Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! - Page 184

post #2746 of 7053
Thread Starter 
Went to the big rod run this evening. >50k classic cars and hotrods in one town, really incredible. I took the `62 Grand Prix, which was uncommon, and seemed to be pretty popular. It's a lot of fun to kick back with a bunch of other car guys and talk about vehicles, we'll probably go back tomorrow with Eleanor.
post #2747 of 7053

I'm watching Eric Bana's movie about himself and his car, called "Love The Beast", on Amazon Prime Instant....it's quite good! 

post #2748 of 7053
Thread Starter 
Great flick! He's a really good rally driver, surprisingly enough. I'd like to meet him, but I've been so disillusioned by celebs in the past. Jay Kay, for all of his comfortable, laid back vibe, was a complete toolbag, as was Russell Crowe (not too surprising, there).
post #2749 of 7053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

as was Russell Crowe (not too surprising, there).

 

But were you not entertained?!

post #2750 of 7053
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

But were you not entertained?!

Nope. I was with a cancer patient and she just wanted to meet him, get an autograph, that kind of thing, and he told us to "piss off". I called him a particularly foul 4-letter word and gave him the finger, then wheeled her back to the car.
post #2751 of 7053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post


Nope. I was with a cancer patient and she just wanted to meet him, get an autograph, that kind of thing, and he told us to "piss off". I called him a particularly foul 4-letter word and gave him the finger, then wheeled her back to the car.

 

Wow, what a jerk

post #2752 of 7053
Russell Crowe is a well-known doushe (why is a female hygiene product a censored word?)



Want to see what Hyundai engineers do for fun?
http://www.suasnews.com/2013/04/22397/hyundais-flying-car-manned-hexadecagon/
Edited by billybob_jcv - 4/21/13 at 8:16am
post #2753 of 7053
Thread Starter 
I just bought a pair of vintage Dunhill and Stanwell pipes, c1930s, for $55 off ebay. All they need are stems, of which I have several extras. Madness! eek.gif That Dunhill alone is worth >$700.


Yeah billy, what kind of "man" disses a 15 y/o cancer patient, in a wheelchair, wanting an autograph? He's a complete assclown.
Edited by Magick Man - 4/21/13 at 10:53am
post #2754 of 7053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post



Yeah billy, what kind of "man" disses a 15 y/o cancer patient, in a wheelchair, wanting an autograph? He's a complete assclown.

 

That's really disappointing, especially since I kind of idolized him after watching Gladiator.

post #2755 of 7053

Im about to go to an audiologist to ask for the price of the earmolds. What is the technical term of a custom ear mold for CIEMS?

post #2756 of 7053

Honestly I never saw the appeal of Russel Crowe? Not sure if hes an actor or an Comedian.........

post #2757 of 7053
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

That's really disappointing, especially since I kind of idolized him after watching Gladiator.

I'd heard he was a jerk but had no clue as to the true depth of his bungholishness. It's okay, I sent an email telling George Clooney's people about it and they sent her an autographed photo of him and the whole Ocean's 11 cast (only George signed it, but it was still cool).


We went and did the family thing at Dollywood today, which was actually kind of fun, since the crowds were small. There were no lines for the rides and they were doing the Festival of Nations thing, which meant there was some really good Klezmer and Celtic folk music. They have an area called Fun Country with lots of carnival games and I was trying to win my daughter a pink chimpanzee, it was one of those claw games. Anyhow, I grabbed a big jug that had a voucher for a secret prize inside (one of the vouchers is for a choice of anything on the wall), but the one I grabbed was for... wait for it... a set of Beats Studios. Seriously. rolleyes.gif The guy running the games was like "oh wow, that's one of the best prizes!" and I asked him if I could trade it for something else. LOL! Unfortunately, he wouldn't let me, so now I have an unopened box of Studios, of all things. I finally got the damned chimp though, at the gun game where you knock over milk bottles, and she likes it, so it wasn't a complete failure. wink.gif I also won a small stuffed pony, but she gave it away to another little girl who didn't have a toy. It's entirely okay, her darned crib is getting so crowded that it looks like Noah's ark. You can barely see her in it, for all the stuffed animals.
post #2758 of 7053
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyrongatti View Post

Im about to go to an audiologist to ask for the price of the earmolds. What is the technical term of a custom ear mold for CIEMS?

Just say you want an inner-ear cast for custom earphones.
post #2759 of 7053
That sounds like me asking the pharmacist how to buy condoms as a teenager!
post #2760 of 7053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post



We went and did the family thing at Dollywood today, which was actually kind of fun, since the crowds were small. There were no lines for the rides and they were doing the Festival of Nations thing, which meant there was some really good Klezmer and Celtic folk music. They have an area called Fun Country with lots of carnival games and I was trying to win my daughter a pink chimpanzee, it was one of those claw games. Anyhow, I grabbed a big jug that had a voucher for a secret prize inside (one of the vouchers is for a choice of anything on the wall), but the one I grabbed was for... wait for it... a set of Beats Studios. Seriously. rolleyes.gif The guy running the games was like "oh wow, that's one of the best prizes!" and I asked him if I could trade it for something else. LOL! Unfortunately, he wouldn't let me, so now I have an unopened box of Studios, of all things. I finally got the damned chimp though, at the gun game where you knock over milk bottles, and she likes it, so it wasn't a complete failure. wink.gif I also won a small stuffed pony, but she gave it away to another little girl who didn't have a toy. It's entirely okay, her darned crib is getting so crowded that it looks like Noah's ark. You can barely see her in it, for all the stuffed animals.

Are the studios at least pink? Well they have enough plastic to make a great toy wink.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!