Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Rockit Sounds R-50 Review/Impressions/Appreciation
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rockit Sounds R-50 Review/Impressions/Appreciation - Page 72

post #1066 of 1164
I think that at those bitrates, your files are probably on the borderline between sounding decent and you being able to make out the compression artifacts. It will all depend on what type of music you have in those bitrates. Anything with a high dynamic range (think classical), will not sound very good in lower bitrates. In general it really pays off to have at least 320 kbps if you're using MP3s, but in this case it basically means YMMV. The R-50 has a TWFK driver which has a pretty high level of detail resolution for a BA speaker, so your best bet would be get higher quality recordings or re-rip your music collection.
Edited by outmywindow - 8/21/13 at 7:20pm
post #1067 of 1164

Quote:
Originally Posted by outmywindow View Post

I think that at those bitrates, your files are probably on the borderline between sounding decent and you being able to make out the compression artifacts. It will all depend on what type of music you have in those bitrates. Anything with a high dynamic range (think classical), will not sound very good in lower bitrates. In general it really pays off to have at least 320 kbps if you're using MP3s, but in this case it basically means YMMV. The R-50 has a TWFK driver which has a pretty high level of detail resolution for a BA speaker, so your best bet would be get higher quality recordings or re-rip your music collection.
 

I currently use Rdio for listening to music, which has those bitrates, if I switch to Spotify for 2$ more I could get 320kbps. They say they use Ogg Vorbis format.

At the current bitrate I have (210-224kbps) is there another similar high-ish quality IEM that would sound good?

 

Also, I listen to mainly piano music, some rock.

 

Thanks a bunch for your help


Edited by Tyow - 8/21/13 at 8:42pm
post #1068 of 1164

Deleted


Edited by Tyow - 8/21/13 at 8:10pm
post #1069 of 1164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyow View Post

So I am thinking about getting these, my only problem is that everyone is saying if your music isn't high quality enough then this well make it sound worse..

 

So my question is, is 210-224~ kbps good enough? or will it sound bad?

Mid-200kbps MP3s tend to be transparent for the most part, it should be fine. It might be worthwhile to upgrade to a better bitrate there, but you probably won't see too much of a difference, even if you were to AB or ABX test the 210-224kbps against a 320kbps.


Edited by lostmage - 8/25/13 at 3:08pm
post #1070 of 1164

Are the R50M's the exact same as the R50's? Looking to order a pair and they're out of stock of the R50 and only have the M version. 

post #1071 of 1164

Apart from the mic, they should be same..

post #1072 of 1164

http://rockitsounds.com/shop/product/?prod_id=16

Is this the actual site and do you think that it is safe to buy from there? I was planning on getting the shure se215 and came across these on here. Unfortunately, the rockit aren't on amazon.ca.

What do yoy recommend? These or the shures?

post #1073 of 1164
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimShadyMJ View Post
 

http://rockitsounds.com/shop/product/?prod_id=16

Is this the actual site and do you think that it is safe to buy from there? I was planning on getting the shure se215 and came across these on here. Unfortunately, the rockit aren't on amazon.ca.

What do yoy recommend? These or the shures?

The R50's if you like a leaner/more analytical sound. Shures if you like more bass and a rolled off treble. Pretty sure that's the official website, so yes it would be safe.


Edited by Zalithian - 9/11/13 at 11:14pm
post #1074 of 1164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalithian View Post
 

The R50's if you like a leaner/more analytical sound. Shures if you like more bass and a rolled off treble. Pretty sure that's the official website, so yes it would be safe.

 

Thanks. The site was just so badly designed, it looked like a fake. lol.

post #1075 of 1164
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimShadyMJ View Post
 

 

Thanks. The site was just so badly designed, it looked like a fake. lol.

 

This site is great :) Check this thread out if you want anymore help with ANY IEM; Multi-IEM Review - 295 IEMs compared

post #1076 of 1164
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimShadyMJ View Post
 

 

Thanks. The site was just so badly designed, it looked like a fake. lol.

 

I just got my R-50m's yesterday. Listened to them a bit and they sound great! Coming from the stock iem's that came with my phone I didn't think iems could sound so good.

 
I ordered them off the site you posted. It took 3 weeks shipping to Canada from China.
post #1077 of 1164

As you move through the checkout steps, a PayPal link will show up on the manufacturer's website

post #1078 of 1164

Are these stable/Do they work well without the memory wire?
The memory wire on the right side broke inside the heat shrink and won't form well to my ear anymore.

 

I'd send them back but i'm already in the process of sending my main pair of iems (sm3 v2) for repairs as well and these are the backups for those :s

post #1079 of 1164
Quote:
Originally Posted by daflippymaster View Post
 

Are these stable/Do they work well without the memory wire?
The memory wire on the right side broke inside the heat shrink and won't form well to my ear anymore.

 

I'd send them back but i'm already in the process of sending my main pair of iems (sm3 v2) for repairs as well and these are the backups for those :s

 

Everything works better with mine without the mw.  Here is the easy way to remove it:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/600093/rockit-sounds-r-50-review-impressions-appreciation/1020#post_9528582

post #1080 of 1164

Huh, i really hate r-50 ... 

 

I had shure 535 and i sold them, thinking to get more "analytical", and than i found these, and i dont know why, but when im listening to these, sound is just passing by me for some reason, i can never get into the song the way i could with 535 ... I think the reason is these are so bright that i can never turn up enough to hear lower and mid part of the spectrum in a way i could with shure, and than everything sounds so thin and small ...

Dont get me wrong, they are very transparent, and u can hear everything, and everything is there, it is just that in every song hi hat is louder than the bass and the lead instrument, which really pisses me off ...I dont know why people call this analytical, i never heard this kind of sound on any sound system, mids are always the loudest part in the music, bass is always biggest sounding, here the hi hat is the loudest, and hi hat is the same size as bass if you would imagine it in your head.

I get that they are called analytical cuz they dont change frequency response of the song (although i highly doubt that from what i heard), but this analytical soud, doesent have aything to do with real world representation of the full range sound. 

 

Probably best words to describe the difference would be that with 535 i felt like im listening to music from a huge stadium sound system, while with these i feel like im listening to music from ipad/laptop speakers ... 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Rockit Sounds R-50 Review/Impressions/Appreciation