Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Rockit Sounds R-50 Review/Impressions/Appreciation
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rockit Sounds R-50 Review/Impressions/Appreciation - Page 31

post #451 of 1164
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by daflippymaster View Post

Well damn, wish I had known about that when I ordered mine! rolleyes.gif

 

Yea on they're home page if you click on the area that has the little statement like "Alter the state of hearing" or whatever it will show you the discount code.

post #452 of 1164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

Yea on they're home page if you click on the area that has the little statement like "Alter the state of hearing" or whatever it will show you the discount code.

Oh well good to know! I'll definitely have to utilize that in the future
post #453 of 1164
Quote:
Originally Posted by daflippymaster View Post

http://www.complyfoam.com/products/P-Series/

 

I would probably go for the medium ones if you normally use the large silicone tips, (the large are gigantic).  However the safest bet might be to get the pack with one of all three sizes so you can experiment a little bit

Are these hard foam tips or spongy foam tips?

 

What size do you use?

 

Are these forever lasting like the silicone tips or these wear out over time?

post #454 of 1164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post

Are these hard foam tips or spongy foam tips?

 

What size do you use?

 

Are these forever lasting like the silicone tips or these wear out over time?

-these are spongy tips, once they heat up I can't even feel them most days.  When you say hard foam I think of the shure olives, so yes, the comply ones are more spongy than those but i don't think they are as spongy as the shure yellow foam ones (i've never used those)

 

-What size you use kinda depends on how deeply you like them inserted.  For the R-50 I use the small ones because it allows for a much deeper insertion than with the mediums.  However, I do use the medium ones on a pair of se215's I have because they don't go as deep and fill my ear canal better at shallower depths.  I think I have smaller than average ears so YMMV 

 

-These will also most likely wear out over time, I haven't had mine for very long (only about a month) but they will need to be replaced eventually I believe.  If you take good care of them and clean your ears regularly then I think they will last a while.


Edited by daflippymaster - 8/8/12 at 2:42pm
post #455 of 1164
Thread Starter 

Yea they ware out kinda fast well at least for me because I use my IEM's any were from 4 to 8 hours a day.  I get one pair to last me a few months to maybe 6 so I guess they do last awhile.  They're great though, I just ordered a set of 3 of the black T-100's you can't beat the original.  I've never used the Comply's with the R-50 yet so I'm looking forward to hearing how they compare to the Atrio foam tips.

post #456 of 1164

let us know how that turns out! I'd be interested to know if its worth it to invest in some

side note: do they last about as long as comply?

post #457 of 1164
Thread Starter 

Yea they're not as soft and spongy but still very comfortable imo though the do make my ears itch from time to time but so do the Comply's.  Actually they might last a bit longer because they're a bit stronger.  I've only had my Atrio's for like 6 months and all the foam tips are still usable but you have to switch them out because they start to take the shape of your ear, but after a few days they regain the cylinder shape.


Edited by Techno Kid - 8/8/12 at 3:22pm
post #458 of 1164

interesting...so they're a lot like the shure olives then?

post #459 of 1164
Thread Starter 

Well maybe the fact that they're not as soft as the Comply but they're not really like the olives either.  They're more like the Etymotic foam tips, they have the same shape but the Atrio tips are softer than the Ety tips.  

post #460 of 1164

Hey Techno Kid, seeing your signature, how does the R-50's compare to the Aurvana 3? They are roughly the same price.

post #461 of 1164
Thread Starter 

The R-50 is more balanced and detailed with a larger soundstage where is the Aurvana IE3 is mid-centric and has more of a lush sound to it.  The R-50 sounds much better and is more then worth its price of $120.

post #462 of 1164

Received the R-50's today. Haven't had much time to listen to them, but from the small amount I heard they sound very clear and airy. I'm used to the Yamaha EPH-100 which has a very full and warm sound, so this takes some getting used to. The treble so far is outstanding though.

 

I'm surprised by the isolation these give me. Not on par with the Yamaha's, but quite good.

 

Been experimenting with tips. I got some sony hybrids on now, which seem to do the job, but what other tips work well with them? I saw someone post a link to the future sonics Atrio tips, but that didn't lead me to anything I could order. I'm looking for something that might enhance the bass a bit.

 

Will come back to post more impressions once I get more accustomed to them.

 

Btw, love the look of these without the rubber protection.

post #463 of 1164

how would you compare R-50 with PFE 012?

post #464 of 1164
Thread Starter 

I don't have the PFE 012 so I don't know but compared to the 112 the R-50 sound better with a larger, airy and more cohesive soundstage but both are detailed with good separation.

post #465 of 1164
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFrost View Post

Been experimenting with tips. I got some sony hybrids on now, which seem to do the job, but what other tips work well with them? I saw someone post a link to the future sonics Atrio tips, but that didn't lead me to anything I could order. I'm looking for something that might enhance the bass a bit.

Like I posted earlier; you can't go wrong with the comply p series, it helps the bass a bit but don't expect anything too crazy. I'd recommend a decent portable amp (or some eq'ing) for that. The atrio foam tips are also quite good according to Techno Kid, but I can't speak for those as I don't have them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Rockit Sounds R-50 Review/Impressions/Appreciation