SOLD!!: DIY Cavalli Audio Stacker II tube hybrid amp
Will Ship To: Anywhere
For sale is one of the very few Cavalli Audio Stacker II amps that were ever built.
i need the money... ;-(
This amp has become a bit of a living legend here on head-fi and has drawn comparison to some of the most totl amps around on several occasions.
It is known as one of the better sounding amps available. If you've been drooling over totl amps but cant afford them, this may be as close as you'll ever get.
The amp has just been completely rebuilt and re-cased, but in the spirit of DIY, the price you are paying is only for price of the parts used to build it.
It is suited for any headphones except IEM's and very low impedance cans. Its perfect for orthos, and most other full size cans.
Some of its features (which I will ad to as i become aware of them - i'm not a technical guy) include.
- a brand new broskie high voltage power supply at 275Volts
- fresh build and brand new case
- green LED light around the power button
- AmpOhm 0.22uF Aluminum foil PIO coupling caps
- Toshiba 2SC2238/2SA968 output devices in the buffer
- TKD 2CP-2511 potentiometer
- Vampire RCA jacks with loop out.
- Schaffner filtered AC inlet
- Can run 6.3 volt novals (6CG7, 6GU7, 5814) OR Octals (6SN7) tubes in the input stage
- 3 sets of tubes included: -
matched 6CG7 rca clear tops
2 RCA 6GU7 black tops
2 RCA 6FQ7/6CG7 clear tops
you will also be supported by its builder, if any complications arise, whose details I will share via PM.
The amp will be very well packed, insured, and comes with a power cord, and a 3 sets of tubes as mentioned above
full disclosure, there is a very slight, barely there hiss if you use lower impedance cans. I would venture to say most people will barely even notice unless they try, and on many higher impedance it wont be there at all.
also, this amp is a BEAST- its big! 16x16x5 - thats a schiit bifrost on top of it for a size reference.
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING, NO TRADES.
Edited by Br777 - 3/18/12 at 2:50pm