Highs a little artificial, but otherwise very balanced and clear. Very good sounding. Isolation just okay, better than the Denons, but not great.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- K550 Question! Last post on 7/1/14 at 10:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- JDS O2 + ODAC with my AKG K550 Last post on 6/25/14 at 3:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Closed headphones for <$200 Last post on 6/26/14 at 12:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K501 vs. AKG K550 Last post on 6/27/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Experience to be shared with 104 full-size, portable headphones and in-ears I have been using.... Last post on 6/18/14 at 5:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
New! AKG K550 Unboxing Video - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
And sound leakage?
Initial impressions are very good. I do wish the cups push in more to isolate better. The overall sound is detailed and smooth. I really love how it looks and build quality. Stay tuned for a video review in a couple of weeks of head time.
Initial results are great! The comfort is unrivaled in the closed-back arena, plenty of room for larger ears. The tips of mine barely touch the driver foam, and even then, I feel no pain at all - these are the most comfy closed-cans I've ever worn. I find the sound to be almost exactly like the open K702 in the highs and mids. Expect vocals and instruments in those areas to almost have a thin-like feel to them, they don't sound full and heavy (my preferable sound) like the Crossfade LP's or the Pro700MK2's. Bass is there, you can hear it and it is tight and goes fairly deep but doesn't pound.
However the bass feels just slightly above neutral to me, like the K702 with a +2 boost to all frequencies lower than 500Hz. They are extremely clear right out of the box, and leakage is incredibly controlled. It handles leakage of your tunes like a champ - I have it currently blasting right now stretched on the box they came in cooking them with Xzibit's "Hey Now" at around 112db in the cup - they emit a soft tone of the music - in fact they are almost neck and neck with the Pro700MK2's.
I'm going to start my own thread with these now...
- New! AKG K550 Unboxing Video
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 33 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE5) 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › My Logitech Z-2300 crapped out....what should I get? 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Great Condition HD600s 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 6 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)