+1 these are indeed great earphones they have an cold/analytical sound and a smooth treble but the bad part is they lack bass
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- productLogitech Ultimate Ears 600 Noise-Isolating Earphones - Dark Silvertagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 5/23/12
- productUltimate Ears SuperFi 5 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- ue 600vi replacement Last post on 6/12/12 at 4:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate ears Super.Fi. 5 vs JVC Review and Comparison Last post on 9/23/10 at 8:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What Earbuds ~£30 (better than Sony EX85s)? Last post on 8/5/10 at 9:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs with good dynamic range..Time to go BA? Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic HF3 replacement 'phones Last post on 9/15/12 at 5:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
In the audio world, nobody can say we don’t have a tonne of choice available to us. Some audition gear with slight differences to find the piece that truly stands out to them. This...
A good sounding inexpensive product. As of my late work has pushed me to have to work at many hours at once on writing Visual Novels, I began asking myself if there is a buds solution that...
I just sell my Yamaha EPH-100, so before I forget how they sound I will write a little review here. My attempt for this micro driver earphones was BIG, especially because of the praise I found...
The PMV A-01 was sent to me from PMV by the help on Penon Audio. Thank you to both for let me try them out! The price at the time of this review was $69. The PMV A-1 is available from the Penon...
Cayin have always intrigued me, their approach to portable audio isn't about sound quality alone, far from. Their designs are some of the most unique...
Ultimate Ears 600 impressions thread - Page 4post #46 of 847/19/14 at 2:44am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 847/19/14 at 11:15ampost #48 of 847/19/14 at 12:05pmpost #49 of 847/20/14 at 2:34amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by dweaver
I find them warm sounding with decent bass. It sounds like your not getting a good seal. You can use this link to test http://www.sensaphonics.com/test if you want.
yeah i guess i gave the wrong impression what i mean is they don't extend deep but they do great have a controlled and tight bass =)post #50 of 848/8/14 at 7:19pm
Does anyone have anything to say about the durability of these? I say pictures of the right angle cable and it looks like the wire is prone to becoming loose and even ripping off from the right angle jack.
For $50, I was leaning towards these over the VSonic V1D1 and the Meelectronic A151 but the build of these worry me.post #51 of 848/8/14 at 7:48pmMine are holding up, but they are not very old so can't say how well they will really hold up. The strain reliefs are pretty scimpy though so they might not hold up well unless babied.post #52 of 848/8/14 at 8:08pm
Thanks for the reply. That's one of the things I was worried about. I just researched the JVC HA-FXD80-Z and I think I might lean towards those. You wouldn't happen to have any experience with them, would you?post #53 of 848/8/14 at 8:16pmpost #54 of 849/8/14 at 3:32pmpost #55 of 8411/24/14 at 4:54ampost #56 of 8411/24/14 at 8:40amQuote:
Do you mean whit bi-flange tips of RE0, or black ones of RE400 ?
I started listening my Penon IEM with those white bi-flanges from RE0 and now it sounds better than stock onespost #57 of 8411/24/14 at 9:55amQuote:
The white ones.post #58 of 841/12/15 at 6:59pm
Joined the UE600vi club :3 .... only a billion years late, as per usual, haha.
Future Shop here in London, ON has these on for a whopping 29.99 CAD as the standard price, probably just trying to clear them out. The five pairs (now two) they had have been kicking around for years with no buyers. I'd been chomping at the bit to buy them for a while now, but 99 CAD was just too much to place down for them. 30 bucks was a no brainer.
I have to say that they exceeded all of my expectations. My first and only BA was the Sony XBA-2, which I quite like. I wanted to try another/better BA, and while I don't find the UE600 to be much of an improvement (if any), I do find them to be a good match. The XBA-2 is a bit warmer and more mid/bass focused in comparison.
The UE600 is just a good all-round earphone. Solid bass (I'm a bit of a basshead so this came as a nice surprise....I was fully expecting to be underwhelmed), fantastic mids, and nice, crisp, well-extended treble. A real pleasure to listen to, and something that will definitely be a part of my daily iem rotation for a while.
Despite their age, definitely still worth a buy. They only real negatives are subpar/lack of strain reliefs.
*The UE350 is on for 9.99 CAD which is an excellent price for those. They are pretty awesome little monsters, offering up great bass and a surprising amount of detail.*post #59 of 841/16/15 at 1:15pmHere's my experience with UE 600's.
I ordered the version with an in-line remote from eBay about a year and a half ago. I was sent the standard pair, so I contacted the seller who then sent me the correct pair and told me to just keep the first ones I got.
The first time I put them on, I listened to a song I've heard 100+ times, and I heard details in it that I had never heard before. I've loved using both pairs over the last year and a half. They seem fairly neutral to me which is what I needed. I'm a musician, and I've used them for recording a lot. I recently mixed and mastered a full album using these. I'm not going to say it came out sounding like something you'd hear on the radio quality-wise, but for mixing/mastering with IEMs, I've never had better results. I'm well aware that IEMs aren't the best to use for mixing/mastering, but eh, you work with what you have.
The sound in the mix I was able to achieve with these was very transferable to other sound systems. One thing I've noticed is how different a mix can sound depending on what you're listening to it through. These worked great for me. The clarity and separation between instruments was very helpful.
The bass is just like what most people have been saying - clear and tight, not overwhelming.
Mids seem very smooth and clear to me.
I never noticed the highs being too shrill so that's a good thing I guess.
All good things so far.
Here's the bad news.
About 9 months into using mainly the pair with the in line mic, the outer wire going to the left side just past the splitter cracked causing a short. So I moved on to the standard pair. Everything was great until last month when the outer wire about 1 1/2 inches from the left earpiece cracked. They still worked, so I kept using them very carefully. Last week, the exact same thing happened in the exact same place to the other side. They're still working for now, but I'm shopping around for a new main pair of IEMs.
I'm kindof sad. I really like these, but on average they're only lasting about 9 months before the build quality betrays them.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears 600 impressions thread
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 1 minute ago
- › MEE Audio RX18 Review and Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 3 minutes ago
- › Regen Amber USB 3 minutes ago
- › FS Shure SE-215 LE 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 4 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux owners 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 6 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse