The view is nice. The tubes are not the brightest display of vintage glow--just the tips of the filaments poke over the plates, but it is a lovely sight, nevertheless. Of course if one uses the EML 5U4G, then for that tube the glowing filaments run the length of the mesh plates. I wish I had a better camera.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 132
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
It is a JJ tube. Starter set, of course. I can't afford much more until later. What's your take on 300B tubes, excluding WE of course.
The rectifier of choice in Glenn's amps is the GZ37. For some reason it gives the music a more defined quality without being too bright and the amp has a nice warmth to it. Other rectifiers retain the warmth but the GZ37 gives the top end a tiny boost adding a nice sheen or sparkle--just a tad to complete the overall SQ. The bass has opened up in the last 20 hours--maybe it is because of the GZ37. This amp is sounding really wonderful.
Thanks, pleased to know you're enjoying your amps.
From EAT/JJ/KRST/KRBalloon/AVVT32BSL/AVVT AV300BSL-C37 the AVVT AV300BSL-C37 is my reference tube.
So would San Francisco's top City Urban Planner. Doesn't this look like an aerial view of a proposed Hotel & Entertainment complex?
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 6 seconds ago
- › Supra Cable EFF-IX High-End-Cinch-cable 2 Sets 1m 58 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 6 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- ONLY 2 DAYS AWAY!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2