Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 2359glenn | studio
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2359glenn | studio - Page 74

post #1096 of 10642
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2359glenn View Post

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL from Glenn

 

A little late but we were driving to Atlanta Georgia 7 ours

 

 

Have a nice weekend Glenn!

Is the iPad charged?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

We like it...a lot! biggrin.gif What did your amp weigh in at? Kilograms or pounds, I'll take "First displayed." rolleyes.gif

 

About 16lbs, I would say.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

Have a happy and safe time with the family, Glenn!

 

We had a houseful and 60 degrees for the meal, 7 hours later we have 3 inches of snow on the ground and the temp has dropped to 25 degrees....Looks like it is time to get the Christmas tree up..

 

Any left overs?

post #1097 of 10642
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post

Any left overs?

 

Plenty...First come first served!

post #1098 of 10642
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post

About 16lbs, I would say.

I'm guessing that special transformer isn't nearly as heavy as the normal one Glenn uses.  I think a lot of the weight of the OTL comes from that big tranny.

post #1099 of 10642

Glenn had it custom made for 230V and also to minimise any risk of damage during shipping.

 

He thought about everything and I got much more than I was hoping for. 

post #1100 of 10642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcalibur255 View Post

I'm guessing that special transformer isn't nearly as heavy as the normal one Glenn uses.  I think a lot of the weight of the OTL comes from that big tranny.

Yes that is a special transformer made to go inside the chassis.But it has the same specs other then 115/230 primary.

and alot lighter it also has a lower magnetic field.

I have seen horrid things happen in shipping with heavy transformers when I worked for Harmon Kardon.

I seen Transformers rip off the chassis and also hole CD4 stereos break in half with 4 power transformers two on each side.

   The new transformers from a new vendor are bigger and heavier only difference is they are 115/230 primary. More costley

to ship bummer

post #1101 of 10642

SO I am trying a NIB Brimar 6SL7GT Black Base, Grey Plates, old style Ø getter.

 

Sade never sounded so good.

post #1102 of 10642
Nice! (Of course, Sade ALWAYS sounds good..biggrin.gif )
post #1103 of 10642
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post

SO I am trying a NIB Brimar 6SL7GT Black Base, Grey Plates, old style Ø getter.

 

Sade never sounded so good.

 

Just reading your description of the event has me already planning for tonight's session! wink.gif The current session is concluding in minutes, too late for the sultry Sade. mad.gif

post #1104 of 10642
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

Nice! (Of course, Sade ALWAYS sounds good..biggrin.gif )

 

Don't start me reminiscing. Once saw her in concert four times in three weeks at three venues in-and-around LA with two dates taking each of them out twice. What a summer! wink.gif

post #1105 of 10642

NU 6SL7GT now on test and from Sade to The Crusaders.

 

Stronger low end but I prefer the Brimar with Sade as the mids are better than with the NU.

post #1106 of 10642
Thread Starter 

Congrats everyone! I've been so busy, I hadn't even noticed the thread blew through 1,000 posts.

beerchug.gif

 

The little studio that could did! 2359glenn|studio is going places...


Edited by Silent One - 11/24/12 at 6:58am
post #1107 of 10642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Don't start me reminiscing. Once saw her in concert four times in three weeks at three venues in-and-around LA with two dates taking each of them out twice. What a summer! wink.gif

You Smooth Operator....wink.gif
post #1108 of 10642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Congrats everyone! I've been so busy, I hadn't even noticed the thread blew through 1,000 posts...
beerchug.gif

See what you started!
post #1109 of 10642

I am By Your Side!

post #1110 of 10642
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post

NU 6SL7GT now on test and from Sade to The Crusaders.

 

Stronger low end but I prefer the Brimar with Sade as the mids are better than with the NU.

 

My Brimar does female vocals well. Earlier this morning I was thinking of putting The Crusaders - Southern Comfort in tonight's rotation. Previously played "Scratch" (vinyl). Which of their work are you featuring?

 

Uh-oh! The sun came up...time for a quick four hour timeout! More from the Silent One late afternoon...


Edited by Silent One - 11/24/12 at 7:03am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 2359glenn | studio