New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPad 3 anticipation - Page 2

post #16 of 276

The new retina displays sound awesome! Can't wait till that technology comes to the MBP, but in the meantime I plan to pick up ASAP an iPad3 wifi for my Mom.

post #17 of 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdufour View Post

Actually, if you follow the proper channels, you can have an app refunded.  http://www.labnol.org/software/itunes-app-store-refunds/13838/ gives a clue how to do this.

 

Not being able to handle a specific format does not make a whole OS crap.  There are always alternatives and apps that must be searched out (quickoffice pro hd does pptx) Granted, some may not meet your expectations and thats ok, but don't rail on the os cause it doesn't function to your standards (exactly why I can't stand linux!, but I don't call linux crap).

 

4:3, yeah, kinda sucks.  But seriously, how much time do you spend in landscape anyway?  I do 90% of my reading in portrait so 4:3 isn't such an issue there....

 

There, I got my fanboy mentality out of the way....



did report a problem, never got so much as an email from them.  also i beg to differ, it is the os at fault as the same applications work just fine on android.  oh and yes quick office pro was the first one i bought  and no i can assure you it cannot display the formatting correctly.  therefor i cannot do other than conclude it is an iOS issue at work.

 

the 4 : 3 bit is the reason i bought it though, god only knows why android tablet makers think you could only possibly want widescreen for watching video.   im the same as you i want 4:3 portrait and for some reason android makers wont sell me one.

post #18 of 276

Ugh, I hate how fast technology moves sometimes. After deciding between the Xoom and the iPad 2, Adobe Flash support was the deciding factor, so I bought a Motorola Xoom last year, which I love don't get me wrong, but since then (almost instantly a month or so later) the Asus Transformer came out, now the Transformer Prime, and just today the iPad 3. I should've waited mad.gif

 

That camera on the iPad 3 is especially impressive.

post #19 of 276

TBH gut feeling right now is that I probably won't get one (never say never). Nothing wrong with the ipad 1 for what I use it for so will let the launch hype die down a bit.  Plus it's always cheaper and more fun to let others take the plunge first.

 

Cheers.

post #20 of 276
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post



did report a problem, never got so much as an email from them.  also i beg to differ, it is the os at fault as the same applications work just fine on android.  oh and yes quick office pro was the first one i bought  and no i can assure you it cannot display the formatting correctly.  therefor i cannot do other than conclude it is an iOS issue at work.

 

the 4 : 3 bit is the reason i bought it though, god only knows why android tablet makers think you could only possibly want widescreen for watching video.   im the same as you i want 4:3 portrait and for some reason android makers wont sell me one.


I had issues with my iPad 2 as well.  It's a problem with iCloud corrupting the apps.  Never do a restore from iCloud.  Wipe the iPad clean and then install the apps one at a time, fresh.  iCloud backup has lots of problems and you're better off backing up to a computer.  I had similar issues with my iPhone 4S.

 

Well, I preordered a 32gig white 4GLTE iPad today.... very excited for it to arrive on March 16th.

 

post #21 of 276
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkoolaidman View Post

That camera on the iPad 3 is especially impressive.


Not really.  It's the one thing that pisses me off about the new iPad (even though I still ordered one).  It only has a 5 megapixel camera on the back vs. the iPhone's 8 megapixel, and the front facing camera is still a horrible, HORRIBLE VGA 640x480 camera.  What gives, Apple?  You have a 2048x1536 resolution screen with a 640x480 FaceTime camera?  Seriously?  SERIOUSLY????  And now that there is 4G, why is there still no FaceTime over 4G??

 

post #22 of 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPodPJ View Post


Not really.  It's the one thing that pisses me off about the new iPad (even though I still ordered one).  It only has a 5 megapixel camera on the back vs. the iPhone's 8 megapixel, and the front facing camera is still a horrible, HORRIBLE VGA 640x480 camera.  What gives, Apple?  You have a 2048x1536 resolution screen with a 640x480 FaceTime camera?  Seriously?  SERIOUSLY????  And now that there is 4G, why is there still no FaceTime over 4G??

 



Well, I was referring to the rear camera. And like Apple says, megapixels aren't everything. The front facing cameras on tablets and phones are usually pretty crappy partly due to smaller size. I was just looking at this gallery and was impressed.

 

 

post #23 of 276


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingalekay View Post

Nope they didn't! That sucks! angry_face.gif



No instead they gave everyone who bought a 720p tv show or movie a free 1080p upgrade for all.

 

Speaking of having 1080p movies on our phones, ipod, computer, iPad, and apple tvs means no more Blu-ray! 

 

 

I think the world can wait a bit longer for higher res music after the 1080p announcement.

 

 

Only Apple could of had the size and power to talk the tv and movie studios into this one. This is the biggest news of the year by far, then again with the Sept iPod event that is centered on music we may just get that higher res music after all. Until then sit back and watch some true high def movies you bought on your phone.....hahahahahaha

 

Awesome Apple!

post #24 of 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhd812 View Post
with the Sept iPod event that is centered on music we may just get that higher res music after all.


