Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions - Page 58

post #856 of 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielKRego View Post

Definitely, I understand that. All trade-offs. But if you were to venture an opinion on a BA-based IEM that captures a more full presentation than the R-50?

 

May I suggest you check out Fischer audio DBA 02 MKII, they have the speed and clarity of R50 with better body and build quality.
post #857 of 1171

So...I think I'm not getting a good seal using the stock eartips(medium ones). Maybe that's why I'm finding the sound thin, bright/harsh, and artificial. When I pressed the iems against my ears just a little, the sound quality is awesome. I guess my ears are a bit big? What tips would you guys recommend to get the ideal seal? I am loving these a bit more than the hd 558 in therms of clarity, vocal(especially) minus the bass and soundstage which i think are better on the hd 558.
 

post #858 of 1171

I used shure olives

post #859 of 1171
Thread Starter 

Its funny because I hated the stock tips that came with the R-50 but now with my new pair they actually fit me very well and I get a great seal, I'm still going to get some Ety grey tri-flange tips though as they really are the best ones for the R-50.  Rockit should start to add some tri-flange in the box so they can save everyone the hassle of having to by some since they seem to be the most popular choice.

post #860 of 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGood View Post

So...I think I'm not getting a good seal using the stock eartips(medium ones). Maybe that's why I'm finding the sound thin, bright/harsh, and artificial. When I pressed the iems against my ears just a little, the sound quality is awesome. I guess my ears are a bit big? What tips would you guys recommend to get the ideal seal? I am loving these a bit more than the hd 558 in therms of clarity, vocal(especially) minus the bass and soundstage which i think are better on the hd 558.
 

 

Have you tried the large stock tips?

 

That is what I use and I wear them straight down, with the left earphone on the right ear and the right earphone on the left ear.

post #861 of 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGood View Post

So...I think I'm not getting a good seal using the stock eartips(medium ones). Maybe that's why I'm finding the sound thin, bright/harsh, and artificial. When I pressed the iems against my ears just a little, the sound quality is awesome. I guess my ears are a bit big? What tips would you guys recommend to get the ideal seal? I am loving these a bit more than the hd 558 in therms of clarity, vocal(especially) minus the bass and soundstage which i think are better on the hd 558.
 

I found the same thing as you..I am actually in between the medium and the large. When I push them against my ears the sound is great. I received my P-Series Complys today so I am experimenting with those.

post #862 of 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkid View Post

I used shure olives

Are they comfy? And how is the SQ with those?

post #863 of 1171
Super comfy, durable and slightly warmer sq
post #864 of 1171
This thing makes me surprised.. I try this from my friend, It's cheapy looking but once I try it, I got it for my first iem, then I bring to reshelling it as my first ciem. I like fullsize cans and eabuds, but I choose this for my first ciem, hehe
Edited by Goldenpig3888 - 2/8/13 at 1:33am
post #865 of 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenpig3888 View Post

This thing makes me surprised.. I try this from my friend, It's cheapy looking but once I try it, I got it for my first iem, then I bring to reshelling it as my first ciem. I like fullsize cans and eabuds, but I choose this for my first ciem, hehe

Good choice!
post #866 of 1171

Could anyone post some link from websites that ship worldwide for the eartips? I need some tips that'd give me a nice seal and that would add more body(these do lack body even when inserted properly) and warmth to the sound?

 

Thanks :D

post #867 of 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGood View Post

Could anyone post some link from websites that ship worldwide for the eartips? I need some tips that'd give me a nice seal and that would add more body(these do lack body even when inserted properly) and warmth to the sound?

Thanks biggrin.gif

Even with a good seal or tip variation you won't alter the signature enough. It's just how they sound it's their signature. If you want to add some warmth amp them, makes them sound fuller, fills them out opening up the bass a touch. They're just very delicate sounding in signature to my ears, but once you it grabs hold it's hard not to love them.

So clear, so crisp, detailed.
post #868 of 1171
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Even with a good seal or tip variation you won't alter the signature enough. It's just how they sound it's their signature. If you want to add some warmth amp them, makes them sound fuller, fills them out opening up the bass a touch. They're just very delicate sounding in signature to my ears, but once you it grabs hold it's hard not to love them.

So clear, so crisp, detailed.

 

And to think you didn't like them at all after your first listen, goes to show some IEM's take a bit to get used to.  That's how it was for me with the SM3 because I was really thinking I might sale them after first listen but I gave them time to get used to and now they're the best IEM I've ever had, go figure.

post #869 of 1171

I was at first considering these R-50s but after a bit of research, it seems like build quality on them is not exactly glamorous. With reports of the cable coming apart after only a few months of use, I had to back out. So in the end, I decided to purchase the RE262s which look quite a bit more durable and found them at a very respectable price of $120. I would like to know how the 262s compare with the 50s.

post #870 of 1171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

And to think you didn't like them at all after your first listen, goes to show some IEM's take a bit to get used to.  That's how it was for me with the SM3 because I was really thinking I might sale them after first listen but I gave them time to get used to and now they're the best IEM I've ever had, go figure.

I did not like what I was hearing at first. tongue.gif it was a moment to remember for me, you, and the thread lol. I spent a good few hours with them last night, my R-50 are meant to be going out on loan in about a week, I'm reluctant to let them go on vacation. Most of my listening is done laying down at night and for that at ambient volumes you could imagine these do impress extensively. $120 is just a no brainier if the sig suits.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 2/8/13 at 3:21pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions