Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › What is a good battery replacement for the stock battery in Fiio E11?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What is a good battery replacement for the stock battery in Fiio E11? - Page 3

post #31 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth3si View Post

I jsut cycled it once. that discharge session lasted around 15 hours or more....now i just fully discharged it again at 10 hours! WTH it lasts just as long as the old battery so is it defective ?...lol i just told the seller a few days ago i was gong to test for any defects well there we have it...it's gonna cost a heluva lot mroe than the product itself to send it back...ugh

any thoughts?

You need to keeps all the setting constant between different battery run to have a valid baseline for comparison. If you don't know how to do it, check out my E11's review on the battery test section. If you did keep all the setting the same, try doing the battery run a few time. Also, let the battery charges for slightly longer.
Edited by ClieOS - 3/29/12 at 2:11am
post #32 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post


You need to keeps all the setting constant between different battery run to have a valid baseline for comparison. If you don't know how to do it, check out my E11's review on the battery test section. If you did keep all the setting the same, try doing the battery run a few time. Also, let the battery charges for slightly longer.


Good article...

 

 

Well.. my settings were the same on both cycles, except for the volume which fluctuated between 2 and 3. Based on your battery test section, my configuration is more like a hybrid combination of your 1st and 2nd configuration tests: high power mode, low gain mode, Lvl 2 bass boost, volume 1.5-2.5 using 80 ohms headphone.
 
As for the battery charge, I left it on charge overnight.
 
Right now I've just begun my third cycle, that is, I'm on my third discharge session and so far it's been discharging for 40 minutes. Once it fully discharges tomorrow or Saturday I'll post here to let you know how long it lasted. Then I'll fully recharge it overnight, thus completing the cycle for the third time.
 
I also find it a bit confusing for you to advise against completely draining out the battery for any purposes yet recommending me to 'cycle' the battery for the first few times (or 1-2 times every month or two,) which requires me to use out the battery.

Edited by Stealth3si - 3/29/12 at 7:39pm
post #33 of 46
My advise is against completely cycle the battery all the time every time, as that will shorten the battery life and possibly over-drain that battery if you are not careful. Li-ion actually like to be charged often. However, if you don't cycle at all, the chemical inside the battery will degrade by itself - so the solution is to cycle it from time to time, just not too often, and that'll keep the battery active for a longer period of time. The reason to cycle it on the first use is because the battery is in storage for a while before you get it, so you need to cycle it a few times to activate all the chemical inside. This is called conditioning the battery.
post #34 of 46

I usually don't let my battery drop below 50% before each charge. then only once a month fully discharge by letting run flat (or below 25%). It's better for your battery's life span if you ask me. So charging every second day seems to work well.  


Edited by H20Fidelity - 3/29/12 at 11:39pm
post #35 of 46

I bought a few BL-5B batteries from a top rated eBay seller; the price was very good.

They all took a charge.  I carry a couple of them in a small zipper pouch - if the battery

in my E11 happens to run out of juice, I know I've got charged backups with me.

 

 

post #36 of 46
Thread Starter 

The third discharge session lasted 10 hours 40 minutes.

 

I'm going to let it recharge over night. Right now it's 9:45pm and I'll unplug the charge cable tomorrow either morning time or just before sunset.

 

Should I use it out again to see if I get more hours or do you think this is the most I'll get out of it?


Edited by Stealth3si - 3/31/12 at 9:46pm
post #37 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth3si View Post

The third discharge session lasted 10 hours 40 minutes.

 

I'm going to let it recharge over night. Right now it's 9:45pm and I'll unplug the charge cable tomorrow either morning time or just before sunset.

 

Should I use it out again to see if I get more hours or do you think this is the most I'll get out of it?



I think you're good to go now. Just use it normally. wink_face.gif

post #38 of 46
It is unlikely you will get more than what you already have.
post #39 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post



I think you're good to go now. Just use it normally. wink_face.gif



Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

It is unlikely you will get more than what you already have.


 

 


 

OK. Thanks.

 

Weird though ..I'm curious about this...confused.gif

 

based on ClieOS's battery tests, a configuration of high power, high gain, Lvl 2 bass boost, volume 4, on 32ohm dynamic IEM, the E11 lasted around 14-15 hours on a stock 800mAH battery full drain.

 

His conclusion was the E11 should easily last longer than the quoted 10 hours.

 

Mine however seems to be struggling to barely last 10 hours using a 1400mAH-2050mAH battery full drain within a very similar configuration that I'm on:

 

It is high power, low gain, bass boost level 2, volume 2-2.5 on 80 ohm headphones.

 

Obviously, the only differences in my config is the low gain mode and 80 ohm headphone and based on this I figured mine would've lasted about the same 14-15 hour range.

 

Now, I don't doubt ClieOS's knowledge because he seems to know what he's talking about but it would appear either

 

a.) my FiiO E11 is defective

b.) the new battery is defective

c.) both are defective

-or-

d.) a Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 really drains power quickly.

 

Is my situation normal or could there be somethin 'fishy' going on here....


Edited by Stealth3si - 4/1/12 at 12:56am
post #40 of 46
What is there so hard to understand? DT770 Pro 80 has a full size transducer (>30mm, probably >50mm as I don't know the spec) and relatively low sensitivity (96dB) with while my 32 ohm IEM has a <10mm transducer and >110dB in sensitivity. The difference in size of the voice coil alone will mean the Beyer will suck up a lot more current than my IEM. You can't really compare how a full size behaves to an IEM, that's just simple physics and electronics.
post #41 of 46

Dude, it's a battery.  Charge it.  Use it.  Recharge it.  Repeat.

post #42 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

What is there so hard to understand? DT770 Pro 80 has a full size transducer (>30mm, probably >50mm as I don't know the spec) and relatively low sensitivity (96dB) with while my 32 ohm IEM has a <10mm transducer and >110dB in sensitivity. The difference in size of the voice coil alone will mean the Beyer will suck up a lot more current than my IEM. You can't really compare how a full size behaves to an IEM, that's just simple physics and electronics.


Nothing actually.

 

That's what I thought!

 

Come to think of it the old battery didn't last as long this one, probably 2-4 hours less IIRC.

 

Guess I'll just recharge it every 1-2 nights and cycle it every 3 weeks (which works out to be once every month and two times a month every other month.) smily_headphones1.gif


Edited by Stealth3si - 4/1/12 at 11:05am
post #43 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSatch View Post

Dude, it's a battery.  Charge it.  Use it.  Recharge it.  Repeat.


 

Don't be an intelligent donkey. just dont wanna leave any pebble or stone unturned...


Edited by Stealth3si - 4/1/12 at 10:52am
post #44 of 46

I'm a moron.  :basshead:  Apologies to ClieOS.


Edited by TnTzDad - 2/28/14 at 6:29pm
post #45 of 46
NVM.
 
Please read back carefully. E11 uses BL-5B, not BL-5C.

Edited by ClieOS - 2/28/14 at 10:03pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › What is a good battery replacement for the stock battery in Fiio E11?