Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! - Page 380

post #5686 of 9068
Thread Starter 
Very interesting vacation home. Hmm...

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/305-Western-Dr_Santa-Cruz_CA_95060_M22824-08032?row=30
post #5687 of 9068
To your neighbors, I have one thing to say:

Evolution In Action...

And Magick, don't you DARE try to get on your white horse and save them! For the good of the gene pool, please let them fend for themselves. They don't want nor deserve your pity. They haven't hit bottom - and anything you do for them now will not be appreciated. I know I'm a heartless b@stard - but I honestly do not think saving people like this works - it just prolongs the time until they hit bottom and become willing to make real, meaningful changes that will work.
post #5688 of 9068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

Very interesting vacation home. Hmm...

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/305-Western-Dr_Santa-Cruz_CA_95060_M22824-08032?row=30


Hmm. Right off the highway, protected to the north by a preserve and park, temptingly close to Monterrey, whats the catch?

post #5689 of 9068
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

To your neighbors, I have one thing to say:

Evolution In Action...

And Magick, don't you DARE try to get on your white horse and save them! For the good of the gene pool, please let them fend for themselves. They don't want nor deserve your pity. They haven't hit bottom - and anything you do for them now will not be appreciated. I know I'm a heartless b@stard - but I honestly do not think saving people like this works - it just prolongs the time until they hit bottom and become willing to make real, meaningful changes that will work.

I won't. It's a waste of money because they wouldn't learn, handing out money to people with financial issues seldom does, but most importantly, my wife would kick my ass. biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post


Hmm. Right off the highway, protected to the north by a preserve and park, temptingly close to Monterrey, whats the catch?

No idea, I left a message with the agent to call me, just for kicks.


Remember the whole thing about some cars should never be restored? This is one of them. They even have a detailed layout of how it received its battle scars, in its documentation. What work has been done on it has only been sympathetic in nature, just keeping it running properly and driveable. Very neat. cool.gif


post #5690 of 9068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

Very interesting vacation home. Hmm...

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/305-Western-Dr_Santa-Cruz_CA_95060_M22824-08032?row=30

Northern California is too weird - those folks up there "just ain't right"... Stick to SoCal. Warmer weather and better beaches. Try the Northern San Diego County area - I love it down there - Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas. Or, look at Central California - Pismo Beach, Morro Bay, etc. In either place you can either be on the beach, or on a hill with a view of the beach and only a mile away from the sand, or secluded back in a valley that is still only 10 minutes from the beach.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1947-S-Pacific-St_Oceanside_CA_92054_M11976-80423?row=1

I think your wife might like this one - it's a bit on the, shall we say, "eccentric" side...
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1942-S-Pacific-St_Oceanside_CA_92054_M12070-71441?row=10

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/7157-Obelisco-Cir_Carlsbad_CA_92009_M21710-18203?row=10

I think this one might be my favorite, except that it doesn't have a view or any adjoining property - it's a typical SoCal $2M track home... tongue.gif
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/6557-Coneflower-Dr_Carlsbad_CA_92011_M17578-89310?row=17
post #5691 of 9068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post


I won't. It's a waste of money because they wouldn't learn, handing out money to people with financial issues seldom does, but most importantly, my wife would kick my ass. biggrin.gif
No idea, I left a message with the agent to call me, just for kicks.

Remember the whole thing about some cars should never be restored? This is one of them. They even have a detailed layout of how it received its battle scars, in its documentation. What work has been done on it has only been sympathetic in nature, just keeping it running properly and driveable. Very neat. cool.gif



It's more a matter of history than the financial issues itself. If someone who has a lifetime of poor financial management behind them asks, run for the hills. If the person had a good history and made an error or two, consider it. In their case it seems that it's almost genetic bad money management.

 

Really curious on that property. Just seems low for that area and acreage for some reason.

 

Ah THE Testarossa.. Scary money for that and probably worth every penny. Wish Phil Hill had lived to see that.

 

Ferrari, how could you possibly have tried to pass that name on to the 80's abortion you foisted on us?

post #5692 of 9068
post #5693 of 9068
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post


This will be interesting. The White House is obligated to respond after 100,000. Be neat if he was kicked out by an act of congress:)

post #5694 of 9068
The Congress can't even wipe it's nose, kicking Bieber out will need a lot more effort on their behalf.
post #5695 of 9068
Quote:
Originally Posted by gikigill View Post

The Congress can't even wipe it's nose, kicking Bieber out will need a lot more effort on their behalf.

True that. Send in the Marines! :D

post #5696 of 9068
Quote:
Originally Posted by gikigill View Post

The Congress can't even wipe it's nose, kicking Bieber out will need a lot more effort on their behalf.


Well there you are. Well send you down Rob Ford. Fill him up with booze and crack and he'll fix everything.

post #5697 of 9068
Thread Starter 
I love this car, really do. Saw one that Seinfeld was driving on "Comedians with coffee selling Acuras", or whatever that show is, and I've fallen in love with the styling of them. I think I need one. redface.gif



Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

Northern California is too weird - those folks up there "just ain't right"... Stick to SoCal. Warmer weather and better beaches. Try the Northern San Diego County area - I love it down there - Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas. Or, look at Central California - Pismo Beach, Morro Bay, etc. In either place you can either be on the beach, or on a hill with a view of the beach and only a mile away from the sand, or secluded back in a valley that is still only 10 minutes from the beach.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1947-S-Pacific-St_Oceanside_CA_92054_M11976-80423?row=1

I think your wife might like this one - it's a bit on the, shall we say, "eccentric" side...
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1942-S-Pacific-St_Oceanside_CA_92054_M12070-71441?row=10

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/7157-Obelisco-Cir_Carlsbad_CA_92009_M21710-18203?row=10

I think this one might be my favorite, except that it doesn't have a view or any adjoining property - it's a typical SoCal $2M track home... tongue.gif
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/6557-Coneflower-Dr_Carlsbad_CA_92011_M17578-89310?row=17

I liked the other because it's right off US1, almost literally, and only a few miles from Monterey. Those 2 things together are like car Mecca. Also, $400 per sg/ft isn't horrendously bad for a resort-type area, and it's on a little over an acre of land. We aren't beach people, but a temperate climate would be great, especially during times like this (5F here right now and my joints are killing me).
post #5698 of 9068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

I love this car, really do.

 

New collection focus "Car Types Roger Moore Drove".

post #5699 of 9068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

I love this car, really do. Saw one that Seinfeld was driving on "Comedians with coffee selling Acuras", or whatever that show is, and I've fallen in love with the styling of them. I think I need one. redface.gif


I liked the other because it's right off US1, almost literally, and only a few miles from Monterey. Those 2 things together are like car Mecca. Also, $400 per sg/ft isn't horrendously bad for a resort-type area, and it's on a little over an acre of land. We aren't beach people, but a temperate climate would be great, especially during times like this (5F here right now and my joints are killing me).


Ah the Jensen:) 1800. Get a 70 or later with the 4 wheel disks and electric overdrive. North American version is probably the best bet on that unless you really want the RHD for some reason. I bought an ES out of a farmers field years ago. Quite liked the car from when they were new so it was a no brainer when I found it. Surprisingly affordable as well.

 

As for the real estate the proximity to Monterey  and having your flank protected from development by the national park and preserve would lure me (If I had 1.2 meg to throw round). The acerage is a bonus. The HWY access is just an "Oh yeah!:D"  Still think thats cheap, but dont really know real estate in that area thesedays. What are taxes like?

post #5700 of 9068

Unless something's changed in the market since I last looked (~2 years ago), the P1800 still doesn't go for big money like other handsome coupes from the era. Before I bought my Datsun, I entertained thoughts of grabbing one for about $15K.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!