or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! - Page 307

post #4591 of 9498
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

Go Big or Go Home...

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_591&products_id=28664

You guys get out of hand at a scary rate, you know that? rolleyes.gif





Speaking of, tonight she told me that she went through a 2500rd bottle of ammo already... 2500. That means there's 2500 plastic BBs all over the flower garden. As is typical with her, the cure is worse than the illness. *sigh*
Edited by Magick Man - 10/3/13 at 5:44pm
post #4592 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post

Just a little pricey and somewhat cumbersome.

The MG 42 is a much more elegant solution with about a 80 year pedigree to back it up.

Not for Jesse Ventura...

post #4593 of 9498
So - does she have an electric rifle?
post #4594 of 9498
Thread Starter 
Yeah, it uses rechargeable battery packs. It's this one, a Kirenex CQB:


post #4595 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post


Not for Jesse Ventura...

 

 

Yeah Hollywood.

 

A bunch of Scout pilots in Vietnam were bored out of their skulls one day and decided to rig one up on a 1/4 ton bed to deal with nightly incursions by not so friendlies. First burst flipped the truck over. 

post #4596 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

Yeah, it uses rechargeable battery packs. It's this one, a Kirenex CQB:


 

 

Hot damn the woman has decent taste. hook her up with a holosight and away you go.

post #4597 of 9498
Hey y'all, Cruisin' the Coast starts this weekend in Gulfport MS. 5000+ antique autos converge on the MS Gulf Coast for a week. Anybody here know of it or go? http://www.cruisinthecoast.com/

John
post #4598 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post


Yeah Hollywood.

A bunch of Scout pilots in Vietnam were bored out of their skulls one day and decided to rig one up on a 1/4 ton bed to deal with nightly incursions by not so friendlies. First burst flipped the truck over. 

Well, to be honest, I would rather be in an A-10 with a GAU-8...

post #4599 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post


Well, to be honest, I would rather be in an A-10 with a GAU-8...

 

 

Little bit of overkill for squirrels though. Man that thing bleeds off speed when it's firing. No wonder they govern the bursts against stall speed.

 

Just as a point of interest when the original Vulcan was being developed along with KJ's F104 they had a malfunction with caused the pilot a bit of grief. As it turned out one of the cases had mis ejected and tore through the front bulkhead in the gear bay. Those things are dangerous on both ends.

post #4600 of 9498
Depends on the size of the squirrel...



But yeah, but the Starfighter was a very cool plane - as long as you kept it out of a spin, or away from an XB-70. tongue.gif
post #4601 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post


You guys get out of hand at a scary rate, you know that? rolleyes.gif





Speaking of, tonight she told me that she went through a 2500rd bottle of ammo already... 2500. That means there's 2500 plastic BBs all over the flower garden. As is typical with her, the cure is worse than the illness. *sigh*

 

I hope you have an understanding gardener.....lol. 

post #4602 of 9498
My wife caught me looking at an airsoft online catalog, and she wanted to know why I was shopping for a gun. She thought I was planning to go postal. rolleyes.gif
post #4603 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

My wife caught me looking at an airsoft online catalog, and she wanted to know why I was shopping for a gun. She thought I was planning to go postal. rolleyes.gif

 

So, for a brief moment, did you consider going on an animated rant? :biggrin: 

post #4604 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

Depends on the size of the squirrel...



But yeah, but the Starfighter was a very cool plane - as long as you kept it out of a spin, or away from an XB-70. tongue.gif

KEEP everything away from the Valkyrie, that was the cursed aviation equivalent of the Tirpitz.

The 104 was a truly magnificent aircraft. There was good reason we kept flying them as long as we did. The bad rep came from mishandling of the aircraft and the Germans godawful track record with it.. The whole Yeager thing has been misrepresented over the years. That was an NF104 with the rocket booster and RCS system. It was so bleeding edge it was bound to have issues. Yeager basically ran out of air to supply the beast and the rocket detonated on him. Not a 104 issue but the "custom shop" who built it.

Anyhow you just have to love an aircraft that comes with leading edge protectors so dumbass ground crew dont cut themselves .:D

post #4605 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post


Well, to be honest, I would rather be in an A-10 with a GAU-8...

 

I love that thing. A couple selections from my "War Planes" wallpaper folder.....

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!