currently have original cx300, but:
1. like them but they're my first, find myself want to "hear more of the sounds", specially the "rich changing sounds", but if i'm adjusting the volume, bass is taking control.
2. they're gonna die soon (wax, tear in wire)
3. music - most of the time "rich psy-trance-rock" like shpongle and infected mushroom, rest of time seal\enigma\joe cocker\bon jovi. i like that music because all the changes, guitars, synthesizers etc. but i need "rythm" (=some bass?) too...
4. need less grills exposure (most of the day with them, ear wax happenes...), cx300 is terrible
5. budget - ~70$, not from usa so need to add shipping costs most of the time
6. durable, build quality, i wouldn't use warranty, sending my iem over the sea takes month+ to get it back. cx300 were good at that point
7. isolation - using the iem for isolation while studying
two i came across:
etymotic mc5, although little expensive from ebay (buds - good for me?, but deeper than usual/cx300? lack of bass?)
Beyerdynamic dtx 71 (101 little over the budget)
but really looking forward to recommendations, not (only) between those two
prefer not: chinesd accepted the comments :)
looked in the chart, dunno if the prices are updated.
Edited by aner - 3/4/12 at 2:38pm