I have sent plenty of stuff to Greece with USPS no problen not even once.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
This review is for the Linum Bax 2-Pin, Bax IEM and headphone cables. Let me introduce myself my name is Adam, I live in the states between Philadelphia and New York City. I have been into audio...
Havi B3 Pro 1 - Pictorial Review Let me start by saying that ......the purchase of B3Pro1 has been long time coming ever since introduced by bhazard in the Chinese thread early last year...
I have posted a more detailed review on my blog with hi resolution pictures. http://blog.hyperexpert.com/audio-technica-at-pha50bt-first-impressions-and-review/ I stumbled upon Audio Technica’s...
My impressions is that these don’t sound significantly different than the cheaper SP version in terms of sound signature. The biggest difference is detail, more extended highs and smoother mid. If...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 200
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I see all the 300B amps so far are manual bias. I'd love to hear a little bit about why you went this way vs. a self-biasing design. Does cathode or self-biasing come with a sound quality penalty perhaps?
In a self biasing amp will have a cathode resistor and bypass capacitor electrolytic capacitor that don't sound the best.
In a manual bias the cathode is grounded through the bias meter that is less then 1 ohm no nasty bypass capacitor needed.
Self bias is better for the tubes supposedly but I never had a problem with fixed bias.
So I feel manual bias sounds better at least that is my opinion.
Doh! Better put money aside then for the VAT, Import, registration and administrative costs. That's about 30% of the value you will tell USPS, so maybe we should keep it low indeed ($200?) and hope they miss the amp during check-in. And pray they don't lose the amp or damage it a lot. With tracking I presume?
I would avoid a courier, USPS is the most reasonable service with the lowest customs duty.
The BA uses 300B's and PX4's and has a self biasing circuit.
The WA5 is also self biasing I think.
The manual bias system is more flexible as you can use other tubes too.
Edited by rosgr63 - 5/21/13 at 12:04am
Out of experience I have always had most problems with USPS, highest taxes and longest declaration process (the courriers have their own dpt, usps uses national customs). With Usps i have had to wait several times for almost 2 months before they released my package
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen preview world-tour--first impressions starting page 8! 2 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 7 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 7 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › SF Bay Area mini meet May 2nd 2015 (CanJam after party!!!!) 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2