most reasonable service with the lowest customs duty.
The BA uses 300B's and PX4's and has a self biasing circuit.
The WA5 is also self biasing I think.
The manual bias system is more flexible as you can use other tubes too.
Edited by rosgr63 - 5/21/13 at 12:04am
Out of experience I have always had most problems with USPS, highest taxes and longest declaration process (the courriers have their own dpt, usps uses national customs). With Usps i have had to wait several times for almost 2 months before they released my package
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium 250 ohm [Can Ship US Domestic on July 10th] 3 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000 screw replacements? 5 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 5 minutes ago
- › Review: InEar StageDiver Series 6 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 6 minutes ago
- › Audio GD SA-31 head amp/ preamp . A powerfull Head Amp with... 7 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 10 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by Cotnijoe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)