Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! - Page 494

post #7396 of 7401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post


It was converted to RWD several years ago, that's why it was more than most other Mk IIs, the guy had a lot tied up in it. It was sitting at an auction and after a good look at the work done I was like "I've got to buy this". When we got it it was tuned to a more modest 160hp but it was built to make upwards of 300, though we did go to a larger, beefier intercooler. The mapping can be changed on the fly by the driver for 160, 220, or 280.


May I know how much you got it for ?

post #7397 of 7401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post


It was converted to RWD several years ago, that's why it was more than most other Mk IIs, the guy had a lot tied up in it. It was sitting at an auction and after a good look at the work done I was like "I've got to buy this". When we got it it was tuned to a more modest 160hp but it was built to make upwards of 300, though we did go to a larger, beefier intercooler. The mapping can be changed on the fly by the driver for 160, 220, or 280.


So pretty much a standard mini then :cool:

post #7398 of 7401
Thread Starter 
Absolutely, just like one. biggrin.gif But seriously, anything that you can turn with the throttle and the handbrake @80mph, while holding the wheel straight (one wheel locks while the other turns the car 180°), is nuts.



I think I paid $24k but I'm not 100% sure (it did come with the original engine).
post #7399 of 7401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

Absolutely, just like one. biggrin.gif But seriously, anything that you can turn with the throttle and the handbrake @80mph, while holding the wheel straight (one wheel locks while the other turns the car 180°), is nuts.

And so was invented the parking doughnut.

Perhaps you should get your handbrake cable adjusted :p,

on the subject of brakes what does this little one have?

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

I think I paid $24k but I'm not 100% sure (it did come with the original engine).

I think even I would buy one for that (if I could register it for the road).

post #7400 of 7401
Thread Starter 
The locking diff is made that way to allow for some pretty crazy maneuvers. Downshift, pull the handbrake, apply throttle, and feather the brake pedal with your left foot and you can do Crazy Ivans in the middle of a highway.
post #7401 of 7401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

The locking diff is made that way to allow for some pretty crazy maneuvers. Downshift, pull the handbrake, apply throttle, and feather the brake pedal with your left foot and you can do Crazy Ivans in the middle of a highway.


Ye olde trials hill-climb cars used to have "fiddle brakes", two hand brake levers so you could lock the rear wheels independently, sort of early manual traction control :smile:. But I never heard of a locking diff that only locked one side :eek:, can you choose which side locks, so you can do stretched, displaced figure eights ?:D 

 

edit: Do you really mean "in the middle of a highway", don't mean to be "inciteful" but the word dashcam comes to mind.


Edited by jimmers - Today at 6:16 am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!