Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Does anyone use mog?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Does anyone use mog? - Page 5

post #61 of 150

On a side note, I still love MOG. For $4.99 a month it's great. I would keep it just for the whole Ultimae collection of ambient/chillout music being on there. 

post #62 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb View Post

On a side note, I still love MOG. For $4.99 a month it's great. I would keep it just for the whole Ultimae collection of ambient/chillout music being on there. 

 

+1

 

I agree and I listen to the Ultimae stuff too!

post #63 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by StratocasterMan View Post

 

+1

 

I agree and I listen to the Ultimae stuff too!

Nice! I'm listening to the latest AES Dana release right now on MOG. It sounds niiiiice on the Q701 with a slight bass boost.

post #64 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb View Post

Nice! I'm listening to the latest AES Dana release right now on MOG. It sounds niiiiice on the Q701 with a slight bass boost.

 

I've only listened to that one about twice. I like it so far, but CONNECT.OHM [ 9980 ] is my current favorite. I listen to that one with a slight bass boost on my ATH-M50's. Or, alternatively, I use my desktop 2.1 rig. With a powered 10" subwoofer right under my desk, it's the bomb! smile.gif

post #65 of 150

MOG FTW!!! MOG just helped me to discover another new great band.

post #66 of 150

I've been using MOG now for a year now using a high-end rig (msII+>rxmkII>jh13) and am very happy with the service.

 

I tried rhapsody, but their catalog at the time was not completely 320. Spotify uses OGG 320, which at that bitrate sounds horrendous compared to mp3 320. I couldn't stand it.

 

One thing I'd like to suggest: Don't use the desktop player. MOG playing through Chrome sounds much better for some reason. The soundstage is more open and everything sounds more natural. I'm using a win7 pc.

 

I've sometimes had the song "skip" as mentioned earlier, but that's been fixed a few months ago.

 

But yeah...If you're serious about music this is definitely the subscription site to go with. I hope more people subscribe because I can't imagine what I'd do without it.

post #67 of 150

Tonight I have listened to MOG and then went to Songza and had to turn Songza off...MOG is that good.  I like the mobile interface a lot...and I love htat i can download WHATEVER to my iPhone and listen to when on the road, etc. without worrying about the 320kbps eating up my data plan.  

 

I've tried Spotify and it's simply not nearly as nice on iPhone and the sound quality falls short in my opinion. (SOUND matters most to me -- which is why i am posting this on head-fi!)

 

I just wish that Dan Aurbach would allow his new music...he produced Cadillac Sky's latest album (and I REALLy want to hear it on MOG) and it is not there...neither is his El Camino...

 

other than stuff like that, i like it a lot.  

 

I usually listen with my Sennheiser Momentums or my Sennheiser CX890is.  Both headphones shine with MOG...

post #68 of 150

Man, I'm a huge fan of the Ultimae Records stuff, particularly Carbon Based Lifeforms and HUVA Network. I don't think there's anyway I can get tired of listen to World of Sleepers. I've not tried anything by CONNECT.OHM, so I'll have to give their album a shot.

 

I've actually switched back to Rdio after using MOG for such a long time. Rdio's mobile app is just SO MUCH BETTER, and I think their selection has improved by a ton since last I used them a year or so ago.
 

post #69 of 150

Mog is going away and being replaced by something called Daisy.  Probably will improve the interface and radio selections.  Something tells me they will also raise the price, at least on the $5 plan, which has been a real bargain.  

 

 Have to agree that the sound on the mog app is not very good,  I listen using the I.E. browser instead.   


Edited by mitchflorida - 2/10/13 at 7:27am
post #70 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchflorida View Post

Mog is going away and being replaced by something called Daisy.  Probably will improve the interface and radio selections.  Something tells me they will also raise the price, at least on the $5 plan, which has been a real bargain.  

 

 Have to agree that the sound on the mog app is not very good,  I listen using the I.E. browser instead.   

 

I checked out a few articles about the changes coming to MOG. So far everything is pretty vague, but I'm not encouraged by what I read. Everything was about their hiring of Trent Reznor and programming. It was all about stuff like "helping you find artists you wouldn't have found on your own" and "connecting with the artists" and things like that. The last thing I care about is radio features, and that seems to be exactly where their focus is going to be. I never even use the radio feature. I don't need help finding stuff to listen to. I just want the widest selection when I search for music on my own.

 

I fear that you are probably correct. All I want is the biggest selection at the best sound quality at the lowest price, and that's exactly what $5 MOG has been. Sound quality was never mentioned in any of the articles I read. I've always wished MOG had a built-in equalizer, but there was no mention of any kind of technical features or improvements. There was no mention of sound quality, only programming. Everything was about supposed help in finding music and help in "connecting with the artists."

 

I fear that the price is going to go up so they can pay Trent Reznor to develop better ways to help people find music, which is exactly what I don't need or want.

post #71 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchflorida View Post

Mog is going away and being replaced by something called Daisy.  Probably will improve the interface and radio selections.  Something tells me they will also raise the price, at least on the $5 plan, which has been a real bargain.  

 

 Have to agree that the sound on the mog app is not very good,  I listen using the I.E. browser instead.   

 

 


Where did you hear or read this?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon7s View Post

Man, I'm a huge fan of the Ultimae Records stuff, particularly Carbon Based Lifeforms and HUVA Network. I don't think there's anyway I can get tired of listen to World of Sleepers. I've not tried anything by CONNECT.OHM, so I'll have to give their album a shot.

 

I've actually switched back to Rdio after using MOG for such a long time. Rdio's mobile app is just SO MUCH BETTER, and I think their selection has improved by a ton since last I used them a year or so ago.
 

 

You know I kind of felt that way once I got my new phone, although I think the UI of MOG is much more user-friendly. The selection on MOG seems more expansive as well. I just wish they had a radio.

post #72 of 150
post #73 of 150
Quote:
When asked if Project Daisy would emphasize high quality sound, Iovine basically said no but they'd do the best they can given the difficulties they face. So there was a weird disjuncture between what Project Daisy is going to be and Iovine's tendency to fall back on the theme of sound quality at random big picture moments.

 

 

This pretty much sums up what I have read from the above links and a few others I have found. Personally, I don't see the point of this transition to Daisy and really it just seems like a waste. I think MOG is perfectly fine as it is and shouldn't be changed, unless of course they could add a radio to it but what the heck, for $5/mo it's perfect. Better than Spotify and Rdio and Slacker and all the others too I believe. Guess we'll just have to wait until Lovine really comes out with what they are going to change or improve here in the near future if anything at all besides the name.

post #74 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by hma101 View Post

One thing I'd like to suggest: Don't use the desktop player. MOG playing through Chrome sounds much better for some reason. The soundstage is more open and everything sounds more natural. I'm using a win7 pc.

 

 

Can anyone else confirm this? 

post #75 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by acti0n View Post

 

Can anyone else confirm this? 

 

I usually use the desktop player because I used to have "skipping" problems with the web player. After I read that post, I tried switching back to the web player. I DID think it sounded a little better. However, the skipping problem with the web player returned as it always has for me. I don't have any problem streaming Spotify with their client or MOG with the desktop player, but the MOG web player always has a skipping problem for me, so even though it sounds good, I went back to the desktop player.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Does anyone use mog?