SO you're such a "BAD" company!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 3/14/17 at 1:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
At the time this review was written, the 1More MK802 bluetooth headphone was listed for sale on 1More’s and Amazon’s website. Here are links for more information and...
I first had the chance to audition these at the Wikia meet in San Francisco, taking them around and trying them in different rigs. For $4000, they had a lot to live up to. While on the...
Magaosi K3 Pro Review: Triple Threat Magaosi is another Chinese IEM maker to burst onto the Chi-Fi scene. While its IEM portfolio is shallow, it is not without quality. Their new triple-driver...
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
2359glenn | studio - Page 11post #151 of 149294/5/12 at 5:27am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #152 of 149294/5/12 at 5:16pm
I made a bit of a discovery today. The TS 7236 tubes came in. The 7236 tubes that I was using were made by Cetron which brought out Tung-Sol tooling for the 7236 during Tung-Sol later days. However the TS 7236 and the Cetron 7236 are not exactly the same as I thought. The Cetron has perfectly round clear mica on top and the brightness of the Cetron filaments is much more than the Tung-sol. The getter flashing of the Tung-Sol goes a bit lower than the Cetron.
"These are my continuing experiences to explore new sonic frontiers. To go boldly where I have not heard before…."
Edited by john57 - 4/5/12 at 9:07pmpost #153 of 149294/5/12 at 8:57pmThread Starter
We'd like to see you push through new frontier. So, is the Cetron 7326 a numeric typo or is it actually a 7326 instead of 7236? I'm still playing around with footers and platforms and the sonic signature continues to change. Ordered a new Maple platform Tuesday night From The Mapleshade Store; very excited - 15"x12"x4". Hope to add a second one of the same size next week.
The first platform will be for the Silver Hawk (the 6AS7 OTL based amp). The second platform faces auditioning - to place underneath the Mac mini music server or the W4S DAC? In June, I hope to simply by a third platform, so no need to choose after that point.
Edited by Silent One - 4/5/12 at 8:58pmpost #154 of 149294/5/12 at 9:21pm
It is 7236 it is all to easy for me to transpose numbers just miss that. One change that I did with mine was to change the plastic feet to thicker and taller rubber feet like in the photo. The only issue since it is natual rubber it has to air out just a bit for a few days.post #155 of 149294/5/12 at 9:44pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by john57
It is 7236 it is all to easy for me to transpose numbers just miss that. One change that I did with mine was to change the plastic feet to thicker and taller rubber feet like in the photo. The only issue since it is natual rubber it has to air out just a bit for a few days.
When Sly & The Family Stone was singing "I Want To Take You H-i-g-h-e-r..." I don't think they ever considered the fumes from a listener's new rubber feet! Good to hear you gonna air 'em out! Can't wait for you to listen for changes in your amp. Hopefully, you won't suffer any sonic penalty for making the change.post #156 of 149294/5/12 at 9:56pmpost #157 of 149294/5/12 at 10:03pmThread Starterpost #158 of 149294/6/12 at 6:06pm
My amp with the two Cetron 7236 tubes on the sides bright heaters but still orange you can see the clear mica spacer on top
The 2C50 tube in front middle has rather dimer heaters
the 3DG4 tube in top back with double top halo getters.
Panasonic DMC-ZS7 compressed
Exposure bias -.7post #159 of 149294/6/12 at 6:19pm
The 5998 glows bright like this too, only the filaments are exposed on the bottom too so you get even more light. I especially love how you can see the cathode glowing in between the anode plates if you look between them. IMO it's the pretttiest tube to look at out of everything I have seen, including my mesh plate EML 274B rectifier.post #160 of 149294/6/12 at 6:55pmThread Starterpost #161 of 149294/6/12 at 6:57pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Xcalibur255
The 5998 glows bright like this too, only the filaments are exposed on the bottom too so you get even more light. I especially love how you can see the cathode glowing in between the anode plates if you look between them. IMO it's the pretttiest tube to look at out of everything I have seen, including my mesh plate EML 274B rectifier.
After looking in darkness from the TS-BGRP & USAF-596, the 5998's look like fireworks!post #162 of 149294/6/12 at 11:56pm
The Raytheon 12SN7 tubes are in the amp now and working fine. The RCA's still have not impress me as much. The Raytheon is good when you need more gain since the 2C50 has lower gain. Depending on your needs and setup both are good and a bit lower noise that the RCA's even with the gray glass. Just finshed checking with all of my headphones taking my time.post #163 of 149294/7/12 at 12:06amThread Starterpost #164 of 149294/7/12 at 1:09pmThread Starterpost #165 of 149294/8/12 at 2:34amThread Starter
130. That is the number of estimated hours I now have on the Silver Hawk. And it is here, at 130 hours that the caps have finally began to open up. It's a wonderful thing to hear; notice. The amp has a bit more depth front-to-rear, air in and around the instruments and vocals. I can peer somewhat deeper into the presentation.
My USAF-596 rectifier just returned home from a World Tour Saturday, so after an hour with the GE-3DG4, I swapped in The Mighty 596 for an additional two hours of fun. The former Governor of Alaska has said she could see the country of Russia from her front porch. Since the '596' went form SoCal to Alaska, I'm sticking to my claims of a World Tour!
Edited by Silent One - 4/8/12 at 2:54am
- 2359glenn | studio
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Audiophile iOS audio player 14 seconds ago
- › Can upgrades from HyperX Cloud II 2 minutes ago
- › Custom cable 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Original/stock AKG Q701 pads 3 minutes ago
- › They might be Kings: Focal Utopia, Sony MDR-Z1R, HiFiMan HE1000 V2... 3 minutes ago
- › Big difference between Stax SRM-252s and 323s? 5 minutes ago
- › LKS Audio MH-DA003 5 minutes ago
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 6 minutes ago
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear