The view is nice. The tubes are not the brightest display of vintage glow--just the tips of the filaments poke over the plates, but it is a lovely sight, nevertheless. Of course if one uses the EML 5U4G, then for that tube the glowing filaments run the length of the mesh plates. I wish I had a better camera.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 132
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
It is a JJ tube. Starter set, of course. I can't afford much more until later. What's your take on 300B tubes, excluding WE of course.
The rectifier of choice in Glenn's amps is the GZ37. For some reason it gives the music a more defined quality without being too bright and the amp has a nice warmth to it. Other rectifiers retain the warmth but the GZ37 gives the top end a tiny boost adding a nice sheen or sparkle--just a tad to complete the overall SQ. The bass has opened up in the last 20 hours--maybe it is because of the GZ37. This amp is sounding really wonderful.
Thanks, pleased to know you're enjoying your amps.
From EAT/JJ/KRST/KRBalloon/AVVT32BSL/AVVT AV300BSL-C37 the AVVT AV300BSL-C37 is my reference tube.
So would San Francisco's top City Urban Planner. Doesn't this look like an aerial view of a proposed Hotel & Entertainment complex?
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Micro USB to micro usb OTG DIY cable 45 seconds ago
- › Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design,... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Appreciation & Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for an ampfilier for my Sennheiser HD201 headphones. 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 3 minutes ago
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3