Are the LCD-2s new or used?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 121
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
They are brand new. I was told they don't change by any noteworthy amount from break-in, is this perhaps not true? I'm not going to condemn them until I've given them a more fair shake, for sure, I just need to get over my shell shock right now.
It's not brittle per se, just much more lit up than I was expecting. With these tubes the OTL should be clearing 2 watts per channel easy, that is certainly enough power and more than many LCD-2 owners are using I think. If there weren't enough power the dynamics and bass wouldn't be good, and they are both impressive.
I shouldn't have gone ranting about it like I did, that was an overreaction on part. I'm just genuinely surprised to hear something so different from what everybody describes them to be.
I will need to give the whole situation some time I think.
Indeed. Glenn's amp really shows what they are capable of. They were not perfect, but sometimes they felt close. I think I will own another one actually, but not right away. I don't think the LCD-2 will ever offer the sense of air that the K701 is so good at, so it would be ncie to go back to it sometimes. The thought of having to burn in a new pair makes me grumble though.
The LCDs have already settled down a bit, I think they will turn out fine. I figured it had been a while since I'd made a fool of myself so I thought I would make a fuss and forget all about new headphones needing burn-in.
If it was me I go to a friend house or to my local BB store and see if I get the same results on SS receiver amps. When I received results total unexpected I assume nothing and prove everything when troubleshooting. Good luck and hope that you go over your shock. It has happens to me a few times.
I would not assume anything and start from the ground up. I do not think that the LCD2 needs a great deal of break in.
That is a question that recently crossed my mind as well. Mine were made in Austria too.
I listened to the K701s last night and although the sound signature's "weight" is not as heavy as some of my other headphones, it has the clarity that bests my other headphones. I can understand why they are used in the recording studio.
Glenn's amp has incredible sound presence which makes the K701s an agreeable companion. IMHO.
Made in Austria #14914
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 14 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 32 seconds ago
- › Whisky (or Whiskey) Fi 1 minute ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 Mk2 vs. Mk1 3 minutes ago
- › Your top five favourite drummers - any genre of music - just name... 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-06-30 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 5 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)