+1 these are indeed great earphones they have an cold/analytical sound and a smooth treble but the bad part is they lack bass
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- productLogitech Ultimate Ears 600 Noise-Isolating Earphones - Dark Silvertagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 5/23/12
- productUltimate Ears SuperFi 5 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- ue 600vi replacement Last post on 6/12/12 at 4:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate ears Super.Fi. 5 vs JVC Review and Comparison Last post on 9/23/10 at 8:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What Earbuds ~£30 (better than Sony EX85s)? Last post on 8/5/10 at 9:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs with good dynamic range..Time to go BA? Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic HF3 replacement 'phones Last post on 9/15/12 at 5:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Ultimate Ears 600 impressions thread - Page 4post #46 of 847/19/14 at 2:44am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 847/19/14 at 11:15ampost #48 of 847/19/14 at 12:05pmpost #49 of 847/20/14 at 2:34amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by dweaver
I find them warm sounding with decent bass. It sounds like your not getting a good seal. You can use this link to test http://www.sensaphonics.com/test if you want.
yeah i guess i gave the wrong impression what i mean is they don't extend deep but they do great have a controlled and tight bass =)post #50 of 848/8/14 at 7:19pm
Does anyone have anything to say about the durability of these? I say pictures of the right angle cable and it looks like the wire is prone to becoming loose and even ripping off from the right angle jack.
For $50, I was leaning towards these over the VSonic V1D1 and the Meelectronic A151 but the build of these worry me.post #51 of 848/8/14 at 7:48pmMine are holding up, but they are not very old so can't say how well they will really hold up. The strain reliefs are pretty scimpy though so they might not hold up well unless babied.post #52 of 848/8/14 at 8:08pm
Thanks for the reply. That's one of the things I was worried about. I just researched the JVC HA-FXD80-Z and I think I might lean towards those. You wouldn't happen to have any experience with them, would you?post #53 of 848/8/14 at 8:16pmpost #54 of 849/8/14 at 3:32pmpost #55 of 8411/24/14 at 4:54ampost #56 of 8411/24/14 at 8:40amQuote:
Do you mean whit bi-flange tips of RE0, or black ones of RE400 ?
I started listening my Penon IEM with those white bi-flanges from RE0 and now it sounds better than stock onespost #57 of 8411/24/14 at 9:55amQuote:
The white ones.post #58 of 841/12/15 at 6:59pm
Joined the UE600vi club :3 .... only a billion years late, as per usual, haha.
Future Shop here in London, ON has these on for a whopping 29.99 CAD as the standard price, probably just trying to clear them out. The five pairs (now two) they had have been kicking around for years with no buyers. I'd been chomping at the bit to buy them for a while now, but 99 CAD was just too much to place down for them. 30 bucks was a no brainer.
I have to say that they exceeded all of my expectations. My first and only BA was the Sony XBA-2, which I quite like. I wanted to try another/better BA, and while I don't find the UE600 to be much of an improvement (if any), I do find them to be a good match. The XBA-2 is a bit warmer and more mid/bass focused in comparison.
The UE600 is just a good all-round earphone. Solid bass (I'm a bit of a basshead so this came as a nice surprise....I was fully expecting to be underwhelmed), fantastic mids, and nice, crisp, well-extended treble. A real pleasure to listen to, and something that will definitely be a part of my daily iem rotation for a while.
Despite their age, definitely still worth a buy. They only real negatives are subpar/lack of strain reliefs.
*The UE350 is on for 9.99 CAD which is an excellent price for those. They are pretty awesome little monsters, offering up great bass and a surprising amount of detail.*post #59 of 841/16/15 at 1:15pmHere's my experience with UE 600's.
I ordered the version with an in-line remote from eBay about a year and a half ago. I was sent the standard pair, so I contacted the seller who then sent me the correct pair and told me to just keep the first ones I got.
The first time I put them on, I listened to a song I've heard 100+ times, and I heard details in it that I had never heard before. I've loved using both pairs over the last year and a half. They seem fairly neutral to me which is what I needed. I'm a musician, and I've used them for recording a lot. I recently mixed and mastered a full album using these. I'm not going to say it came out sounding like something you'd hear on the radio quality-wise, but for mixing/mastering with IEMs, I've never had better results. I'm well aware that IEMs aren't the best to use for mixing/mastering, but eh, you work with what you have.
The sound in the mix I was able to achieve with these was very transferable to other sound systems. One thing I've noticed is how different a mix can sound depending on what you're listening to it through. These worked great for me. The clarity and separation between instruments was very helpful.
The bass is just like what most people have been saying - clear and tight, not overwhelming.
Mids seem very smooth and clear to me.
I never noticed the highs being too shrill so that's a good thing I guess.
All good things so far.
Here's the bad news.
About 9 months into using mainly the pair with the in line mic, the outer wire going to the left side just past the splitter cracked causing a short. So I moved on to the standard pair. Everything was great until last month when the outer wire about 1 1/2 inches from the left earpiece cracked. They still worked, so I kept using them very carefully. Last week, the exact same thing happened in the exact same place to the other side. They're still working for now, but I'm shopping around for a new main pair of IEMs.
I'm kindof sad. I really like these, but on average they're only lasting about 9 months before the build quality betrays them.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears 600 impressions thread
- Headphone Impedance
- › "Open Alpha" T50 3D printed headphone project from MrSpeakers 25 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 35 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 1 minute ago
- › Introducing a high quality Bluetooth "Wireless" cable from LEAR! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Best Computer Audio Player Software? 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear