Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! - Page 379

post #5671 of 7166

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-Other-N-THE-WORLD-1964-pontiac-banshee-corvette-prototype-1-0-f-1-/261376434782?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3cdb3fe25e&item=261376434782&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

 

I think the ask is a little high here.

post #5672 of 7166
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post

I forgot that you had even bought that one; we hadn't heard about it in awhile. Do you have any major plans to bring it out to a track now that it's done?

No, no track. It really needs bigger brakes for that and the ones on it wouldn't stand up to the punishment (they're the largest we could fit without seriously modifying the chassis), due to the weight of the thing, it's only 200lbs short of an Aventador. I'm just going to enjoy it as a road car, they're plenty good enough for that. I love it like it is and plan to put quite a few miles on it (only had 190 when we got it). They've been working on the cars from Dubai for a while now, work to a certain point on one then switch to another. Also they work on customer cars in-between, so it takes a while. The Ruf is on the block now, but it's mostly cosmetic and maintenance issues with it, and a S2 upgrade kit.

Especially since the guy was trying to sell it for $400k last year. lol
post #5673 of 7166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post


Only a 6 car garage? That's downright provincial. biggrin.gif

Excuse me sir, but in Santa Barbara one simply does *not* keep your cars in a "barn out back". You keep them here:
http://www.hangarsb.com/car-storage-services/

wink.gif
post #5674 of 7166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post


No, no track. It really needs bigger brakes for that and the ones on it wouldn't stand up to the punishment (they're the largest we could fit without seriously modifying the chassis), due to the weight of the thing, it's only 200lbs short of an Aventador. I'm just going to enjoy it as a road car, they're plenty good enough for that. I love it like it is and plan to put quite a few miles on it (only had 190 when we got it). They've been working on the cars from Dubai for a while now, work to a certain point on one then switch to another. Also they work on customer cars in-between, so it takes a while. The Ruf is on the block now, but it's mostly cosmetic and maintenance issues with it, and a S2 upgrade kit.
Especially since the guy was trying to sell it for $400k last year. lol


Has that thing actually ever been sold? Is this dude just constantly trolling after every auction hoping for some spillover enthusiasm?

post #5675 of 7166
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post


Excuse me sir, but in Santa Barbara one simply does *not* keep your cars in a "barn out back". You keep them here:
http://www.hangarsb.com/car-storage-services/

wink.gif
Quote:
Upon arrival, we perform a detailed analysis of your car to populate our member’s database.

Now something about that just creeps me out. Hell with your hermetically sealed vault, I want to go over your IT security with my own audit tools.

post #5676 of 7166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

Especially since the guy was trying to sell it for $400k last year. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post
 


Has that thing actually ever been sold? Is this dude just constantly trolling after every auction hoping for some spillover enthusiasm?

 

 

That car has been on the market constantly at least since 2008. It's poison. I think the original asking price was over $1 Mil, and the current seller will be lucky if it ever goes for above $300K. I remember seeing it in an issue of Autabuy when I still lived in Wisconsin, and my body has gotten used to permanently thinking that it's cold in Alabama since I last lived there.

post #5677 of 7166
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post
 

 

That car has been on the market constantly at least since 2008. It's poison. I think the original asking price was over $1 Mil, and the current seller will be lucky if it ever goes for above $300K. I remember seeing it in an issue of Autabuy when I still lived in Wisconsin, and my body has gotten used to permanently thinking that it's cold in Alabama since I last lived there.


That thing reminds me of the RR Merlin powered thing that used to be (probably still is for that matter) constantly for sale in the UK. I think over the life of the sales ads the dude has spent more than he could recover from the car. In the case of this thing though GM probably kicked it loose for towing charges because George Barris wouldn't take it.:wink_face:

 

Lucky you, Wisconsin weather seems to have caught up to you in your new locale. We just caught a break it's up to about -10C here now, so warming weather is on the way:D

 

Now back to trying to figure out where the sole (apparently) Saab Sonnet III drophead came from.:confused_face_2:

post #5678 of 7166
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

Excuse me sir, but in Santa Barbara one simply does *not* keep your cars in a "barn out back". You keep them here:
http://www.hangarsb.com/car-storage-services/

wink.gif

If you can't go out to your garage and stare at your cars, in the middle of the night, in your underwear, what's the point in having them. Really? tongue.gif
post #5679 of 7166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post


If you can't go out to your garage and stare at your cars, in the middle of the night, in your underwear, what's the point in having them. Really? tongue.gif


So you can sit around some trendy coffee shop overpaying 25 bucks for some effeminately named designer latte and casually namedrop make/model, and bask in the ensuing adulation of nearby B movie actresses, pre adolescent BritneyMileyBees and other potential entourage fodder?

