Highs a little artificial, but otherwise very balanced and clear. Very good sounding. Isolation just okay, better than the Denons, but not great.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Closed can with good sound stage Last post on Yesterday at 7:02 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help choosing my first "decent" over ear headphones? Last post on 9/15/14 at 1:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need help to buy my ideal headphones, for Rock and Metal, between $150 and $200. Last post on 9/12/14 at 4:03am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair chance? Last post on Yesterday at 9:08 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can't seem to decide on a set of headphones, would like some help. Last post on 8/3/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
New! AKG K550 Unboxing Video - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
And sound leakage?
Initial impressions are very good. I do wish the cups push in more to isolate better. The overall sound is detailed and smooth. I really love how it looks and build quality. Stay tuned for a video review in a couple of weeks of head time.
Initial results are great! The comfort is unrivaled in the closed-back arena, plenty of room for larger ears. The tips of mine barely touch the driver foam, and even then, I feel no pain at all - these are the most comfy closed-cans I've ever worn. I find the sound to be almost exactly like the open K702 in the highs and mids. Expect vocals and instruments in those areas to almost have a thin-like feel to them, they don't sound full and heavy (my preferable sound) like the Crossfade LP's or the Pro700MK2's. Bass is there, you can hear it and it is tight and goes fairly deep but doesn't pound.
However the bass feels just slightly above neutral to me, like the K702 with a +2 boost to all frequencies lower than 500Hz. They are extremely clear right out of the box, and leakage is incredibly controlled. It handles leakage of your tunes like a champ - I have it currently blasting right now stretched on the box they came in cooking them with Xzibit's "Hey Now" at around 112db in the cup - they emit a soft tone of the music - in fact they are almost neck and neck with the Pro700MK2's.
I'm going to start my own thread with these now...
- New! AKG K550 Unboxing Video
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Vision Ear V 6 With X Control is The most expensive Custom IEM in... 33 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 34 seconds ago
- › Is Sabre ES9018 the best DAC chip right now? 48 seconds ago
- › FS: Heir Audio 4.a 1 minute ago
- › Programs used for HiFi listening 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)