Are the LCD-2s new or used?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Introduction – So a few weeks into my search and discovery of budget-based earphones has led me here - to the Xiaomi Piston 2.1. The Pistons are the result of the popular Chinese smartphone...
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 121
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
They are brand new. I was told they don't change by any noteworthy amount from break-in, is this perhaps not true? I'm not going to condemn them until I've given them a more fair shake, for sure, I just need to get over my shell shock right now.
It's not brittle per se, just much more lit up than I was expecting. With these tubes the OTL should be clearing 2 watts per channel easy, that is certainly enough power and more than many LCD-2 owners are using I think. If there weren't enough power the dynamics and bass wouldn't be good, and they are both impressive.
I shouldn't have gone ranting about it like I did, that was an overreaction on part. I'm just genuinely surprised to hear something so different from what everybody describes them to be.
I will need to give the whole situation some time I think.
Indeed. Glenn's amp really shows what they are capable of. They were not perfect, but sometimes they felt close. I think I will own another one actually, but not right away. I don't think the LCD-2 will ever offer the sense of air that the K701 is so good at, so it would be ncie to go back to it sometimes. The thought of having to burn in a new pair makes me grumble though.
The LCDs have already settled down a bit, I think they will turn out fine. I figured it had been a while since I'd made a fool of myself so I thought I would make a fuss and forget all about new headphones needing burn-in.
If it was me I go to a friend house or to my local BB store and see if I get the same results on SS receiver amps. When I received results total unexpected I assume nothing and prove everything when troubleshooting. Good luck and hope that you go over your shock. It has happens to me a few times.
I would not assume anything and start from the ground up. I do not think that the LCD2 needs a great deal of break in.
That is a question that recently crossed my mind as well. Mine were made in Austria too.
I listened to the K701s last night and although the sound signature's "weight" is not as heavy as some of my other headphones, it has the clarity that bests my other headphones. I can understand why they are used in the recording studio.
Glenn's amp has incredible sound presence which makes the K701s an agreeable companion. IMHO.
Made in Austria #14914
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Whiplash - have they gone missing? 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 4 minutes ago
- › The new Superlux HD 685 5 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E10 as a backup for the Shure SE535 and UE900? 6 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 6 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Audiophile1811
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)