or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! - Page 287

post #4291 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyrongatti View Post
 

Huh better charge up my old I9000 and give it a whirl ^^

Or let me know if you want to sell it!

 

 

Viper will work on just about any android device and man, it is a must have app.


Edited by Hutnicks - 9/4/13 at 5:22pm
post #4292 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post
 

Well, it was more of an off-time hobby than a project. I lost the files on my computer in an OS change, so I'll have to see if I can get some from the person I gave it to.

 

But yeah, a bit of foam and some drilled holes really made those drivers sing!

Tomato/tomahto.. I'd call an off-time hobby a project. :)

 

Oh, don't go great lengths to get pictures of it - it's not that important. I'm just happy to know that the drivers came to good use (they didn't here).

post #4293 of 9498
Thread Starter 
Is it horribly immoral for me to buy a perfectly good AMG SL65 roadster just to harvest the engine and some of the electronics? redface.gif
post #4294 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

Is it horribly immoral for me to buy a perfectly good AMG SL65 roadster just to harvest the engine and some of the electronics? redface.gif

I'm intrigued by what you have planned for said engine and electronics......

post #4295 of 9498
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

I'm intrigued by what you have planned for said engine and electronics......

Well, it involves most of a Pantera, an AMX/2 body kit, and the AMG TT V12 from that SL65 (mated to a Tremec 6-spd transaxle). That AMG engine is actually lighter than a Ford V8.
post #4296 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post


Well, it involves most of a Pantera, an AMX/2 body kit, and the AMG TT V12 from that SL65 (mated to a Tremec 6-spd transaxle). That AMG engine is actually lighter than a Ford V8.

I'd say by all means go for it! 

post #4297 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

Is it horribly immoral for me to buy a perfectly good AMG SL65 roadster just to harvest the engine and some of the electronics? redface.gif

How old is it? 

post #4298 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post


Well, it involves most of a Pantera, an AMX/2 body kit, and the AMG TT V12 from that SL65 (mated to a Tremec 6-spd transaxle). That AMG engine is actually lighter than a Ford V8.

After hearing that, DO IT.

 

It wouldn't hurt if you gave a little present in the form of most of an SL65 to me. I'll fit a diesel Golf engine in it and take it to shows to cause confusion and anger.

post #4299 of 9498
Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a non-AMG Mercedes with the right block and do your own thing to the motor? My bet is that you're going to end-up tearing the motor down anyway...
post #4300 of 9498
Wow - seems like some of the early lots went fairly cheap.

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=DA0913-164471&entryRow=53&lottype=&startRow=41
http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=DA0913-164604&entryRow=172&lottype=&startRow=161
http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=DA0913-169959&entryRow=191&lottype=&startRow=181
http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=DA0913-169968&entryRow=201&lottype=&startRow=201

This seems to be a "working man's" auction - a lot less show cars than Monterey!

These are very pretty...
http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=DA0913-164718&entryRow=272&lottype=&startRow=261
http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=DA0913-164923&entryRow=473&lottype=&startRow=461

Too bad this one's a garage queen - I don't think it would be fun to buy an old Jag that had been sitting for years.
http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=DA0913-164933&entryRow=483&lottype=&startRow=481
post #4301 of 9498
lol - here's another eye-blistering white whale to go with your Countach (I think the white one is the Countach, right?)
http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=DA0913-165052&entryRow=584&lottype=&startRow=581

Oooh, one for the 911 fans - I lusted after one of these when I was in high school
http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=DA0913-171033&entryRow=644&lottype=&startRow=641
Edited by billybob_jcv - 9/5/13 at 7:35am
post #4302 of 9498
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

lol - here's another eye-blistering white whale to go with your Countach (I think the white one is the Countach, right?)
http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=DA0913-165052&entryRow=584&lottype=&startRow=581

Oooh, one for the 911 fans - I lusted after one of these when I was in high school
http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=DA0913-171033&entryRow=644&lottype=&startRow=641


Yep, yep, that Esprit is on my list for tomorrow. smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post

After hearing that, DO IT.

It wouldn't hurt if you gave a little present in the form of most of an SL65 to me. I'll fit a diesel Golf engine in it and take it to shows to cause confusion and anger.

The Merc dealer in town will give me $18k for the rest, sans; engine, harnesses, instrument cluster, infotainment system, and computers, but I'll sell it to you if you want it for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a non-AMG Mercedes with the right block and do your own thing to the motor? My bet is that you're going to end-up tearing the motor down anyway...

Actually, I worked it out, and the part cost would be higher to do that, since the one in the SL65 is rated at almost 700bhp with a reflash (it's nearly identical to the engine in the Pagani Huayra, just different heads).
Edited by Magick Man - 9/5/13 at 8:07am
post #4303 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post


Well, it involves most of a Pantera, an AMX/2 body kit, and the AMG TT V12 from that SL65 (mated to a Tremec 6-spd transaxle). That AMG engine is actually lighter than a Ford V8.

 

Dayum! That's going to be extremely interesting. Though if you could do something to improve the sound of the V12 AMG unit (the AMG V8s are much better sounding IMO) it's going to be even more brilliant!

 

BTW, when is power too much power? Probably this AWD 2280HP Saleen S7.

Enough power and torque to start spinning a dead planet and look at the size of those turbos!

post #4304 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

The Merc dealer in town will give me $18k for the rest, sans; engine, harnesses, instrument cluster, infotainment system, and computers, but I'll sell it to you if you want it for that.

I'll pass; I have no actual use for it.

post #4305 of 9498
2300 HP is going to chew through clutches, transmissions, transaxles and every other spinning part it is attached to like a hot knife through butter. Of course, even if that doesn't happen, the massive boost is probably going to blow the heads into orbit and/or melt the valves into puddles of slag... (OK, those last comments might be a *bit* of an exaggeration) wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!