Are the LCD-2s new or used?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 7/21/15 at 11:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Headphone Impedance
2359glenn | studio - Page 121
They are brand new. I was told they don't change by any noteworthy amount from break-in, is this perhaps not true? I'm not going to condemn them until I've given them a more fair shake, for sure, I just need to get over my shell shock right now.
It's not brittle per se, just much more lit up than I was expecting. With these tubes the OTL should be clearing 2 watts per channel easy, that is certainly enough power and more than many LCD-2 owners are using I think. If there weren't enough power the dynamics and bass wouldn't be good, and they are both impressive.
I shouldn't have gone ranting about it like I did, that was an overreaction on part. I'm just genuinely surprised to hear something so different from what everybody describes them to be.
I will need to give the whole situation some time I think.
Indeed. Glenn's amp really shows what they are capable of. They were not perfect, but sometimes they felt close. I think I will own another one actually, but not right away. I don't think the LCD-2 will ever offer the sense of air that the K701 is so good at, so it would be ncie to go back to it sometimes. The thought of having to burn in a new pair makes me grumble though.
The LCDs have already settled down a bit, I think they will turn out fine. I figured it had been a while since I'd made a fool of myself so I thought I would make a fuss and forget all about new headphones needing burn-in.
If it was me I go to a friend house or to my local BB store and see if I get the same results on SS receiver amps. When I received results total unexpected I assume nothing and prove everything when troubleshooting. Good luck and hope that you go over your shock. It has happens to me a few times.
I would not assume anything and start from the ground up. I do not think that the LCD2 needs a great deal of break in.
That is a question that recently crossed my mind as well. Mine were made in Austria too.
I listened to the K701s last night and although the sound signature's "weight" is not as heavy as some of my other headphones, it has the clarity that bests my other headphones. I can understand why they are used in the recording studio.
Glenn's amp has incredible sound presence which makes the K701s an agreeable companion. IMHO.
Made in Austria #14914
- 2359glenn | studio
- › Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) 46 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 49 seconds ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 1 minute ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › TOPPING NX3 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 3 minutes ago
- › Evshrug's "If I knew then what I know now" discussion journal. 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › Unique Melody UM Maestro 12 driver IEM by shotgunshane
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse