Are the LCD-2s new or used?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I've never put in-ears with different drivers in my ears before so I had no idea of what to expect when it came to the T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM. So thanks to CTC Audio who put the...
At the time this review was written, the Ausdom M06 was on sale for $52.99 USD on Amazon. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
[Originally posted at Basshead.Club] Bring on the thunder and lightning. Aurisonics’ flagship triple driver hybrid combines the incredible sub-bass of the ASG-B’s 14.2mm dynamic driver...
I personally thought these were a lame purchase after i had bought 'em. About a week later i just left my apartment and left them shouting out opeth and other metal with the bass in 4/4 position...
Introduction & Build Quality The SennGrado is a mod in which the drivers of the Sennheiser PX-100 II are removed and mounted in Grado style wooden cups. Variation between pairs, of course, is very...
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 121
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
They are brand new. I was told they don't change by any noteworthy amount from break-in, is this perhaps not true? I'm not going to condemn them until I've given them a more fair shake, for sure, I just need to get over my shell shock right now.
It's not brittle per se, just much more lit up than I was expecting. With these tubes the OTL should be clearing 2 watts per channel easy, that is certainly enough power and more than many LCD-2 owners are using I think. If there weren't enough power the dynamics and bass wouldn't be good, and they are both impressive.
I shouldn't have gone ranting about it like I did, that was an overreaction on part. I'm just genuinely surprised to hear something so different from what everybody describes them to be.
I will need to give the whole situation some time I think.
Indeed. Glenn's amp really shows what they are capable of. They were not perfect, but sometimes they felt close. I think I will own another one actually, but not right away. I don't think the LCD-2 will ever offer the sense of air that the K701 is so good at, so it would be ncie to go back to it sometimes. The thought of having to burn in a new pair makes me grumble though.
The LCDs have already settled down a bit, I think they will turn out fine. I figured it had been a while since I'd made a fool of myself so I thought I would make a fuss and forget all about new headphones needing burn-in.
If it was me I go to a friend house or to my local BB store and see if I get the same results on SS receiver amps. When I received results total unexpected I assume nothing and prove everything when troubleshooting. Good luck and hope that you go over your shock. It has happens to me a few times.
I would not assume anything and start from the ground up. I do not think that the LCD2 needs a great deal of break in.
That is a question that recently crossed my mind as well. Mine were made in Austria too.
I listened to the K701s last night and although the sound signature's "weight" is not as heavy as some of my other headphones, it has the clarity that bests my other headphones. I can understand why they are used in the recording studio.
Glenn's amp has incredible sound presence which makes the K701s an agreeable companion. IMHO.
Made in Austria #14914
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › [Review] Yulong D200 5 seconds ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 16 seconds ago
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity -... 21 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 33 seconds ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 58 seconds ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 1 minute ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 1 minute ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonics LH Labs Geek Out 1000 matte red new! PRICE DROP! 3 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Luckbad
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by The Plaidypus
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2