Rockhopper Balanced Beta22 + Dual Sigma22 PSU
Will Ship To: Anywhere
For sale is my beloved Balanced AMB B22 headphone amplifier with Dual Sigma22 PSU made by Rockhopper Audio.
This is a piece of art, and probably one of the most beautiful gear I have ever owned. It is also the most transparent amplifier I have ever listened to, but I simply cannot afford to keep it.
It is fully balanced, features a Twisted Pear Joshua Tree attenuator, and has extensive switchable balanced and unbalanced inputs and outputs. It can be adapted to all mains voltage by a switch on the rear of the PSU case. It features black anodised enclosures with custom engraved front and back panels. Two military-grade umbilicals to connect the PSU to the amp are provided.
There are two very small blemishes on the corner of the PSU enclosure, which were caused by the shipment. Otherwise it is in excellent condition.
Here are the full specifications:
- 2 X Sigma 22 power supplies in separate case
- Balanced Beta 22 amp
- Gain: 4x balanced, 2x single ended
- Inputs: 2 X balanced XLR; 2 X RCA single ended
- Outputs: 1 X XLR balanced headphone out; 1 X 1/4" single-ended headphone out; 1 X balanced active preamp out; 1 X RCA single-ended pre-amp out; 1 X balanced speaker out
- Vishay Dale resistors used through
- Silver coated, copper stranded wire used throughout
- High quality power and attenuator power umbilicals
- 100V-240V operation
6 months ago, I made some modifications to the internal layout to improve the performance even more. I added a relay input selector, stacked above the relay attenuator, which reduced considerably the input signal path, and improved the long-term reliability.
The amplifier is completeley silent, even with the most sensitive headphones.
I made measurements of the amplifier, which are state of the art.
The Beta22 has been my favorite amplifier ever since.
You can find the original ad from Rockhopper Audio here:
The amp is located in EU (France), but I can ship anywhere in the world.
Edited by CafeNoir - 12/2/12 at 8:11am