 

It is the left coast, after all:wink_face:

post #5680 of 7166
Thread Starter 
So much awesomeness. I found out my redneck neighbors, the ones who;

- tried to stop me from building a privacy wall
- attempted to shoot my pets (one of the reasons for the wall)
- pee in my wife's direction when they see her outside (another reason for the wall)
- throw liquor and beer bottles against and over the wall
- rammed the wall repeatedly with their ATV (resulting in a broken ATV, which is still dead next to the wall)
- scream threats and profanity whenever they see either of us drive by...

are being foreclosed on because they're 6 months late on their mortgage. Bouncing for joy emoticon - bouncing-for-joy-smiley-emoticon.gif I'm going to be at that bank auction and buy the place, just so I can have it bulldozed flat, and then plant an orchard on it.
post #5681 of 7166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

So much awesomeness. I found out my redneck neighbors, the ones who;

- tried to stop me from building a privacy wall
- attempted to shoot my pets (one of the reasons for the wall)
- pee in my wife's direction when they see her outside (another reason for the wall)
- throw liquor and beer bottles against and over the wall
- rammed the wall repeatedly with their ATV (resulting in a broken ATV, which is still dead next to the wall)
- scream threats and profanity whenever they see either of us drive by...

are being foreclosed on because they're 6 months late on their mortgage. Bouncing for joy emoticon - bouncing-for-joy-smiley-emoticon.gif I'm going to be at that bank auction and buy the place, just so I can have it bulldozed flat, and then plant an orchard on it.


All good things come to he who waits. Congradulations. Normally I take little pleasure in the misfortune of others, in this case however I shall enjoy the thought that once in a while the universe does balance itself out.

 

Why wait for the auction? Call the bank now and see if they'll do a deal for a quick sale.

post #5682 of 7166
For even more bravery, send them an offer directly ;-)

Stick the knife, then twist it.
post #5683 of 7166
The second California house for 13 million seems a good deal. Attach a neighbouring property and you're all set for anything.
post #5684 of 7166
post #5685 of 7166
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gikigill View Post

For even more bravery, send them an offer directly ;-)

Stick the knife, then twist it.

I found out a lot more today from our spy, my elderly widow neighbor (biggest gossip in the neighborhood). First, they blame me due to the legal battle over the wall, claiming attorney fees bled them dry. However, there are larger issues here, one of them being that their 15 y/o uninsured "beauty pageant-winning" daughter got impregnated by (and received a nasty STD from) a 30-something y/o carnie (as in a transient carnival worker) named José, whom no one can seem to find, now. I somehow doubt he's in the USA legally. Also, the idiot neighbor bought a new truck (now repo'd) for a new job, which he was fired from within a month because he was chronically late to work, I'm sure he probably blames me for that too. AND his worthless 28 y/o son, who still lives with them, was busted for possession of illegally obtained prescription narcotics, with intent to resell. The whole lot of them are the definition of hillbilly white trash.

I called the accounts manager at their bank, and at first he didn't want to give any info, but eventually said they still have "a few days", but after that they're being evicted, they've been in arrears on their mortgage for over a year now and were served with the notice nearly 2 months ago. Ironically, when his "daddy" left him the house it was 100% paid for, and he took out the mortgage to do some "major" improvements and build an addition, but he never finished any of it (leaving it as a neighborhood eyesore) and spent the money on stupid s***, like an expensive cruise to the Caribbean and a $20k Harley, a supposed "investment" that he left out in the rain for a month and practically ruined. He and his wife have been going crazy trying to sell everything they have to keep from losing the family homestead, including dumping that bike for something like $7,000, but it hasn't been enough.

Now, I'm not entirely heartless, I do feel pity despite the fact they've done nothing but abuse us, however they haven't even tried to ask for any help from me... Not saying I would, but if they apologized for everything and worked to make amends, I'd consider it. My wife would kill me though, she's been celebrating ever since finding out. Then there's the issue that within a year they'd be in exactly the same spot. As my grandfather was fond of saying, "ignorance can often be remedied, but you can't fix stupid". rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post

Hey Billy!

You better hop on over and sign this!

http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/arts/the-buzz/2014/01/whitehousegov-petition-urges-justin-biebers-deportation.html

Signed! Kick him out! tongue.gif
Edited by Magick Man - 1/30/14 at 12:40pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!