or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! - Page 197

post #2941 of 9498
Thread Starter 
It's a V-Spec II, but it's been upgraded well beyond that. At full boost they claim it makes 720bhp, I've not yet seen the complete build sheets so I don't know for sure. What I was mainly pointing out is that it's LHD.
post #2942 of 9498
Thread Starter 
It costs $78k to FedEx a car across the country, next day delivery by 10am. Really. Also, you get a discount for more than 3 vehicles, or if you're a professional athlete. blink.gif I think I'll just go with an enclosed truck.
post #2943 of 9498
Airmail I suppose?
post #2944 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by gikigill View Post

Airmail I suppose?

Interdimensional doorway. tongue.gif
post #2945 of 9498
Maybe Dr Manhattan delivers them personally.
post #2946 of 9498
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gikigill View Post

Airmail I suppose?

Of course. Well, unless they're driving the car itself, it should be able to cover 4100km in 16 hours. Provided there are no cops, traffic jams, or any road construction. wink.gif
post #2947 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

It's a V-Spec II, but it's been upgraded well beyond that. At full boost they claim it makes 720bhp, I've not yet seen the complete build sheets so I don't know for sure. What I was mainly pointing out is that it's LHD.

R34s can output 1000 without a sweat wink.gif

post #2948 of 9498
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

Interdimensional doorway. tongue.gif

Wouldn't that be cool? I'm working on it. wink.gif


Anyhow, after a lot of crap, and a huge bundle of red tape, we wrapped up the F1 deal. Two guys in a truck, a semi with a special carrier, will be hauling it to me (yeah, I am a little nervous about that). They're supposed to call me before they head out, and they only stop for refueling.


1000hp is a lot, for any car, much less a car as light as a Skyline. I imagine its current tune is about as much as it could ever need, and the rest just gets wasted on wheel spin and lost rubber.
Edited by Magick Man - 5/8/13 at 11:25pm
post #2949 of 9498
Quote:biilybobgetsitwrong
WTH does that mean? FYI - Magick has two life-threatening illnesses that will significantly shorten his lifespan, so a comment like that is really not funny. blink.gif

In context, I was referring to the dead terrorist.

achmedisdead and will stay that way.


Edited by wink - 5/9/13 at 12:56am
post #2950 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post


1000hp is a lot, for any car, much less a car as light as a Skyline. I imagine its current tune is about as much as it could ever need, and the rest just gets wasted on wheel spin and lost rubber.

Actually seeing the Youtube Vehicles the AWD system manages the power really well. However the ultimate GTR (aka the Mines) only outputted around the same as yours. Speaking of Mine's planning to use any Mine parts on it? 

post #2951 of 9498
Queue the Austin Powers "laser" jokes - but this is freakin' cool!

post #2952 of 9498
Thread Starter 
LOL! biggrin.gif Cool system. Did you see that bird fall? Yikes.

So, some of you complain about buying cars that have been wrecked? Well, that McLaren has been wrecked at least 20 times, and been on fire twice (once almost burning down to the frame). Yes, it does have a fire suppression system, extinguishers, and battery disconnect. Also it's virtually brand new, with the last rebuild, so no aging electricals that can cause problems. I was thinking, I can drive it all I want, because their production was so limited that it really doesn't matter how many miles are on them, as long as they're maintained, and right now the odo says 248 mi. Oh, and I was wrong, it does have central locking and an alarm system, I misunderstood the guy, also the ducting is in place for AC, it just needs a compressor (that'll be a joy to find). I'm itching to run it head-to-head against the F40 and GT.



Edited by Magick Man - 5/9/13 at 11:42pm
post #2953 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

LOL! biggrin.gif Cool system. Did you see that bird fall? Yikes.

So, some of you complain about buying cars that have been wrecked? Well, that McLaren has been wrecked at least 20 times, and been on fire twice (once almost burning down to the frame). Yes, it does have a fire suppression system, extinguishers, and battery disconnect. Also it's virtually brand new, with the last rebuild, so no aging electricals that can cause problems. I was thinking, I can drive it all I want, because their production was so limited that it really doesn't matter how many miles are on them, as long as they're maintained, and right now the odo says 248 mi. Oh, and I was wrong, it does have central locking and an alarm system, I misunderstood the guy, also the ducting is in place for AC, it just needs a compressor (that'll be a joy to find). I'm itching to run it head-to-head against the F40 and GT.


Do it and take a photo of the 3 cars side by side. I need a new wallpaper tongue.gif

post #2954 of 9498
On my drive home last night I passed a flatbed truck with a fairly new Ferrari on it. I went by rather quickly, but I think it might have been a 599 GTO. I couldn't swear to it - but it was long and low and it didn't have a big tail on it like the F40 or F50. It didn't seem to be a track car, so I doubt it was a 599XX. What immediately struck me was that it wasn't in a covered truck. That just seems insanely stupid. It was (of course) a gorgeous Italian Racing Red.
post #2955 of 9498
Thread Starter 
Probably a 599GTB, GTOs are very rare. Still very pretty cars.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!