Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Rockit Sounds R-50 Review/Impressions/Appreciation
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rockit Sounds R-50 Review/Impressions/Appreciation - Page 78

post #1156 of 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodweb View Post
 

I'd go with the VC1000. Smooth highs with a little more bass but less soundstage. About the same price as the R-50.

I noticed that you have re-shelled your R-50. I'm thinking of doing the same but would want some affirmation that reshelling will not alter the sound of these IEMs significantly. I'm using the R-50 with Tri-flanges and find them to be just the right amount of warmth and bass quantity. 

Did you notice any significant change in sound pre and post reshell? Is there any sibilance?  My cable is about to give way (they are slowly undoing themselves) 

post #1157 of 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeheych View Post
 

I noticed that you have re-shelled your R-50. I'm thinking of doing the same but would want some affirmation that reshelling will not alter the sound of these IEMs significantly. I'm using the R-50 with Tri-flanges and find them to be just the right amount of warmth and bass quantity. 

Did you notice any significant change in sound pre and post reshell? Is there any sibilance?  My cable is about to give way (they are slowly undoing themselves) 

 

I have replied to your PM on this.

 

Decrease in bass quantity and next to no sibilance are the biggest audible differences. I would assume the former difference is due to my choosing the Shure SE-535 cables and would suggest instead to go for copper cables if you have the choice.


Edited by ayaflo - 4/12/14 at 11:07pm
post #1158 of 1161
I think you'll be fine if you ask for longer ear canal impressions. I can't confirm if that was any difference because the whole process took 6 months for me.
post #1159 of 1161

i have the R-50 the problem i dont have a seal. anyone can recomended for other tips?

post #1160 of 1161

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by listen4joy View Post
 

i have the R-50 the problem i dont have a seal. anyone can recomended for other tips?

I have the same problem as you before I changed over to the Tri-flanges. The tri-flanges really help eliminate sibilance and bring out the warmness in terms of low end. It shows the IEMs true sound sig (that being a mix of analytical and warm + sweet as well) 

 

You could alternatively try comply tips with these as well, though I personally don't prefer them due to my own reasons.

A rough comparison done by a fellow head-fier could be found here http://www.head-fi.org/products/rockit-sounds-r-50/reviews/8793

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayaflo View Post
 

 

I have replied to your PM on this.

 

Decrease in bass quantity and next to no sibilance are the biggest audible differences. I would assume the former difference is due to my choosing the Shure SE-535 cables and would suggest instead to go for copper cables if you have the choice.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodweb View Post

I think you'll be fine if you ask for longer ear canal impressions. I can't confirm if that was any difference because the whole process took 6 months for me.

 

Thanks for your replies! Really helpful. I guess these IEMs are worth the reshell alone for the fit and build quality improvements. 

post #1161 of 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeheych View Post

 

Thanks for your replies! Really helpful. I guess these IEMs are worth the reshell alone for the fit and build quality improvements. 

Yes, I also had a problem with the R-50 fit. Reshelling it sure helps! And you can also put some detachable cables :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Rockit Sounds R-50 Review/Impressions/Appreciation