+1 these are indeed great earphones they have an cold/analytical sound and a smooth treble but the bad part is they lack bass
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
- productLogitech Ultimate Ears 600 Noise-Isolating Earphones - Dark Silvertagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 5/23/12
- productUltimate Ears SuperFi 5 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- ue 600vi replacement Last post on 6/12/12 at 4:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate ears Super.Fi. 5 vs JVC Review and Comparison Last post on 9/23/10 at 8:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What Earbuds ~£30 (better than Sony EX85s)? Last post on 8/5/10 at 9:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs with good dynamic range..Time to go BA? Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic HF3 replacement 'phones Last post on 9/15/12 at 5:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
"Low cost champion", "Best in it's own way"... i love the way how things work in this earphone business :) however, please do not worry, vaziyetu here to correct things (again). first of all,...
Sometimes you want to hear the pluck of a guitar string. Sometimes that detail can be sacrificed in the name of bass.....enormous bass Honestly these are pretty damned good with rock too. Not...
Firstly, like to thank Mike from Meelectronics for supplying the M9 Classic to review. The new release of the M9 Classic is Meelectronics budget in ear headphone. Priced at $9.99USD, I was...
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
Ultimate Ears 600 appreciation thread - Page 4post #46 of 777/19/14 at 2:44am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 777/19/14 at 11:15ampost #48 of 777/19/14 at 12:05pmpost #49 of 777/20/14 at 2:34amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by dweaver
I find them warm sounding with decent bass. It sounds like your not getting a good seal. You can use this link to test http://www.sensaphonics.com/test if you want.
yeah i guess i gave the wrong impression what i mean is they don't extend deep but they do great have a controlled and tight bass =)post #50 of 778/8/14 at 7:19pm
Does anyone have anything to say about the durability of these? I say pictures of the right angle cable and it looks like the wire is prone to becoming loose and even ripping off from the right angle jack.
For $50, I was leaning towards these over the VSonic V1D1 and the Meelectronic A151 but the build of these worry me.post #51 of 778/8/14 at 7:48pmMine are holding up, but they are not very old so can't say how well they will really hold up. The strain reliefs are pretty scimpy though so they might not hold up well unless babied.post #52 of 778/8/14 at 8:08pm
Thanks for the reply. That's one of the things I was worried about. I just researched the JVC HA-FXD80-Z and I think I might lean towards those. You wouldn't happen to have any experience with them, would you?post #53 of 778/8/14 at 8:16pmpost #54 of 779/8/14 at 3:32pmpost #55 of 7711/24/14 at 4:54ampost #56 of 7711/24/14 at 8:40amQuote:
Do you mean whit bi-flange tips of RE0, or black ones of RE400 ?
I started listening my Penon IEM with those white bi-flanges from RE0 and now it sounds better than stock onespost #57 of 7711/24/14 at 9:55amQuote:
The white ones.post #58 of 771/12/15 at 6:59pm
Joined the UE600vi club :3 .... only a billion years late, as per usual, haha.
Future Shop here in London, ON has these on for a whopping 29.99 CAD as the standard price, probably just trying to clear them out. The five pairs (now two) they had have been kicking around for years with no buyers. I'd been chomping at the bit to buy them for a while now, but 99 CAD was just too much to place down for them. 30 bucks was a no brainer.
I have to say that they exceeded all of my expectations. My first and only BA was the Sony XBA-2, which I quite like. I wanted to try another/better BA, and while I don't find the UE600 to be much of an improvement (if any), I do find them to be a good match. The XBA-2 is a bit warmer and more mid/bass focused in comparison.
The UE600 is just a good all-round earphone. Solid bass (I'm a bit of a basshead so this came as a nice surprise....I was fully expecting to be underwhelmed), fantastic mids, and nice, crisp, well-extended treble. A real pleasure to listen to, and something that will definitely be a part of my daily iem rotation for a while.
Despite their age, definitely still worth a buy. They only real negatives are subpar/lack of strain reliefs.
*The UE350 is on for 9.99 CAD which is an excellent price for those. They are pretty awesome little monsters, offering up great bass and a surprising amount of detail.*post #59 of 771/16/15 at 1:15pmHere's my experience with UE 600's.
I ordered the version with an in-line remote from eBay about a year and a half ago. I was sent the standard pair, so I contacted the seller who then sent me the correct pair and told me to just keep the first ones I got.
The first time I put them on, I listened to a song I've heard 100+ times, and I heard details in it that I had never heard before. I've loved using both pairs over the last year and a half. They seem fairly neutral to me which is what I needed. I'm a musician, and I've used them for recording a lot. I recently mixed and mastered a full album using these. I'm not going to say it came out sounding like something you'd hear on the radio quality-wise, but for mixing/mastering with IEMs, I've never had better results. I'm well aware that IEMs aren't the best to use for mixing/mastering, but eh, you work with what you have.
The sound in the mix I was able to achieve with these was very transferable to other sound systems. One thing I've noticed is how different a mix can sound depending on what you're listening to it through. These worked great for me. The clarity and separation between instruments was very helpful.
The bass is just like what most people have been saying - clear and tight, not overwhelming.
Mids seem very smooth and clear to me.
I never noticed the highs being too shrill so that's a good thing I guess.
All good things so far.
Here's the bad news.
About 9 months into using mainly the pair with the in line mic, the outer wire going to the left side just past the splitter cracked causing a short. So I moved on to the standard pair. Everything was great until last month when the outer wire about 1 1/2 inches from the left earpiece cracked. They still worked, so I kept using them very carefully. Last week, the exact same thing happened in the exact same place to the other side. They're still working for now, but I'm shopping around for a new main pair of IEMs.
I'm kindof sad. I really like these, but on average they're only lasting about 9 months before the build quality betrays them.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears 600 appreciation thread
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... just now
- › Earbuds With Great Bass Between $100-$150 24 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 35 seconds ago
- › Making my first set of headphone cables... tips, tricks, help would... 1 minute ago
- › FLAC merge & cue sheet for 24 bits? 1 minute ago
- › She is Called Esther ---SOUNDAWARE New Portable Player Thread Updated 1 minute ago
- › iFi Audio "Pro" desktop line discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › Frequency response graph and EQ 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2