Highs a little artificial, but otherwise very balanced and clear. Very good sounding. Isolation just okay, better than the Denons, but not great.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for movies? Last post on 2/19/15 at 3:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amping the Alpha Dogs Last post on 2/11/15 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can someone suggest $400-$600 over ear cans with good "neckability" (lol) ? Last post on 2/13/15 at 12:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can someone suggest $400-$600 over ear cans with good "neckability" (lol) ? Last post on 2/11/15 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- nexus 6 / avg550 - portable DAC/amp recommendations Last post on 2/13/15 at 10:47am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
If you want a natural sound with realistic vocals and soundstage, tight bass, sparkling highs without being fatigued, and a headphone who can reveal the true quality of the recorded music, and...
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one thing comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
New! AKG K550 Unboxing Video - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
And sound leakage?
Initial impressions are very good. I do wish the cups push in more to isolate better. The overall sound is detailed and smooth. I really love how it looks and build quality. Stay tuned for a video review in a couple of weeks of head time.
Initial results are great! The comfort is unrivaled in the closed-back arena, plenty of room for larger ears. The tips of mine barely touch the driver foam, and even then, I feel no pain at all - these are the most comfy closed-cans I've ever worn. I find the sound to be almost exactly like the open K702 in the highs and mids. Expect vocals and instruments in those areas to almost have a thin-like feel to them, they don't sound full and heavy (my preferable sound) like the Crossfade LP's or the Pro700MK2's. Bass is there, you can hear it and it is tight and goes fairly deep but doesn't pound.
However the bass feels just slightly above neutral to me, like the K702 with a +2 boost to all frequencies lower than 500Hz. They are extremely clear right out of the box, and leakage is incredibly controlled. It handles leakage of your tunes like a champ - I have it currently blasting right now stretched on the box they came in cooking them with Xzibit's "Hey Now" at around 112db in the cup - they emit a soft tone of the music - in fact they are almost neck and neck with the Pro700MK2's.
I'm going to start my own thread with these now...
- New! AKG K550 Unboxing Video
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 5 minutes ago
- › 6922 Tube Review - 17 Top 6922 6N23P E88CC CCa 7308 E188CC tubes 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2