or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! - Page 363

post #5431 of 9247

Confusion with °C and °F, perhaps?

post #5432 of 9247
Quote:
Originally Posted by wink View Post
 

Confusion with °C and °F, perhaps?


Ick bin ein Kanadian:D I work in celsius and i'm old enough to have been brought up with the fahrenheit scale. (worked in Kelvin too but lets not go there.

 

112 F is still near as dammit to 45 degrees and as the song says "The Western Desert lives and breathes at 45 degrees":wink_face:

 

Wait a minute, :eek:I thought you were banned?

post #5433 of 9247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post


Ick bin ein Kanadian biggrin.gif

37 years ago I had two years of high school Deutsch. This tells me that you should have written: Ich bin ein Kanadische. However, *I'm* not a Canadian, so I should really say: Du bist ein Kanadische.

Old Mr. Budnarowski would be so proud... tongue.gif
post #5434 of 9247
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post


37 years ago I had two years of high school Deutsch. This tells me that you should have written: Ich bin ein Kanadische. However, *I'm* not a Canadian, so I should really say: Du bist ein Kanadische.

Old Mr. Budnarowski would be so proud... tongue.gif


Apparently spell check does not extend to Deutsche.:D Kanadier would be the current literal. However as you are using the High German Du, your useage may in fact be more appropriate.

post #5435 of 9247
Quote:
Originally Posted by wink View Post
 

Confusion with °C and °F, perhaps?

I converted it to Fahrenheit especially for our US friends as they were using that scale (unless they enjoy 70 - 80 Celsius with a light sea breeze :blink: ).

post #5436 of 9247
Quote:hutnicks
 However as you are using the High German Du, your useage may in fact be more appropriate.

What do you want?

is that :-

 

was wollen Sie?  or,

was willst du?

 

The first is formal, spoken to a stranger/acquaintance, whilst,

The second is spoken to a family member/close friend.

post #5437 of 9247
Quote:jimmers
 converted it to Fahrenheit especially for our US friends as they were using that scale (unless they enjoy 70 - 80 Celsius with a light sea breeze :blink: ).

Yes, it's hard for some to get a good education these days...

post #5438 of 9247
Quote:
Originally Posted by wink View Post
 

What do you want?

is that :-

 

was wollen Sie?  or,

was willst du?

 

The first is formal, spoken to a stranger/acquaintance, whilst,

The second is spoken to a family member/close friend.


Was du willst.:wink_face:

post #5439 of 9247

Das ist gut......   no, no, not the stomach.......

post #5440 of 9247
Thread Starter 
What does this have to do with cars and/or audio gear? tongue.gif

I suppose you've all seen the info on the 2015 Z06, particularly the power numbers. Sitting down? They're; 620bhp & 650 lb/ft of twist, courtesy of GM's new LT4 supercharged powerplant. That's right past 458 numbers and into MP4-12C territory. They're claiming a 2.7s romp to 60 and 10s in the 1/4, while making over 1.2Gs on the skidpad. All for under $100k. Again... Jaw drop emoticon - jaw-drop-smiley-emoticon.gif

http://jalopnik.com/2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-has-620-horses-650-pound-f-1496255058
Edited by Magick Man - 1/8/14 at 9:42pm
post #5441 of 9247
Quote:Magick man
 I suppose you've all seen the info on the 2015 Z06, particularly the power numbers. Sitting down? They're; 620bhp & 650 lb/ft of twist, courtesy of GM's new LT4 supercharged powerplant. That's right past 458 numbers and into MP4-12C territory. They're claiming a sub-3s romp to 60 and 10s in the 1/4, while making over 1.2Gs on the skidpad. All for under $100k. Again... Jaw drop emoticon - jaw-drop-smiley-emoticon.gif

http://jalopnik.com/2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-has-620-horses-650-pound-f-1496255058

das ist sehr gut...........................................................:basshead:

post #5442 of 9247
I didn't make it much past: "Zwei Bier bitte." At that point, I figured I had learned everything I needed to know.
post #5443 of 9247

So, you missed out on zitterschlage, liederkrantz, und volkswagen...?

post #5444 of 9247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

What does this have to do with cars and/or audio gear? tongue.gif

I suppose you've all seen the info on the 2015 Z06, particularly the power numbers. Sitting down? They're; 620bhp & 650 lb/ft of twist, courtesy of GM's new LT4 supercharged powerplant. That's right past 458 numbers and into MP4-12C territory. They're claiming a 2.7s romp to 60 and 10s in the 1/4, while making over 1.2Gs on the skidpad. All for under $100k. Again... Jaw drop emoticon - jaw-drop-smiley-emoticon.gif

http://jalopnik.com/2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-has-620-horses-650-pound-f-1496255058

Holy poop, am I seeing that right. It actually has a 7 speed standard tranny. No Paddles???? Wonder if it's a Paxton or Roots type SC.

 

The again, it's no Z28.......:wink_face:

post #5445 of 9247
Thread Starter 
Bleh! tongue.gif Stupid Z28... I'm going by and getting the ZL1 tomorrow, and for 48k OtD. It's stripped to the bone, or at least it is compared to other modern cars. No Nav, stereo, or any optional equipment of any kind, not even factory floor mats (I'll throw some black rubber ones from Autozone in there). We'll see what we can get out of it with software.


As if by a miracle, someone claimed the chipmunk/chihuahua hybrid my wife found, we put up flyers at the local vet and animal shelter. My wife may be disappointed, but I can't say I'm sorry to see it go, it wasn't housebroken, or even paper trained, so the thing pooped and peed everywhere. I can't stand when a dog will simply let go of its bladder every time you reach down to pet it. Little vermin. rolleyes.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!