Highs a little artificial, but otherwise very balanced and clear. Very good sounding. Isolation just okay, better than the Denons, but not great.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for movies? Last post on 2/19/15 at 3:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amping the Alpha Dogs Last post on 2/11/15 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can someone suggest $400-$600 over ear cans with good "neckability" (lol) ? Last post on 2/13/15 at 12:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can someone suggest $400-$600 over ear cans with good "neckability" (lol) ? Last post on 2/11/15 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- nexus 6 / avg550 - portable DAC/amp recommendations Last post on 2/13/15 at 10:47am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
A little background before I start. I'm 16 years old and I slowly began to become addicted to fine, audiophile-quality headphones. I remember the first time I heard beats at an apple store. I...
The Major 6 was one of the older models in chord&Major's lineup that has been revamped into the Major 6'13, inline with the Tonal Earphone series design principles. While it looks identical to the...
New! AKG K550 Unboxing Video - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
And sound leakage?
Initial impressions are very good. I do wish the cups push in more to isolate better. The overall sound is detailed and smooth. I really love how it looks and build quality. Stay tuned for a video review in a couple of weeks of head time.
Initial results are great! The comfort is unrivaled in the closed-back arena, plenty of room for larger ears. The tips of mine barely touch the driver foam, and even then, I feel no pain at all - these are the most comfy closed-cans I've ever worn. I find the sound to be almost exactly like the open K702 in the highs and mids. Expect vocals and instruments in those areas to almost have a thin-like feel to them, they don't sound full and heavy (my preferable sound) like the Crossfade LP's or the Pro700MK2's. Bass is there, you can hear it and it is tight and goes fairly deep but doesn't pound.
However the bass feels just slightly above neutral to me, like the K702 with a +2 boost to all frequencies lower than 500Hz. They are extremely clear right out of the box, and leakage is incredibly controlled. It handles leakage of your tunes like a champ - I have it currently blasting right now stretched on the box they came in cooking them with Xzibit's "Hey Now" at around 112db in the cup - they emit a soft tone of the music - in fact they are almost neck and neck with the Pro700MK2's.
I'm going to start my own thread with these now...
- New! AKG K550 Unboxing Video
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 36 seconds ago
- › Who is thinking of buying the Schiit Yggdrasil? 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 4 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 8 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2