Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 2359glenn | studio
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2359glenn | studio - Page 177

post #2641 of 10225
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2359glenn View Post

I can't even get in touch with the new owner to get his amp ?

 

He do was online 4 hours ago. Hope you got in touch with him.

 

Besides the 300B JJ's, what other other (affordable) ones do you all recommend? (sound can be a bit rolled off in the treble, as long as bass and mids are full bodied, with a good to heavy bass impact)

post #2642 of 10225

You might want to try the Svetlana C-Wing.

 

However there are a lot of quality issues so best to buy from a reputable seller.

post #2643 of 10225
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post

Can I apply for that job please?tongue_smile.gif

 

Testing/checking amps and cookies..........that would be prety close to absolute bliss, woudn't it?dt880smile.png

That job has already been taken.      It's my job 

And you are right it is bliss

post #2644 of 10225
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2359glenn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post

Can I apply for that job please?tongue_smile.gif

 

Testing/checking amps and cookies..........that would be prety close to absolute bliss, woudn't it?dt880smile.png

That job has already been taken.      It's my job 

And you are right it is bliss

I would be careful around the electronics with the drool......biggrin.gif

post #2645 of 10225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcalibur255 View Post

I ponied up for a Goldpoint for my amp build.  I really wanted to use a Khozmo unit because they have 48 steps but I kept reading reports that they had unreliable wiper contacts.  It seems like a lot of money for a volume control but I still feel it is worth it.

 

The Valab stepped pot that I had Glenn put in my OTL when it got modded works really well but t heir physical mechanical feel when you turn them is a bit crude.  But the price and performance is good.  Glenn said it measured very well when he tested it and they're 1/8 the price of the Goldpoint.

I would like to use Goldpoint made in the USA but I cant justify the cost and no

difference in sound. $150 for a pot is allot of money. And I have found out it is not necessarily the

most expensive parts that sound best.

post #2646 of 10225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

 

He do was online 4 hours ago. Hope you got in touch with him.

 

Besides the 300B JJ's, what other other (affordable) ones do you all recommend? (sound can be a bit rolled off in the treble, as long as bass and mids are full bodied, with a good to heavy bass impact)

Yes I got in touch with Groundzero yesterday and will be shipping him the amp on Monday.

 

For the price I really don't know of better 300Bs I have tried a bunch over the years and most

including the JJ had problems with the filament burning out. The worst were some Fairlie expensive mesh plate

tubes from USA but made in China. They had misaligned grids and that gave them hot spots on the plate.

I got rid of them and bought JJs

post #2647 of 10225
Thread Starter 

Bad 300B's? The eek.gif horror!

post #2648 of 10225

I have brought some new production JJ tubes and they can sound very good as compared to NOS tubes but suffer some consistency issues along tubes. I never had much luck in getting good sounding China tubes.

post #2649 of 10225
Thread Starter 

While standing in line for an eventual 300B amp, there's anxiety waiting with me.

post #2650 of 10225
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2359glenn View Post

That job has already been taken.      It's my job 

And you are right it is bliss

 

Design, Research & Development and Production must be separate from QC.

 

I want the QC/testing part.

 

Please!!!!!!tongue_smile.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

I would be careful around the electronics with the drool......biggrin.gif

 

 

Any suggestions?

Would an apron help?

Eric, please help!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by john57 View Post

I have brought some new production JJ tubes and they can sound very good as compared to NOS tubes but suffer some consistency issues along tubes. I never had much luck in getting good sounding China tubes.

 

 

The JJ are not bad but for good sounding 300B's without spending a lot of money I recommend the KR 300B Balloon.

 

Glenn the so called Chinese Mesh plates are not a real Mesh design but a punched out plate.

I had the genuine Mesh Type AVVT AV300BM SL C37 (Ennemoser) and they sounded fantastic.

post #2651 of 10225
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2359glenn View Post

That job has already been taken.      It's my job 

And you are right it is bliss

 

Design, Research & Development and Production must be separate from QC.

 

I want the QC/testing part.

 

Please!!!!!!tongue_smile.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

I would be careful around the electronics with the drool......biggrin.gif

 

 

Any suggestions?

Would an apron help?

Eric, please help!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by john57 View Post

I have brought some new production JJ tubes and they can sound very good as compared to NOS tubes but suffer some consistency issues along tubes. I never had much luck in getting good sounding China tubes.

 

 

The JJ are not bad but for good sounding 300B's without spending a lot of money I recommend the KR 300B Balloon.

 

Glenn the so called Chinese Mesh plates are not a real Mesh design but a punched out plate.

I had the genuine Mesh Type AVVT AV300BM SL C37 (Ennemoser) and they sounded fantastic.

I have a solution!

 

 

post #2652 of 10225

Fantastic, thanks that's exactly what I need!

 

I might show you my AVVT PX4 Mesh, the logos match with the bib................

post #2653 of 10225
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post

Fantastic, thanks that's exactly what I need!

 

I might show you my AVVT PX4 Mesh, the logos match with the bib................

LOL!!

post #2654 of 10225

David please rescue me!

 

I wanted to start an intelligent post about Mesh Pentodes driving Mesh DHT and thanks to Glenn and Eric I ended up talking about bibs and cookies!

post #2655 of 10225
Stavros, you are in the wrong folder. This is a discussion of treats. Yes, tubes are treats, but they do not taste well
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 2359glenn | studio