I have a balanced pre-amp and balanced mono blocks. My long IC runs are from the pre to the amps. They are both 25-30 feet. I wanted to have long ICs instead of long speakers cables.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 1/16/17 at 10:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
2359glenn | studio - Page 159post #2371 of 146883/24/13 at 8:00am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2372 of 146883/24/13 at 8:06amQuote:
So your amp has balanced input and SE output ? Or is it balanced output with the speaker hooked across two outputs?post #2373 of 146883/24/13 at 8:06ampost #2374 of 146883/24/13 at 8:40amQuote:
Each amp has both single-ended and balanced inputs. And each has 1 set of speaker terminals.post #2375 of 146883/24/13 at 9:07am
DACMagic Plus = $599
V-DAC II + V-PSU II = $508.
I've never heard the DACMagic Plus, but the V-Combo is the best I've ever heard. Look up a few reviews on google about the V-DAC II. They are overwhelmingly positive. Although, I'm sure the DACMagic is also a wonderful DAC.post #2376 of 146883/24/13 at 9:14amQuote:
I've had both. I preferred the Keces (no longer made) but have settled on the gamma 2 DIY dac.post #2377 of 146883/24/13 at 9:16am
My limited experience from my two balanced headphone rigs is:
Some headphones benefit more from a balanced set up.
SS amps can provide true balanced configuration better than tube amps.
Not many tube amps have all the features like SE or Balanced input giving a Balanced output.
Depending on the design a good headphone tube amp doesn't need to be balanced.post #2378 of 146883/24/13 at 9:20amQuote:Originally Posted by Clayton SF
I really like this balanced DAC. Inexpensive and a powerhouse IMO.
I own one myself.
+1 for the DMPlus. I enjoyed it for some time before I sprung for the W4S DAC-2.post #2379 of 146883/24/13 at 10:43am
Not quite a fair comparison. The DACmagic Plus is balanced with volume control and a headphone jack. I would compare the V-DAC II to the DacMagic 100 and since my amp is warm sounding the DacMagic 100 may be a better choice and the V-DAC II may give SS amps more of a warmer sound.post #2380 of 146883/24/13 at 11:31amQuote:Originally Posted by john57
Not quite a fair comparison. The DACmagic Plus is balanced with volume control and a headphone jack. I would compare the V-DAC II to the DacMagic 100 and since my amp is warm sounding the DacMagic 100 may be a better choice and the V-DAC II may give SS amps more of a warmer sound.
What about with Glenns OTL amp? It will ONLY be used as a DAC.post #2381 of 146883/24/13 at 11:45am
I consider the V-DAC to smooth, but neutral. I wouldn't call it warm. You won't have some distasteful synergy of a warm DAC feeding a tube amp. I use it to feed my tube amp to very smooth and linear results. I'm sure the DACMagic is also very linear as well.post #2382 of 146883/24/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
Not sure which to get Anyways, I've derailed the thread, I just will make sure not to get a warm DAC. Thanks for the help!post #2383 of 146883/24/13 at 12:05pmQuote:
David aren't IC cables more expensive per meter than speaker cables?
I thought you would loose more signal quality from long IC's than long speaker cables.post #2384 of 146883/24/13 at 12:16pmpost #2385 of 146883/24/13 at 12:18pm
It's my understanding that the issue with speaker cable runs is the thickness of the cable. The issue with IC runs is both length and shielding, which impacts thickness.
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 10 seconds ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 42 seconds ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › DAP - Council of Wise Men, i need your guidance 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › Dac/Amp combo to replace mine Asus Xonar Essence STX 3 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 4 minutes ago
- › Does a DAC make a giant difference? 4 minutes ago
- › Upgrade from Ultrasone Pro 750 / should I invest in an amp instead? 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear