The view is nice. The tubes are not the brightest display of vintage glow--just the tips of the filaments poke over the plates, but it is a lovely sight, nevertheless. Of course if one uses the EML 5U4G, then for that tube the glowing filaments run the length of the mesh plates. I wish I had a better camera.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 7/16/15 at 1:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 7/21/15 at 11:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I had only tried IEM's bought at local stores until I got these, and they were a huge upgrade. In fact, I would argue these are the best set you could have bought at the time for the price. They...
Got this as a gift from the girlfriend, sadly it is WAY too powerful for nearfield and will be selling it for a much less powerful model. Quality issues with a slightly sticky pot which went away...
For larger (1200 x 800) images - simply click the photo INTRODUCTION I don’t think there would be many people of my vintage who are into computer audio, and haven’t heard of Creative Labs. My...
q-Jays - Purity and Elegance ^ 2 https://www.jays.se/products/q-jays/ I received q-Jays as a loan in the tour on the Danish head-fi community forum www.hoved-fi.dk Courtesy of Claus....
[Originally reviewed at Basshead.Club] How do they do it? Brainwavz continues to impress with its budget-friendly new Jive IEM for Android and iOS devices. Brainwavz Jive In the...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 132
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
It is a JJ tube. Starter set, of course. I can't afford much more until later. What's your take on 300B tubes, excluding WE of course.
The rectifier of choice in Glenn's amps is the GZ37. For some reason it gives the music a more defined quality without being too bright and the amp has a nice warmth to it. Other rectifiers retain the warmth but the GZ37 gives the top end a tiny boost adding a nice sheen or sparkle--just a tad to complete the overall SQ. The bass has opened up in the last 20 hours--maybe it is because of the GZ37. This amp is sounding really wonderful.
Thanks, pleased to know you're enjoying your amps.
From EAT/JJ/KRST/KRBalloon/AVVT32BSL/AVVT AV300BSL-C37 the AVVT AV300BSL-C37 is my reference tube.
So would San Francisco's top City Urban Planner. Doesn't this look like an aerial view of a proposed Hotel & Entertainment complex?
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Beyerdynamic T1 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 2 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 3 minutes ago
- › Chromecast audio - can anyone comment on sound quality? 3 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 4 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13,... 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Savant 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 6 minutes ago
- › Lenntek Sonix 3 w/ Microphone by Incognito101
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by yay101
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by Brooko
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by rasmushorn
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Woo Audio WA22 by tassardar
- › CustomArt Ei.XX 6-driver CIEM - MassDrop edition by twister6
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2