Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Rockit Sounds R-50 Review/Impressions/Appreciation
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rockit Sounds R-50 Review/Impressions/Appreciation - Page 5

post #61 of 1164
Thread Starter 

No the earguides aren't removable but I wouldn't call them guides really its just like a wrap, and I don't see how to take the rubber cover off without ripping them.

 

Heres a pic of how they look without them on from the Rockit Sounds site.

 

 

thumbnail.jpg

post #62 of 1164


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

I don't see how to take the rubber cover off without ripping them.

 

It seems like Jupiterknight managed to remove it. Perhaps it's two pieces held together?

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jupiterknight View Post

Housing is smaller than the DBA-02 and very similar sized and shaped as the the Q-jays  It's protected by a rubber cover that is removable.

 

post #63 of 1164
Thread Starter 

The rubber is one solid peace so if he can get them off I'd like to know how though I like them they keep the IEM's from getting cracked or broke and makes them more comfortable instead of having plastic rubbing against your ear.


Edited by Techno Kid - 4/18/12 at 1:46am
post #64 of 1164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

The rubber is one solid peace so if he can get them off I'd like to know how though I like them they keep the IEM's from getting cracked or broke and makes them more comfortable instead of having plastic rubbing against your ear.


Hmm, maybe you have a different revision or something. Your pictures make the rubber housing/eartips/cable wrap look a lot more light gray colored vs. the solid black that it looks like in the pictures on their website. Not sure if the R-11 that jant71 has uses the same eartips as the R-50 but his eartips look black as well.

 

I guess we'll just wait for Jupiterknight to come back and chime in on how to remove the rubber thing.

 

I was considering getting a pair of Fischer DBA-02 mkII but from what I've read from ljokerl's review thread and Jupiterknight's impressions, these seem to be similar sounding to the mkII revision (slightly relaxed highs, warmer sound vs. original DBA-02) at a lower cost while also being more ergonomic (angled nozzle) and having a less microphonic cable.


Edited by PeterDLai - 4/18/12 at 2:55am
post #65 of 1164
Thread Starter 

Well I've had some contact with Rocky from Rockit Sounds and gave him a link to this thread and I suggested to him that the specs for all the IEM's should be on the website so he's having the web designer put them up along with some more images.  

 

I also found out that they have a 1 year warranty which is great in case the drivers fail but I don't really see that happening you never know though.

post #66 of 1164

great review!!! beerchug.gif thanks for sharing!

sounds like you REALLY like it despite the price

post #67 of 1164
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuka View Post

great review!!! beerchug.gif thanks for sharing!

sounds like you REALLY like it despite the price



Thanks, and what do you mean by "despite the price".  To me thats one of the reasons its such a good deal, $119.99 is very cheap for the way they sound.  I don't know of any other TWFK based IEM that can be had as cheap.  

 

Take the GR01, jokers review of them sounds almost identical to how I hear the R-50 and the GR01 goes for over $200, and at $120 for the R-50 you can't bet that for a top-tier sound imo.

post #68 of 1164

i mean, that even without taking the price in count, you seem to like it

post #69 of 1164
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuka View Post

i mean, that even without taking the price in count, you seem to like it



Ok I got you.

post #70 of 1164


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDLai View Post


 

 

I guess we'll just wait for Jupiterknight to come back and chime in on how to remove the rubber thing.

 

 


The grey rubber/silicon cover is there to protect the housing and it does make the R-50 more comfortable to wear.

It can be removed by starting from the top with the small opening around the wire by pulling it down around the housing and then very gently work you way towards the nozzle.  I tried it on one side but I don't really encourage anyone doing it unless absolutely necessary since it was a bit more complicated putting it back on and it can very easily be damage during the process

 

post #71 of 1164
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiterknight View Post


 


The grey rubber/silicon cover is there to protect the housing and it does make the R-50 more comfortable to wear.

It can be removed by starting from the top with the small opening around the wire by pulling it down around the housing and then very gently work you way towards the nozzle.  I tried it on one side but I don't really encourage anyone doing it unless absolutely necessary since it was a bit more complicated putting it back on and it can very easily be damage during the process

 



And thats why I have no urge to take them off.  They protect the housing and like you said make them more comfortable to wear.

post #72 of 1164
Thread Starter 

I can't get over how good they sound for the price, I feel like I haven't taken them off in 2 days.  I've never noticed any burn-in change with BA's but the R-50's bass seem to be a touch bigger now but I think its just me getting used to them and the fact that I'm using my FiiO E6 with them but I have it set on the flat EQ so no bass boost.  The amp has given the soundstage some added width and depth and now they sound every bit as wide as my TF10's if not a little wider with some tracks.  I never would have thought a small BA like the TWFK would have such an impressive soundstage, just goes to show size doesn't always matter wink_face.gif

 

 

post #73 of 1164
Thread Starter 

I just added a product page for the R-50 in the Head Gear section and posted my review there also, heres the link: http://www.head-fi.org/products/rockit-sounds-r-50

post #74 of 1164

What genres have you liked with the R-50?

post #75 of 1164
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringyring View Post

What genres have you liked with the R-50?

 

Well the main type I listen to is edm (big shock there) but hip hop, alt rock, and even classical all sound really good on these.  I think there just a great all around performer and work well with all types of music as any good IEM should imo.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Rockit Sounds R-50 Review/Impressions/Appreciation