I plan on using an ipod and one of these devices to a full size amp like a Maverick D1
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/25/12
- productHRT iStreamertagged by System, 8/25/12
- productNuForce Icon (Integrated Desktop Audio Amplifier, Silver Color).tagged by System, 8/25/12
- productPure i20 iPod Docktagged by System, 8/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Dedicated headphone amps vs. integrated AV receivers - Output impedance and what is the biggest... Last post on 9/11/12 at 9:07pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- iPhone + ??? + AD700: Help an audioneophile! Last post on 7/17/12 at 7:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp for Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 7/17/12 at 12:03pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E10 and E11 or Fiio E17 Only Last post on 7/8/12 at 12:52pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- **Nuforce Icon hdp or Matrix M Stage USB 2012* Last post on 5/31/12 at 10:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
- Headphone Impedance
HRT iStreamer vs. nuforce icon ido
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hi all, I would be interested in first hand feedback from actual users among this forum regarding the sound quality of the HRT iStreamer vs. the Nuforce Icon iDo.
To keep the discussion focussed, I am primarily interested in a comparison of the DAC sections of the iStreamer and the Icon iDo (so not in the headphone amp of the Icon iDo or the additional features it offers).
So how will these DACs compare sonically in your opinion?
- HRT iStreamer vs. nuforce icon ido
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 15 seconds ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 29 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › LFF's Enigma (new from the maker of the Paradox) 3 minutes ago
- › Roll Call for Team AKG 3 minutes ago
- › Foam style audeze headband and yoke + "steampunk" style headband... 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)