Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! - Page 32

post #466 of 7483
Yeah - the Edsel would be an example - although, I would probably use an example like the '64.5 Mustang Convertible w/ 4V 289 & Pony seats. It wasn't a failed car, but it also wasn't a planned rarity - it just turned out that way. Another example might be the 1970 Dodge Coronet R/T with a 426 ci Hemi. Perhaps a better description might be "unplanned rarity".
post #467 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Yes, but for comedic purposes it would not need to be functional.  It would only need to look the part from the inside AFTER guests have been seated.  Also, if something could be put inside the coffin that makes a slight rustling noise (or makes the sound of a child faintly singing) that would be great.  Magick could activate it from his phone via Bluetooth or something.

The cargo hold is in no way that deep - you'd only fit people in the front row. Combination "hearse-limos" are *massive* vehicles (and they generally look pretty ugly too).

Here's an example:

Edited by obobskivich - 9/26/12 at 9:47pm
post #468 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post


The cargo hold is in no way that deep - you'd only fit people in the front row. Combination "hearse-limos" are *massive* vehicles (and they generally look pretty ugly too).
Here's an example:

 

Hearseoline ;).

post #469 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post

The cargo hold is in no way that deep - you'd only fit people in the front row. Combination "hearse-limos" are *massive* vehicles (and they generally look pretty ugly too).
Here's an example:

 

Wait, you're saying a child's coffin (think toddler sized) wouldn't fit longitudinally in the back?

post #470 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Wait, you're saying a child's coffin (think toddler sized) wouldn't fit longitudinally in the back?

You would never stow a casket or coffin sideways - even a smaller casket could be 4-5' long (standard is 7' and with recent uh...how should we say...advances...in the size of Americans, they're getting wider and longer). Without the "hearsoline" (lol) I don't see you having two rows of seats. Of course some of the combination cars have jump seats, but it's not like you can ride those with a casket (well, with your child casket it'd work).

But yeah you could build a coffin for sure and do it with like 2/3rd of the seat folded down - put your patsy in the "hot seat" next to it. biggrin.gif
Edited by obobskivich - 9/26/12 at 10:22pm
post #471 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post

even a smaller casket could be 4-5' long

 

Seems like this would fit behind the rear seats to me.  wink.gif

 

post #472 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Seems like this would fit behind the rear seats to me.  wink.gif


That's incredibly small though. I was thinking like a casket for a 10 year old or thereabouts. redface.gif That's probably for an infant. Still, putting it in sideways would be...nonstandard. But yeah you could load that into whatever wagon. Might fly around (they lock into real hearses - it isn't just "in there" like when you go to the grocery store), but yeah that'd work perfectly. I still like the idea of building one that has half the seat folded and letting someone hop in and see it. I mean that little thing, you'd have to explicitly look over the backseat to see it. But yeah I see your vision now. cool.gif

Also, what is that image from? The lighting is weird, to say the least.
post #473 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post

That's incredibly small though. I was thinking like a casket for a 10 year old or thereabouts. redface.gif That's probably for an infant. Still, putting it in sideways would be...nonstandard. But yeah you could load that into whatever wagon. Might fly around (they lock into real hearses - it isn't just "in there" like when you go to the grocery store), but yeah that'd work perfectly. I still like the idea of building one that has half the seat folded and letting someone hop in and see it. I mean that little thing, you'd have to explicitly look over the backseat to see it.

 

Ohhh... no, it'd have to be small.  If it was years old, then people would ask Magick "I saw you five years, ago you never mentioned this ****!".  Well we could build a caddy for it, complete with pictures in frames and little blankets with a fake name on it.  People that ride in the back are gonna see it, especially if we put in a some kind of noise maker.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post

But yeah I see your vision now. cool.gif
Also, what is that image from? The lighting is weird, to say the least.

 

It's all for the creep factor so that Magick and his wife can have a good laugh.  LOL, I have no idea where that's from.  I just randomly pull images off of Google image searches.

 

BTW, I seem to have 1,499 posts all of a sudden.

post #474 of 7483

Bust out the champagne and caviar for your Headphoneus Supremus inauguration. beerchug.gif
 

post #475 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Ohhh... no, it'd have to be small.  If it was years old, then people would ask Magick "I saw you five years, ago you never mentioned this ****!".  Well we could build a caddy for it, complete with pictures in frames and little blankets with a fake name on it.  People that ride in the back are gonna see it, especially if we put in a some kind of noise maker.

lol noise maker. I'm imagining the "boot stomper" from Mythbusters. Watch people freak out. And hell, lets throw some lights and smoke effects in there too - I mean if they aren't having a heart attack it isn't a joke, right? tongue_smile.gif

Found the picture of the PT cruiser "hearse":



Quote:
It's all for the creep factor so that Magick and his wife can have a good laugh.  LOL, I have no idea where that's from.  I just randomly pull images off of Google image searches.

BTW, I seem to have 1,499 posts all of a sudden.

lol.
post #476 of 7483

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
Bust out the champagne and caviar for your Headphoneus Supremus inauguration. beerchug.gif

 

Thank you good sir!  Couldn't have done it without y'all! 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post

lol noise maker. I'm imagining the "boot stomper" from Mythbusters. Watch people freak out.

 

Wait, I just realized that we can go totally low tech.  Throw a soccer ball in there, so it sounds like the body is just being thrown about with every turn!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post

I mean if they aren't having a heart attack it isn't a joke, right? tongue_smile.gif

 

Yes, that!  Of course, the humans are the lynchpin here.  Magick and his wife need to have a rock solid dead pan going...  no giggles or spontaneous crack-ups!

post #477 of 7483
I think it would be more effective if the casket hung out the back a bit...


post #478 of 7483
All of this talk of coffins has me remembering one of the greatest shows on TV for custom cars:



post #479 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

I think it would be more effective if the casket hung out the back a bit...

 

Aww, but then there'd be drag... not to mention a draft.

post #480 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

All of this talk of coffins has me remembering one of the greatest shows on TV for custom cars:

 

I like that top one.  The gold gives it class!  LOL  biggrin.gif

 

Come to think of it, why isn't there some kind of contest to see who can build the best car out of a coffin?  It would be like a pinewood derby for adults...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!