or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! - Page 146

post #2176 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

It's furnished too, and they've left a lot of Crowley's "artistic" touches intact. That's outrageously awesome. My only real issue is the loonies that could come around, looking to "commune" with the Beast.

I'd be more worried about the "kids" who want to say they did [insert stupid thing] here at the Beast's home, or the lookie-loos who want a picture. redface.gif
post #2177 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

It's furnished too, and they've left a lot of Crowley's "artistic" touches intact. That's outrageously awesome. My only real issue is the loonies that could come around, looking to "commune" with the Beast.

 

If you get there and the caretaker starts cursing and swatting imaginary insects, YOU RUN.  Don't be brave, just be gone.  You don't wanna be home there, eating fried chicken, and have maggots come out of your face.


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

Reply
post #2178 of 9498
I would also be careful of guys with long stringy hair, wearing furs and waving swords trying to chop your head off while yelling "there can be only ONE!"


post #2179 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Don't be brave, just be gone.

This. In fact, bring the SLR with, so you can be gone FAST. smily_headphones1.gif
post #2180 of 9498
I think this guy might be looking for a haunted house caretaker job...

post #2181 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Don't be brave, just be gone.

This. In fact, bring the SLR with, so you can be gone FAST. smily_headphones1.gif

 

Which brings up an additional complication:  he's going to need to station a car at each one of these places.  smile.gif


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

Reply
post #2182 of 9498
I do have a more practical question about buying a large vacation home in another country. That seems like a large expense in ongoing upkeep. Let's assume you spend every summer there - why such a large place for only 2-3 months a year? I mean owning Jimmy Page's house would be the absolute coolist thing I could EVER imagine - but that just seems like a huge amount of wasted square footage for a vacation home. I don't know - maybe I'm weird, but I think I prefer vacation homes to be smaller and cozy, with a nice veranda that is just right for watching sunsets with a glass of Chardonnay or Cabernet.
Edited by billybob_jcv - 3/14/13 at 3:29pm
post #2183 of 9498
Thread Starter 
"The Highlander, where is he?"
"You're too late, I've prepared him for you!"
"You waste your time!"


biggrin.gif Trust me, I'm looking forward to that, I have many kilts to wear (in proper fashion, of course). I'm gonna need to fly there to sign papers and check things out, it appears, so I'll get to see the whole thing sooner rather than later, very exciting. I've never been to Loch Ness. "Here Nessy, Nessy!" I did find out that the caretaker is an "amiable widower who rears Scottish hounds". Errr... yeah. redface.gif Monaco is in the not-so-near future, anything worthwhile there is >4M Euro. Damn, that's almost as much as a shack in Vancouver! (Crazy Canadians)


The "kit" arrived for the DB7>DB4 Evocation build. Holy moly, what a mountain of stuff. The instructions are in a 3 ring binder... that's 4" thick. blink.gif My projects are sort of on hold right now, as we have an overload of real customer work, preparing for the coming warm weather, but they'll be back on track in the next few weeks or so.
post #2184 of 9498
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

I do have a more practical question about buying a large vacation home in another country. That seems like a large expense in ongoing upkeep. Let's assume you spend every summer there - why such a large place for only 2-3 months a year? I mean owning Jimmy Page's house would be the absolute coolist thing I could EVER imagine - but that just seems like a huge amount of wasted square footage for a vacation home. I don't know - maybe I'm weird, but I think I prefer vacation homes to be smaller and cozy, with a nice veranda that is just right for watching sunsets with a glass of Chardonnay or Cabernet.

Investment house, it's an attractive price, plus we'll be selectively renting it out during the months we aren't using it, to build equity and defer upkeep and maintenance costs. The house is only 3200 sq/ft, one floor + wine cellar, it isn't really that big, and the view is breathtaking.
post #2185 of 9498
Ahh - cool - I looked at the picture again, and I see what you are saying - When I first looked, I was thinking it was twice that size.
post #2186 of 9498
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

Ahh - cool - I looked at the picture again, and I see what you are saying - When I first looked, I was thinking it was twice that size.

It's like a large cottage, which is perfect for a Summer home (I really wouldn't want to be in the Highlands during the Winter anyway.) It's pretty neat that it's ~ an hour from Edinburgh too, and Inverness is nearly within shouting distance, just up the river. I'm sending them a refundable deposit tonight, to put a hold on the property.

I said earlier that we were holding off on my projects for the near future, but that doesn't seem to be the case, Richard is going to continue on my work (and I'm helping). So things will slow down, but it'll all continue, and I get to gain more technical knowledge and hands-on experience, which is the best part.

Mecum Houston auction is looming, so I'm going over the lots in earnest. I have to say, this Jag is calling to me:




Just the right colors, wouldn't you say? wink.gif


http://www.mecum.com/auctions/consignment_list.cfm?AUCTION_ID=HA0413&consignDay=All&lottype=car
Edited by Magick Man - 3/14/13 at 6:00pm
post #2187 of 9498
I love old XK Jags, so you got my vote!

I'll bet it sounds wonderful!
post #2188 of 9498

Just wondering if Magick has done this yet with the white car.....jump to about 12:08 if the embed doesn't do it automatically.biggrin.gif

 

post #2189 of 9498
Thread Starter 
Oh yes, sure have. It makes spectacular burnouts. biggrin.gif
post #2190 of 9498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

Mecum Houston auction is looming, so I'm going over the lots in earnest. I have to say, this Jag is calling to me:



Just the right colors, wouldn't you say? wink.gif

 

Yeah, and that is REMARKABLY clean too. 


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!