Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 2359glenn | studio
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2359glenn | studio - Page 82

post #1216 of 10631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton SF View Post

 

These are some of my power amp and hp amps.

The WA2 is on loan to Ultra.

Amps on Parade!

 

A year on Head-Fi and this is by far the most impressive thing I have ever seen...I lift my glass to you Clayton! I am glad to see I have a couple of the items in your collection!

 

How long have you been at this? Also, could you share your Decware inventory?

 

Thanks for all you do here.....beerchug.gif

post #1217 of 10631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton SF View Post

These are some of my power amp and hp amps.
The WA2 is on loan to Ultra.
Amps on Parade!
My holey god...thats insane! And me thinking ultrainferno was the limit.. Oh boy how wrong i was biggrin.gif
post #1218 of 10631

"Too much of anything is just enough."

post #1219 of 10631
C and myself make a good team! He's still winning though wink.gif
post #1220 of 10631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post
C and myself make a good team! He's still winning though wink.gif

I don't know. It may be too close to call very soon. That's why the powers that be separated us to different continents.

post #1221 of 10631
Speaking of too much, anyone want to get into the tube selling business?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-lot-of-5000-6080WA-Thomson-new-old-stock-/251169225401

The guy has 5 lots!!!! 25,000 total. WOW.
post #1222 of 10631

I feel proud of my 3 amps (Leben CS-300sx, Decware Taboo and Cary SLI80) but I have a lot of catching up to do!  I am looking forward to my amp from Glenn. 

post #1223 of 10631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post

Speaking of too much, anyone want to get into the tube selling business?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-lot-of-5000-6080WA-Thomson-new-old-stock-/251169225401
The guy has 5 lots!!!! 25,000 total. WOW.

 

Are those nice tubes?  Only $36 each !

post #1224 of 10631
Ummm...you mean $3.60 each! That's a great price for any NOS 6080WA. I'm sure they could be sold for $10-20 each. Never seen a French Thompson 6080.
post #1225 of 10631

That'll teach me to do the math in my head...

post #1226 of 10631
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post

Ummm...you mean $3.60 each! That's a great price for any NOS 6080WA. I'm sure they could be sold for $10-20 each. Never seen a French Thompson 6080.

 

Nice looking French glass, anyway. Also on that page is a tube tester in auction - Military TV7A U TV7. Before I get to "jumpin' in"...and jumpin' up & down if I win, will this box test for most (all?) of the things we'd like to see in a tube tester? Thanks.

 

$(KGrHqZHJFMFCg8cI6yfBQth(rYvkg~~60_57.JPG

post #1227 of 10631
Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post

I feel proud of my 3 amps (Leben CS-300sx, Decware Taboo and Cary SLI80) but I have a lot of catching up to do!  I am looking forward to my amp from Glenn. 

SLI-80 is one of my fantasy amps...One day I will have one!

post #1228 of 10631
Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post

That'll teach me to do the math in my head...

I hated Significant figures in math class.....

post #1229 of 10631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

Nice looking French glass, anyway. Also on that page is a tube tester in auction - Military TV7A U TV7. Before I get to "jumpin' in"...and jumpin' up & down if I win, will this box test for most (all?) of the things we'd like to see in a tube tester? Thanks.

 

%24(KGrHqZHJFMFCg8cI6yfBQth(rYvkg~~60_57.JPG

cool!

 

Ever wonder what tests the tube tester? How do you know if it is accurate?  rolleyes.gif

post #1230 of 10631
Thread Starter 

This tester just under went calibration. There's a bit of irony in this purchase. I'm forced to sell tubes in order to afford the very tester the former tubes would be used for. blink.gif There's always future tubes, I suppose...


Edited by Silent One - 12/1/12 at 3:51pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 2359glenn | studio