I sure hope your right . . . I sure hope so . . .

post #25 of 276
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkoolaidman View Post



Well, I was referring to the rear camera. And like Apple says, megapixels aren't everything. The front facing cameras on tablets and phones are usually pretty crappy partly due to smaller size. I was just looking at this gallery and was impressed.

 

 


No, Megapixels aren't everything, but they put an 8 megapixel camera in the iPhone for a reason... surely they could have added it to the iPad as well.  They also left out Siri from the new iPad, just dictation.  They don't want to give one product all the same features as the other, because they want you to buy everything they sell.  It's smart on their end (from a business perspective), but a blatant disregard of the consumer.  The FaceTime camera is extremely important because that is how you reach out to people LIVE.  There is no reason they couldn't have increased the resolution on that camera.  FaceTime over Wi-Fi, or now 4G, could easily support it.  It wouldn't even have to be the full 2048x1536 but at least 1024x768.  640x480 is just pathetic and was the resolution of the monitors I was using in the 80s.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by bhd812 View Post


This is the biggest news of the year by far, then again with the Sept iPod event that is centered on music we may just get that higher res music after all. 


iPods may not be around that much longer.  Their sales are going down more and more each year because people are buying iPhones and have no need for a second device.  iPhones also have the better quality display, having an IPS panel whereas the iPod Touch uses a TN panel.

 

I also don't understand Apple's desire to keep the storage amount of their devices to a minimum.  How long are we going to have 16, 32, and 64GB iPads and iPhones when we have 2 and 3TB hard drives on our computers now?  They figure no one needs it because they are using MP3s, but there are people who do use WAV and ALAC files on their devices, which are supported on the device for a reason.  And what about HD videos?  That takes space.

 

An iPad will use a lot more storage space because of apps, videos, and photos, so 16, 32, and 64GB are just unacceptable storage amounts in this day and age (and the same with the iPhone).  The iPod Classic has 160GB so surely something that can handle video should have as much or more!!  Having a Retina display now on the iPad will require larger apps and people will store larger size photos.  With 4G LTE people can download more, faster.  The problem is most people are forced to buy a 16 or 32GB because the 64GB is too expensive.  Apple should have the same pricing structure but the devices should be available in 64, 128, and 256GB.  They seem to want to intentionally hold back the consumer, especially since storage isn't upgradable.  The new iPad is a landmark, state of the art product which will get widespread use by tons of people....but it won't get the maximum use since it can't hold that much storage.

 

 

On another note, the silver iPod Classic looks really nice.  I wonder why they never made an iPad like that.  A silver iPad would look amazing.

 


Edited by IPodPJ - 3/8/12 at 4:02pm
post #26 of 276

I wish Apple would do something with the iPod classic. Essentially make it a high capacity iPod touch. It would probably have to be HDD based as well so that the high capacity doesn't cost a fortune. Even if they kept the click wheel, they should give it a bigger, better (possibly AMOLED) screen.

post #27 of 276
I have mine on order, a white 64GB with 4G. Really looking forward to some Retina display HD goodness.
post #28 of 276
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkoolaidman View Post

I wish Apple would do something with the iPod classic. Essentially make it a high capacity iPod touch. It would probably have to be HDD based as well so that the high capacity doesn't cost a fortune. Even if they kept the click wheel, they should give it a bigger, better (possibly AMOLED) screen.


Then it would be called the iPod Current.  tongue_smile.gif

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

I have mine on order, a white 64GB with 4G. Really looking forward to some Retina display HD goodness.


Nice.  You went all out!  I figured 32 would be enough for my needs since I had 16 on my iPad 2 and only filled 60% of it, and know that the Retina display will cause apps to be larger.  If I used it for music or videos I would definitely get a 64 but even that wouldn't be enough... I would need a 256 at least!

 

post #29 of 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPodPJ View Post

Nice.  You went all out!  I figured 32 would be enough for my needs since I had 16 on my iPad 2 and only filled 60% of it, and know that the Retina display will cause apps to be larger.  If I used it for music or videos I would definitely get a 64 but even that wouldn't be enough... I would need a 256 at least!

My wife kinda nicked mine, it's a 32GB black iPad 2. So I said, "what the hell" and snagged a new one after they were announced. She said, "what about me?". I just looked at her and told her, "you stole mine, you live with the consequences". biggrin.gif
post #30 of 276
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

My wife kinda nicked mine, it's a 32GB black iPad 2. So I said, "what the hell" and snagged a new one after they were announced. She said, "what about me?". I just looked at her and told her, "you stole mine, you live with the consequences". biggrin.gif

When the wife says, "What about me?" that's when you say, "You have a brain... you have hands... get a job and buy one yourself."
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home