Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! - Page 374

post #5596 of 9069
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post
 

From that microcar museum tour a few pages back, did anyone else notice the yellow thing in the background that looked like a 90's reinterpretation of an XJ13? Can anyone identify it?

 

 

 

I keep going back to this and still cannot identify it.

Magicks latest foray into Britdom made me think of the awesomely pretty Ginetta G12 but it still doesnt work. But as the Ginetta's were some of the most beautiful cars built I figured I'd post one.

post #5597 of 9069

I've always liked Ginetta, but I must admit I've never been around one in person. I bet the build quality is a bit TVR-like (that is to say, dubious).

post #5598 of 9069
Hey! How about the Biebster getting popped in a Gallardo Spyder rent-a-supercar? Moron.
post #5599 of 9069
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

Hey! How about the Biebster getting popped in a Gallardo Spyder rent-a-supercar? Moron.


Morons can have IQ's up to 70, I think Imbecile is the correct term here.

 

Between him and Rob Ford, Canada has two international PR Black Eyes.

post #5600 of 9069
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post

I've always liked Ginetta, but I must admit I've never been around one in person. I bet the build quality is a bit TVR-like (that is to say, dubious).

I have to admit that I have never heard of a Ginetta. I will leave my bro badge at the door when I leave...
post #5601 of 9069
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post


I have to admit that I have never heard of a Ginetta. I will leave my bro badge at the door when I leave...


Nows your big chance to make up for it. They are apparently back as a Supercar Manufacturer (They used to be prettier)

 

http://www.ginetta.com/g60

post #5602 of 9069
Thread Starter 
Hah! The guy who won the other Subaru 360, the sedan, apparently skipped town and didn't pay for it. Given the way he was acting, I'm not surprised at all (what a s*** nugget), I'm pretty sure he wanted both of them or nothing at all. Anyhow, they offered it to us for our last bid of $10k and we got it. So we've ended up with both of them after all. smily_headphones1.gif I think she overpaid for it (BV is ~$8,000), but whatever, as long as she's happy that's all that matters.

Today I also got to hang out with the GM/Corvette racing and specialty parts guys, and what a cool bunch of dudes. Although I'll probably always be a Ford performance guy it was interesting to see how the other half lives. wink.gif
post #5603 of 9069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

Hah! The guy who won the other Subaru 360, the sedan, apparently skipped town and didn't pay for it. Given the way he was acting, I'm not surprised at all (what a s*** nugget), I'm pretty sure he wanted both of them or nothing at all. Anyhow, they offered it to us for our last bid of $10k and we got it. So we've ended up with both of them after all. smily_headphones1.gif I think she overpaid for it (BV is ~$8,000), but whatever, as long as she's happy that's all that matters.

Today I also got to hang out with the GM/Corvette racing and specialty parts guys, and what a cool bunch of dudes. Although I'll probably always be a Ford performance guy it was interesting to see how the other half lives. wink.gif


Congrats! There's a lesson in there somewhere.

 

I thought you just bought a vette. Should feel right at home with the bowtie crowd.

post #5604 of 9069
Even the Chevy guys are better than those Mopar nuts... tongue.gif
post #5605 of 9069
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

Even the Chevy guys are better than those Mopar nuts... tongue.gif


Yeah well, there still trying to get over the 80's when they tried to pass off an Omni 024 as a Charger:rolleyes:

post #5606 of 9069
Thread Starter 
Not bought a Stingray yet, but I will, I'm waiting for Heffner to finalize their performance kit for testing, because we're going to use it as a test bed.

The Omni GLHS was mad, one of the fastest cars of its era, the Ferrari 328 GTB was only half a sec faster to 60, but I'd say that's more of a testament to how much those years sucked for the automotive industry in general, than anything Chrysler (or even Shelby) did. tongue.gif I still remember all the auto mags raving about it, however. I want to get one at some point, but it's not very high on my list of wants. Heh.
post #5607 of 9069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

Not bought a Stingray yet, but I will, I'm waiting for Heffner to finalize their performance kit for testing, because we're going to use it as a test bed.

The Omni GLHS was mad, one of the fastest cars of its era, the Ferrari 328 GTB was only half a sec faster to 60, but I'd say that's more of a testament to how much those years sucked for the automotive industry in general, than anything Chrysler (or even Shelby) did. tongue.gif I still remember all the auto mags raving about it, however. I want to get one at some point, but it's not very high on my list of wants. Heh.


One of the locals at the time was the first kid on the block to get a goes like hell omni. Yeah it was quick. It also had all the longevity of a Bic lighter. It was gone in a year. Buy an MR2 for heavens sake, a million times the car in build quality.

post #5608 of 9069

There was a guy in town when I lived in Green Bay who had a Shelby Dodge pickup. I've always liked the GLH-S, but I never got the point of that truck.

post #5609 of 9069
How every Dodge owner sees their car...


post #5610 of 9069
Thread Starter 
I've ridden in a tuned GLH (>300hp), but not a GLHS, and it scared the **** out of me. eek.gif When you put your foot down, you'd better have that car pointing in the direction you want to go. Otherwise, you'll be making your explanations to St Peter, with a Dodge steering wheel wrapped around your neck. "Laggy" doesn't begin to describe it.

Things are interesting again, I've learned I have some "hobby" funds available. What great timing!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!