Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions - Page 65

post #961 of 1166

It's been a week for me now, and the left ear piece is somehow getting wonkier and wonkier everyday (I could just never get a good seal). It's somehow not built like it's right side. Anyone having this problem?


And does anyone know if you are able to send the product back for a refund for this problem?


Thank you in advance.

post #962 of 1166
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss2625 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post


With my audio chain the R-50 treble is excellent.  It has no flaws.  It scores a 9.5 out of 10.  If it had longer decay it would score a 10 out of 10.


what is ur audio chain?

 

Right here you can see my audio chain:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/600093/rockit-sounds-r-50-review-impressions-appreciation/435#post_8595847

 

I am getting the best treble taking the Indeed G3 Hybrid Tube amplifier out of the audio chain and connecting the R-50 directly to the headphone output of the E-MU 0202 USB DAC.  With a better tube than the stock tube (GE 5814A), the Indeed G3 amplifier should sound much better.  But, I have not tried other tubes, yet.

post #963 of 1166
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipter View Post

It's been a week for me now, and the left ear piece is somehow getting wonkier and wonkier everyday (I could just never get a good seal). It's somehow not built like it's right side. Anyone having this problem?


And does anyone know if you are able to send the product back for a refund for this problem?


Thank you in advance.

yes ..contact yumi... you will get a refund! I face the same problem, more over the drivers are not matched! I am sending them back mostly by wednesday

post #964 of 1166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post

 

Right here you can see my audio chain:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/600093/rockit-sounds-r-50-review-impressions-appreciation/435#post_8595847

 

I am getting the best treble taking the Indeed G3 Hybrid Tube amplifier out of the audio chain and connecting the R-50 directly to the headphone output of the E-MU 0202 USB DAC.  With a better tube than the stock tube (GE 5814A), the Indeed G3 amplifier should sound much better.  But, I have not tried other tubes, yet.

 

nice. do you have a portable chain also?

post #965 of 1166

well, just received the ety tri-flanges, and man, i just cant get a good seal with them.

guess it has to do with the fact i cant ram them far enough into my ears.

so i just cut the top off and made them bi-flanges, and so far, they are very comfy and have a great seal.

cant comment on the sound difs between them and the included tips tho.

post #966 of 1166

I asked Rockit about the rumored mk2 and apparently there will be no mk2. However, Rocky said that there will be a modified version to secure the cable to avoid breakage and they are expecting to have them by June/July.

post #967 of 1166
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmhtk View Post

I asked Rockit about the rumored mk2 and apparently there will be no mk2. However, Rocky said that there will be a modified version to secure the cable to avoid breakage and they are expecting to have them by June/July.

Its time they all did that by now. my cable broke too .. so now I have sent them for reshelling to In Ear Custom

post #968 of 1166
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayaflo View Post

Its time they all did that by now. my cable broke too .. so now I have sent them for reshelling to In Ear Custom


Yea. . . I was concerned about the durability issue that have been posted around here and even on Amazon and that was the main reason why I shoot them the email. Kind of funny that Rocky gave me the infamous - "you are using them wrong!" Anyways, good luck on your custom!

post #969 of 1166
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmhtk View Post


Yea. . . I was concerned about the durability issue that have been posted around here and even on Amazon and that was the main reason why I shoot them the email. Kind of funny that Rocky gave me the infamous - "you are using them wrong!" Anyways, good luck on your custom!

 

Thanks, I had a Brainwavz B2 clone - another TWFK that I had sent to In Ear Custom, but Indian Post is full of thieves and it got stolen! 

 

The owner of In Ear custom was so generous he bought me a pair of Rockit R-50. But now the cable came off loose. So sending it to him for reshell again.

 

To be honest I think, its a better tuned TWFK than the B2. Much better treble and vocals to my ears. The bass has excellent slam..


Edited by ayaflo - 4/6/13 at 12:23pm
post #970 of 1166
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss2625 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post

 

Right here you can see my audio chain:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/600093/rockit-sounds-r-50-review-impressions-appreciation/435#post_8595847

 

I am getting the best treble taking the Indeed G3 Hybrid Tube amplifier out of the audio chain and connecting the R-50 directly to the headphone output of the E-MU 0202 USB DAC.  With a better tube than the stock tube (GE 5814A), the Indeed G3 amplifier should sound much better.  But, I have not tried other tubes, yet.

 

nice. do you have a portable chain also?

 

 

I started with a portable rig and then moved onto my desktop computer, because I was not satisfied with the sound quality I was getting from it.  Here it is:

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rio_Karma

 

That portable player has a 5 band parametric equalizer.

 

http://www.electric-avenues.com/audio8.html

 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOOPS-0-5M-3-5MM-JACK-PLUG-TO-PLUG-CABLE-LEAD-MALE-HEADPHONE-AUX-AUDIOPHILE-/370613641755?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item564a4b621b

 

The main drawback of this setup was that it had just 5 equalizer bands.  My desktop setup has 45.  I bet you that if the portable player had a 31 (or more) band equalizer, I would be using it quite often.

post #971 of 1166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post

 

 

I started with a portable rig and then moved onto my desktop computer, because I was not satisfied with the sound quality I was getting from it.  Here it is:

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rio_Karma

 

That portable player has a 5 band parametric equalizer.

 

http://www.electric-avenues.com/audio8.html

 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOOPS-0-5M-3-5MM-JACK-PLUG-TO-PLUG-CABLE-LEAD-MALE-HEADPHONE-AUX-AUDIOPHILE-/370613641755?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item564a4b621b

 

The main drawback of this setup was that it had just 5 equalizer bands.  My desktop setup has 45.  I bet you that if the portable player had a 31 (or more) band equalizer, I would be using it quite often.

 

first time ive heard of the rio karma.

since you say it doesnt sound that good, i guess i wont be emulating it then :D

post #972 of 1166
post #973 of 1166
Quote:

 

Excellent review Mark! Spot on!

I think they have better imaging than the B2, also a more acceptable treble tilt. 

 

Thanks for the review.

post #974 of 1166
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayaflo View Post

 

Excellent review Mark! Spot on!

I think they have better imaging than the B2, also a more acceptable treble tilt. 

 

Thanks for the review.

 

 thank you

post #975 of 1166

this, Brainwavz B2, GR07 MK2, GR07 Bass or RE400 for EDM?


Edited by needbassndetail - 4/9/13 at 5:51am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions