Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! - Page 449

post #6721 of 7866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

I'm on the phone with another buyer and we're trying to get everyone to back out and not deal with them. Screw that broker. mad.gif


Do you know all the potential buyers? It takes only one star struck moron with too much available cash to torpedoe a boycott like that.

post #6722 of 7866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post
 


Do you know all the potential buyers? It takes only one star struck moron with too much available cash to torpedoe a boycott like that.


That's my fear as well. There's going to be some unsavory buyer who sees everyone else's new lack of interest as an opportunity to grab what he or she wants at a lower price than they expected.

post #6723 of 7866
Thread Starter 
The executor received so many complaints that the original agent was sacked and they're being relisted without Walker's name attached to them. Hooray. smily_headphones1.gif
post #6724 of 7866

Nice to see the executor showing integrity there. Heaven help the auto auction world, lets hope this becomes a precedent.

post #6725 of 7866
Thread Starter 
Oh, and Noble is going to allow Rossion to build 50 M600s /year for the US market, at a price of $200k. The difference is, it'll have a 680bhp TT Ford Coyote, w/ 6-spd Getrag gearbox, here in the States (very similar to what they did with the Q1). Preorders are starting next month with production to begin with the 2016 model year. Hubba-hubba.
post #6726 of 7866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

Oh, and Noble is going to allow Rossion to build 50 M600s /year for the US market, at a price of $200k. The difference is, it'll have a 680bhp TT Ford Coyote, w/ 6-spd Getrag gearbox, here in the States (very similar to what they did with the Q1). Preorders are starting next month with production to begin with the 2016 model year. Hubba-hubba.


How's that work? Swapping out the TT Volvo engine cuts the price in half?

 

Are you going to order yours in the McLaren orange colour.:D

post #6727 of 7866
Thread Starter 
No idea, but I'm betting that the options list is where the money is, like with the Q1. An original M600 wouldn't cost nearly as much in the US as it does in the UK and EU, due to not having a VAT.
post #6728 of 7866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

No idea, but I'm betting that the options list is where the money is, like with the Q1. An original M600 wouldn't cost nearly as much in the US as it does in the UK and EU, due to not having a VAT.


Yes, but the 400 + pricetag I saw was for a US (non left hand drive conversion no less) model so the VAT should not have entered into it. Malcom Bricklin doing the importing:eek:?

post #6729 of 7866
Thread Starter 
I think that was a US projected model, they never got it cleared for US sale, though there are a few floating around, not surprisingly. rolleyes.gif Anything is available here, no matter if it's supposed to be or not. The ones from Rossion (perhaps badged a Q2?) will be built from Noble M600 gliders w/ the EPA approved Ford drivetrain. I was quoted one, with the options I want, for 245k, which is pretty impressive considering the street price of the S650 or 458 especiale.


On the Walker cars we worked out a Saleen S-281SC (Fox Mustang) coupe, the bat-sh*t insane Supra, and the white S15 Silvia (w/ tons of HKS insanity making 550hp, pre-N2O). The M1 was sold to someone, no idea who but it was gone very quickly. That's okay, he wasn't as crazy about it, he was known for the Saleen Fox Mustangs, JDM cars, and 911s. There's still a chance at a 911 GT3 RS. Essentially they set prices, about 10-20% over CMV, and the cars simply vanished.
post #6730 of 7866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

I think that was a US projected model, they never got it cleared for US sale, though there are a few floating around, not surprisingly. rolleyes.gif Anything is available here, no matter if it's supposed to be or not. The ones from Rossion (perhaps badged a Q2?) will be built from Noble M600 gliders w/ the EPA approved Ford drivetrain. I was quoted one, with the options I want, for 245k, which is pretty impressive considering the street price of the S650 or 458 especiale.

On the Walker cars we worked out a Saleen S-281SC (Fox Mustang) coupe, the bat-sh*t insane Supra, and the white S15 Silvia (w/ tons of HKS insanity making 550hp, pre-N2O). The M1 was sold to someone, no idea who but it was gone very quickly. That's okay, he wasn't as crazy about it, he was known for the Saleen Fox Mustangs, JDM cars, and 911s. There's still a chance at a 911 GT3 RS. Essentially they set prices, about 10-20% over CMV, and the cars simply vanished.


That would make sense. It would be de riguer to quote a US price pending interest enough to actually build and certify it. The price you are quoted makes it seem like bargain priced exotica. Hand build exotic at production car prices. Wonder what the boys at Aston think about that:)

 

The M1 search continues. At least it guaranteed employment for the minion:D

 

Now the GT3's I heard had all been on the track. Caution may be in order there.

 

I'd like to drive that Supra, for about a kilometer:D

post #6731 of 7866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post
 


I'd like to drive that Supra, for about a kilometer:D

My thoughts exactly. It's a beast, but not necessarily in a good way.

post #6732 of 7866
Thread Starter 
Landed in Rome, big city. eek.gif
post #6733 of 7866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post
ACD Systems Digital Imaging

In middle school i had that poster on my wall :D amazing car!

Quick question a good friend of mine just bought a 1985 Porsche 928s. It's in pretty great condition he got it for 4500$ it has around 11k miles on it owned by a local car restoration shop the guy sold it so his wife would stop nagging him about owning three of them did he get a good deal? I drove it yesterday and i gotta say im jealous it drives spectacularly. it looks exactly like this one


Edited by sheffy70 - 5/12/14 at 12:04pm
post #6734 of 7866

With the 924, 944, 928, and 968, you either buy a really bad example or a really good example. A large portion of the production run of the 928 has experienced huge electronics issues by now, and owner neglect over time is also of grave concern. If your friend bought his from somebody who really knows the model and cared for the car, it's probably a decent buy. The 928 hasn't quite reached collectable status yet, but in a decade or two $5K will seem like a steal for a good example.

post #6735 of 7866
Thread Starter 
It's all about maintenance with the 924, 928, 944 and their service records. You pay on the front end, or you pay a whole lot more later.

We're all settled in now, what a gorgeous city after dark. We rented a small walled and gated villa for a month, it has a small garden and fountain in the back. I'm hanging out there on a swing right now, clear skies and 18C. Awesome. I ended up leasing a new-ish 2014 Quattroporte for a month, because it was a whole lot cheaper than renting it day-by-day. Great car, fast and comfortable (I love the throaty Ferrari V8 in it). A big German sedan would have been less, but since we're in Italy I figured we might as well go all Italian. Oh yeah, and Petrol prices?? All I can say is WTF?! It's €1.85 /liter (~$10 /gallon) blink.gif At least the attendants are awesome, reminds me of gas stations in the USA back in the 50s, with their clean and pressed uniforms. Except these also had beverages and snacks. "Cappuccino signore o signora?"

.
Edited by Magick Man - 5/12/14 at 2:23pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!