Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! - Page 26

post #376 of 7041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

My wife is going, "OMG, the car will be here tomorrow". She's as excited as a little kid and it's really cute.

 

LOL, giddy girl!

post #377 of 7041

Rolls.  Unboxing.  Vid.

post #378 of 7041
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Rolls.  Unboxing.  Vid.

"Hey guys, HiFiGuy 528 here with my trusty razor blade and camera, today we're going to be unboxing a genuine 1978 Rolls Royce Corniche - this is a nice, full-size luxury convertible produced by Rolls Royce in the 1970s - I don't support fakes so perhaps this video will let you see what a real one should look like; I don't know what the street price of this car is, but my car guy hooked it up at a good price, so let's get to it..."

I can see it now.
post #379 of 7041
Thread Starter 
Video? No way. You're all mental. lol
post #380 of 7041
Did you see the Top Gear episode where they had a lab test the interior of a used BMW & Mercedes and they found fecal matter, semen & glitter? Imagine what could be in a Rolls... tongue.gif
post #381 of 7041
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

Did you see the Top Gear episode where they had a lab test the interior of a used BMW & Mercedes and they found fecal matter, semen & glitter? Imagine what could be in a Rolls... tongue.gif


cigar ash, wine stains, semen and overpriced fragrences wink.gif

post #382 of 7041
Thread Starter 
The vaginal tissue was odd... I think they found cocaine, pot, and rhinestones in it too. Sounds like it had belonged to a Spearmint Rhino manager. biggrin.gif

The Rolls was used as a limo for part of its life, I suspect, so there's no telling what happened in it. I'll say one thing, though, if I play my cards right, some type of material could be in it by the end of this evening. wink.gif Tomorrow or Monday we'll drop it off at the Rolls shop for a refurbishment and detailing. If there's anything in it now, there won't be when those boys get done.
post #383 of 7041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

The vaginal tissue was odd... I think they found cocaine, pot, and rhinestones in it too. Sounds like it had belonged to a Spearmint Rhino manager. biggrin.gif
The Rolls was used as a limo for part of its life, I suspect, so there's no telling what happened in it. I'll say one thing, though, if I play my cards right, some type of material could be in it by the end of this evening. wink.gif Tomorrow or Monday we'll drop it off at the Rolls shop for a refurbishment and detailing. If there's anything in it now, there won't be when those boys get done.

Video or it didn't happen...

And I'm not talking about the unloading of the Rolls!
Edited by billybob_jcv - 9/21/12 at 1:40pm
post #384 of 7041
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

My wife also hates minivans and wagons - but that doesn't mean she wants me to have a corvette...

 

Oh but she probably wouldn't mind a Corvette...  Oops, I didn't just say something sexist did I?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

Whoever told the woman that sits right outside my office she could sing did the rest of the world a HUGE disservice. IEMs + Pandora to the rescue!

 

Call the cops.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

Now, if the stock options I'm getting in lieu of a better salary actually pay off someday (unlike the last 4 companies I worked for!) then we'll be back in good shape...

 

Fingers crossed.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post

Does anyone else think the purrin-as-pirate images look sort of like Maddox?

 

I might.  Who's Maddox?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post

"Hey guys, HiFiGuy 528 here with my trusty razor blade and camera, today we're going to be unboxing a genuine 1978 Rolls Royce Corniche - this is a nice, full-size luxury convertible produced by Rolls Royce in the 1970s - I don't support fakes so perhaps this video will let you see what a real one should look like; I don't know what the street price of this car is, but my car guy hooked it up at a good price, so let's get to it..."
I can see it now.

 

Yup.

 

"The car seems to be wrapped in some kind of tarp.  Let's see if we can get it open - oh look at that, twisty ties.  Boy, they just love twisty ties.  Hmm, it there anything here in the glove compartment?  Right some kind of instruction manual ::tosses them to side::  Well there's no aux jack so these weren't made for iDevices..."

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

I'll say one thing, though, if I play my cards right, some type of material could be in it by the end of this evening. wink.gif

 

I knew you were gonna say that!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

Video or it didn't happen...

And I'm not talking about the unloading of the Rolls!

 

Something tells me you're not talking about the refurbishment and detailing either.

post #385 of 7041

.


Edited by bizkit - 2/19/13 at 4:21am
post #386 of 7041
Wow - what kind of work do you do that has you driving a McLaren?
post #387 of 7041

.


Edited by bizkit - 2/19/13 at 4:19am
post #388 of 7041
Thread Starter 
We went and got the Corniche last night, met the driver at Kroger. Talk about a jerk, I still have no idea what his problem was. He and his partner climbed out of the truck and the guy immediately wants me to sign the paperwork before the car is unloaded. I declined and politely asked to see the car first. They got it out, the one guy cussing and acting all upset, then when it was unloaded I looked it over. It was fine, clean even. So, I asked for the keys, but he told me I couldn't have them until I signed the papers. I was tired of dealing with him, so I did, then I started the car and popped the hood, checking it out, and the driver was still there. The guy then cleared his throat and holds his hand out. Unbelievable, he's expecting a tip after being such a $###. So I pull some money out of my pocket and walk past him, and hand it to the other guy, and I tell him, "it's up to you if you want to share with him, I'm sorry you have to work with someone like that". The main guy acted like he was going to threaten me, he was red-faced and tried to seem menacing by clenching his fists, when my wife said, "If you start something I will shoot your ***". At that he said some nasty things about our ancestry and mating habits and gave us a dirty look, but he did quickly get back in the truck and drive off. Heh.

At any rate, the car is cool. We took turns driving it around town and just had fun in it, it drives like a big, heavy cloud. smily_headphones1.gif The interior does need work, the upholstery is a little more rough than I'd thought, but I knew it would have to be fixed anyway. The Mrs really likes it, and it sure does attract attention.
post #389 of 7041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

The main guy acted like he was going to threaten me, he was red-faced and tried to seem menacing by clenching his fists, when my wife said, "If you start something I will shoot your ***".

 

What does she carry?  I'm gonna guess something compact like a 9000S...

post #390 of 7041
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

What does she carry?  I'm gonna guess something compact like a 9000S...

A beretta? Pffft - I'm picturing something more like this...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!