I have sent plenty of stuff to Greece with USPS no problen not even once.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
A little background before I start. I'm 16 years old and I slowly began to become addicted to fine, audiophile-quality headphones. I remember the first time I heard beats at an apple store. I...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 200
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I see all the 300B amps so far are manual bias. I'd love to hear a little bit about why you went this way vs. a self-biasing design. Does cathode or self-biasing come with a sound quality penalty perhaps?
In a self biasing amp will have a cathode resistor and bypass capacitor electrolytic capacitor that don't sound the best.
In a manual bias the cathode is grounded through the bias meter that is less then 1 ohm no nasty bypass capacitor needed.
Self bias is better for the tubes supposedly but I never had a problem with fixed bias.
So I feel manual bias sounds better at least that is my opinion.
Doh! Better put money aside then for the VAT, Import, registration and administrative costs. That's about 30% of the value you will tell USPS, so maybe we should keep it low indeed ($200?) and hope they miss the amp during check-in. And pray they don't lose the amp or damage it a lot. With tracking I presume?
I would avoid a courier, USPS is the most reasonable service with the lowest customs duty.
The BA uses 300B's and PX4's and has a self biasing circuit.
The WA5 is also self biasing I think.
The manual bias system is more flexible as you can use other tubes too.
Edited by rosgr63 - 5/21/13 at 12:04am
Out of experience I have always had most problems with USPS, highest taxes and longest declaration process (the courriers have their own dpt, usps uses national customs). With Usps i have had to wait several times for almost 2 months before they released my package
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › Help with my FiiO E10K USB DAC + Beyerdynamic 990's Pro 250 Ohm 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- ONLY 2 DAYS AWAY!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2