Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Comfortable headphones at $50
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Comfortable headphones at $50 - Page 2

post #16 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post



I've heard about them and read the reviews, I'm betting they are like my HFI 580's with audiophile bass, not consumer bass. I'd rather get an XB500 for $50 than that for $50, it's guaranteed the XB500 is comfier



With stock pads yes but not with velours. These have to be auditioned to believe how good they are. They are just goods across the boards with lots of different genres of music. Just a fun pair of phones to own. I took them with me on vacation as a traveling set and didn't want to take a more expensive pair. I could not believe how good they sound for the price.

post #17 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post



With stock pads yes but not with velours. These have to be auditioned to believe how good they are. They are just goods across the boards with lots of different genres of music. Just a fun pair of phones to own. I took them with me on vacation as a traveling set and didn't want to take a more expensive pair. I could not believe how good they sound for the price.

Can I get a link to the velour pads? I can't and won't be able to audition them which is the problem. And I am Really looking for a consumer sound. Lil Wayne, Lady Gaga, 3OH3, Drake and Rhiana need to actually sound good on them with punch muddy base that has boominess, comfort etc. it's hard to make them sound good, only my PL11's $15 make them sound good, my HFI 580 and SRH440's throw them in the trash.
 

 

post #18 of 52

i will be straight with you now.. if your going to use your fiio e17 get the akg450s they have got the sound you are looking for.. you will suprised on how good they sound for the price.. i would know what to get.. i have got all the best headphones and hifi equipment you can get.. all across the board from ultimate ear triple fi 10s to 18 pro customs from cambridge audio to krell... if something gets a what hifi headphone of the year award it's got be good..don't rely on amazon reviews people have got different opinions on what they want..they sound good with all music from classical to dubstep..there was someone else who was on one of these threads called thund3rstruck and he bought the xb500s and whished he hadn't.. don't make the same mistake he made..but it's your choice..no one can force you to get the akgs.. but i would snap them up!


Edited by our martin - 3/12/12 at 6:07pm
post #19 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by our martin View Post

i will be straight with you now.. if your going to use your fiio e17 get the akg450s they have got the sound you are looking for.. you will suprised on how good they sound for the price.. i would know what to get.. i have got all the best headphones and hifi equipment you can get.. all across the board from ultimate ear triple fi 10s to 18 pro customs from cambridge audio to krell... if something gets a what hifi headphone of the year award it's got be good..don't rely on amazon reviews people have got different opinions on what they want..they sound good with all music from classical to dubstep..there was someone else who was on one of these threads called thund3rstruck and he bought the xb500s and whished he hadn't.. don't make the same mistake he made..but it's your choice..no one can force you to get the akgs.. but i would snap them up!



Thanks for the push, the thing on the owning a lot of equipment was helpful too. Many are too humble to say something like that , but really..how the heck will anyone know if you don't say it :). What hifi is pretty strict..gotta say. and no i don't believe amazon reviews, i just use it to see if something has a structual problem here, or re curring problem or something.

 

I've used the XB500' i have no problems really with it's sound but refine would be good. only problem is the price. im getting the XB500's because they are cheap. im not getting a new pair of headphone's per say. i'm really just whiping out a $35 from my wallet and going..meh, new headphones.

 

any other portable one's with that style you would recommend? love the look's of it, and the flashy modern AKG logo on it...want :)

post #20 of 52

you could go for the sennheiser hd 202 mk2 from amazon which got a five star review in what hifi... L3000.gif showimage.jpg                                                                                                                  


Edited by our martin - 3/13/12 at 6:38am
post #21 of 52
Thread Starter 
Last i checked the regular 202 didnt have the bass i was looking for frown.gif my best buy carries sennheisers. Ill see if they carry that and can test them smily_headphones1.gif

Any headphone in the $50 range that has the portable look and is consumer super bassy?

I just lightly looked up some reviews, the 202 is not what i am looking for frown.gif
Edited by bowei006 - 3/13/12 at 7:55am
post #22 of 52

Iems? most of the bassy cans i personally tried are bulky. redface.gif

post #23 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Last i checked the regular 202 didnt have the bass i was looking for frown.gif my best buy carries sennheisers. Ill see if they carry that and can test them smily_headphones1.gif
Any headphone in the $50 range that has the portable look and is consumer super bassy?
I just lightly looked up some reviews, the 202 is not what i am looking for frown.gif



go and check them out at your local best buy.. these have got some mean bass.. trust me on this one read the 5 star what hifi review they are not like the sennheisers you can get with no bass!

 

post #24 of 52

or you could give these koss porta pro a goL3000.gif...koss-portapro.jpg


Edited by our martin - 3/13/12 at 11:06am
post #25 of 52

akg 450.jpgkoss-portapro.jpgshowimage.jpg1st 2nd third choice..


Edited by our martin - 3/13/12 at 11:57am
post #26 of 52

I was going to suggest the Koss Portapro's which I owned (2 pairs) back in the day... always enjoyed the heavy bass (only listened to trance / rap with them) but can't compare them to the XB500 since I've never listened to them. Only thing is that I'm guessing that the XB500 are like 2 big pillows where the porta's are more like "put and forget".

 

The AKG K518LE are pretty inexpensive and bassy... but again I can't compare to the XB500. Oh and they aren't comfy... ! Heavy on ear clamp !

post #27 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainblack View Post

I was going to suggest the Koss Portapro's which I owned (2 pairs) back in the day... always enjoyed the heavy bass (only listened to trance / rap with them) but can't compare them to the XB500 since I've never listened to them. Only thing is that I'm guessing that the XB500 are like 2 big pillows where the porta's are more like "put and forget".

 

The AKG K518LE are pretty inexpensive and bassy... but again I can't compare to the XB500. Oh and they aren't comfy... ! Heavy on ear clamp !



i listen to mainstream and also have HFI 580 as you do, would you say porta pro's are more suited for mainstream rap and hip hop?

post #28 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post



i listen to mainstream and also have HFI 580 as you do, would you say porta pro's are more suited for mainstream rap and hip hop?



Ugh, sadly I don't have my portapro's anymore.

 

I used to listen to Ice Cube, Cannibus, IAM, Ice-T etc. over and over and over again with these 10 years ago and I really liked how they sounded but I didn't have experience / comparaison point then. I will then let anyone else who currently own the Porta's answer you. But from memory (after listening to Ice Cube right now with my 580's) they, I hope, did a better job. 

 

post #29 of 52

JVC RX900 = comfortble for around your budget.

post #30 of 52
Thread Starter 

:( I guess I'm back to the start :/

 

JVC 900 are over my budget.. it's not even a real budget or headphone thing, it's more like. $50 is nothing and Im just thinking about  these XB500's that fit me, any other suggestions?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Comfortable headphones at $50