or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! - Page 288

post #4306 of 9498

Enough of  million horsepower road cars allready:D

 

 

What I need to know is what the  hell is a Fiskar? Last I knew they made Gerber knives, yet lo and behold I come strolling out of the bank today to be met with the sight of a 4 door swoopmobile plugged in to one of the charging posts. Arguably the prettiest treatment of 4  door swoopiness around I go over to have a look and see the Fiskar label underscored with the unlikely and to god know who, appropriate name Karma. Is this thing for real? Does it actually have the electric guts to back up the looks?

 

I eagerly await elucidation on this beast.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey Veyron I'm serious if you want to get rid of that I9000 cheap:)

post #4307 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post
 

Enough of  million horsepower road cars allready:D

 

 

What I need to know is what the  hell is a Fiskar? Last I knew they made Gerber knives, yet lo and behold I come strolling out of the bank today to be met with the sight of a 4 door swoopmobile plugged in to one of the charging posts. Arguably the prettiest treatment of 4  door swoopiness around I go over to have a look and see the Fiskar label underscored with the unlikely and to god know who, appropriate name Karma. Is this thing for real? Does it actually have the electric guts to back up the looks?

 

I eagerly await elucidation on this beast.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey Veyron I'm serious if you want to get rid of that I9000 cheap:)

post #4308 of 9498
Thread Starter 
Fisker = RIP frown.gif They went bankrupt.

It does look a lot like an Aston Martin Rapide, only a little more feminine.


Edited by Magick Man - 9/5/13 at 5:30pm
post #4309 of 9498
Yup, Fiskar is a pretty sad story. The Wikipedia article reads like a CBS afternoon special...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisker_Automotive#Investors

When your car is sitting in 6-8 feet of sea water AND THEN catches on fire, you know you're having a bad day...
post #4310 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

Yup, Fiskar is a pretty sad story. The Wikipedia article reads like a CBS afternoon special...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisker_Automotive#Investors

When your car is sitting in 6-8 feet of sea water AND THEN catches on fire, you know you're having a bad day...

Aha. That would explain the First Responders Hot Link prominently displayed on their Webpage.

 

Doesn't mention Bankrupt anywhere though.

post #4311 of 9498

Henrik Fisker left his own company because he didn't like the way it was headed, and then they went down the tubes. It's too bad; I liked the Fisker a lot better than the Model S.

post #4312 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post
 

Henrik Fisker left his own company because he didn't like the way it was headed, and then they went down the tubes. It's too bad; I liked the Fisker a lot better than the Model S.

 

Just read the wiki. It mentions Henrik preparing for a bankruptcy in late March when he left at the begining. Is that a personal bankruptcy then.

 

 

 

 

Spurious stat

 

Abyss forum started 6/5/13 654 posts   Alpha Dog Thread started 3 weeks 6 days ago  1209

 

Renews my faith in the head fi community somehow.:D

post #4313 of 9498
post #4314 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

I miss obob - he would have loved this: http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=DA0913-165550&entryRow=1125&lottype=&startRow=1121

No point in going halfway here. You will of course be immediately enamoured of it's fine British sport car origins and enthralled with it's Jaguar powerplant. With a top end of 50 to 60 Mph highway cruising becomes a reality.

 

Oh, and if your neighbour's are prone to using small arms on your pets, well lets just say you can "push back" with authority.

 

http://www.tanksforsale.co.uk/CVRT%20Sabre%20Tanks%20for%20sale/pages/Ex%20Army%20CVRT%20tanks%20for%20sale%20%281%29.html

post #4315 of 9498
In my aerospace days, I worked on FAR too many programs that were specifically made to kill tanks. In my book, tanks are not weapons - they are targets...
post #4316 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

In my aerospace days, I worked on FAR too many programs that were specifically made to kill tanks. In my book, tanks are not weapons - they are targets...

 

Yes, if the annoying neighbor gets a tank, you push back and buy one of these.....:D

 

post #4317 of 9498

The guy who did a claimed record "lap" of Manhattan is in custody. Link

post #4318 of 9498
The A10 is an amazing aircraft - proof that the "best" is a relative term that entirely depends on the requirements. The A10 is the right tool for the job.

There is an almost endless number of weapons specifically designed to kill armored vehicles. These all came out of the "Fulda Gap" scenario where masses of Soviet tanks were going to pour through the Fulda Gap into Europe. The West was going to be hugely outnumbered, so tank vs tank would never be close to 1-on-1. Each Western weapon had to be capable of killing numerous Soviet tanks.

In addition to the A10, one of my favorites that came at the end of the Cold War was the "Brilliant Anti Tank" (BAT) submunition. It could be fitted into cruise missiles and other platforms - the Tomahawk or ATACMS could carry over a dozen BAT vehicles. It has acoustic & IR sensors, and a shape charge warhead. The cruise missile spews them out at a high altitude, then each BAT autonomously finds a target, locks-on and kills it. Almost impossible to defeat, and deadly accurate. (When it works - testing was a mixed bag) BAT was deployed, but I don't know if it was ever actually used - it was delivered after the Iraq turkey shoot, so I think it missed it's time to shine.

So, picture this: You and your buddies are sitting in your bad-@ss main battle tank, surrounded by 100 other bad-@ss main battle tanks. You are the meanest mofo in the valley! Meanwhile, hundreds of miles away, a couple of Navy destroyers each fire 6 Tomahawk cruise missiles. An hour later, you and all 100 of your bad-@ss mofo friends explode - each of you blown to he11 by this:




Trust me - the LAST place you want to be when the bullets start flying is inside a tank!
post #4319 of 9498
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

lol - here's another eye-blistering white whale to go with your Countach (I think the white one is the Countach, right?)
http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=DA0913-165052&entryRow=584&lottype=&startRow=581


Got it (the Lotus). Don't look! Guess what it went for, I'm still a little surprised. smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by Magick Man - 9/6/13 at 11:35am
post #4320 of 9498
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post

The guy who did a claimed record "lap" of Manhattan is in custody. Link

Good, I hope they suspended his license for life and threw him under the jail, people like that shouldn't be on the roads. mad.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!