or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The hate on beats, why?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The hate on beats, why? - Page 55  

post #811 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 

 

Are my eyes deceiving me, or is that a crooked Beats logo on the cable I see? To be more specific, it looks offset in the counterclockwise direction.

 

I cannot imagine how you can judge that from that picture. 

post #812 of 1217
http://www.electronics1112.com/product.asp?classid=12 this site lol. That's absolute crap. No way are they going to sell AKG K712's for 37$... Especially since it says its a Chinese factory, yet AKG K712's are made in Austria.
post #813 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

I cannot imagine how you can judge that from that picture. 

How about now?

 

Which reminds me; I bought a pair of replica Futura Beats Solo HD from Shenzhen for about $50 (incl. EMS) in December last year, and the Beats logo on both earcups were crooked!

 

So I corrected it...

 

...Then nek minnit:

 

:Facepalm:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

http://www.electronics1112.com/product.asp?classid=12 this site lol. That's absolute crap. No way are they going to sell AKG K712's for 37$... Especially since it says its a Chinese factory, yet AKG K712's are made in Austria.

But didn't AKG move some of their operations to China?

post #814 of 1217
post #815 of 1217

That pic, zoomed in, is CRAZY blurry. You can't make any kinda judgments on alignment from that.

post #816 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post

 

But didn't AKG move some of their operations to China?

Yes, they did; now, the Q701s have Austrian-made and China-made models floating around in the market. As for the higher-end, I'm not sure...

post #817 of 1217

I plan to offer a zillion Beats Solo headphones to the most virulent hater of Beats...

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

The virulent Beats-hater will not be put off by the "Sold As-Is for Parts-Repair No Returns," as he will claim that NO Beats Solo headphones ever worked, so therefore this collection is in "like new" condition and will be most appreciative of my present.

post #818 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

That pic, zoomed in, is CRAZY blurry. You can't make any kinda judgments on alignment from that.

That's why my eyes may be deceiving me. It was just something that I thought looked out of place.

 

So unless a non-blurry picture can settle this once and for all...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayandjohn View Post
 

I plan to offer a zillion Beats Solo headphones to the most virulent hater of Beats...

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

The virulent Beats-hater will not be put off by the "Sold As-Is for Parts-Repair No Returns," as he will claim that NO Beats Solo headphones ever worked, so therefore this collection is in "like new" condition and will be most appreciative of my present.

Most of those Solos are broken where it is most commonly broken and what most people want fixed - the headband where the stainless steel brackets are on either side of the top cushion. Drivers are rarely blown, so that leaves the headphone jack and the ear cushions.

 

No thanks!


Edited by vantt1 - 5/24/14 at 8:47pm
post #819 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post

That...looks cheap as hell. Like someone put self adhesive rhinestones all over it.

Like this:




Are my eyes deceiving me, or is that a crooked Beats logo on the cable I see? To be more specific, it looks offset in the counterclockwise direction.

I once bought some replacement Beats cables with inline remote from eBay - obviously they weren't genuine. They were badly molded, the cable wasn't as thick nor as red and the Beats logo was slightly offset counterclockwise.

Top=eBay
Bottom=from Beats Executive





No, I hate to say it, but the zx100s sound worse than even the Beats Solo.

Ain't nothin cheap about crystal rocked stuff and as for lookin cheap - guess that your personal opinion.

It's not your eyes playing tricks on you - it's your mind - fake beats - moi?

I've never been so insulted by such an absurd insinuation before in my life! eek.gif

How dare you mad.gif You are clearly madder than a box of frogs and need immediate psychiatric attention biggrin.gif

OJ wink.gif

But in all seriousness - no my beats are totally legit and genuine - all bought from authorised beats retailers in UK, who are listed on official beats site as recommended retailers wink.gif
Edited by cb3723 - 5/24/14 at 11:05pm
post #820 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post

Yes, they did; now, the Q701s have Austrian-made and China-made models floating around in the market. As for the higher-end, I'm not sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post

That's why my eyes may be deceiving me. It was just something that I thought looked out of place.

So unless a non-blurry picture can settle this once and for all...

Most of those Solos are broken where it is most commonly broken and what most people want fixed - the headband where the stainless steel brackets are on either side of the top cushion. Drivers are rarely blown, so that leaves the headphone jack and the ear cushions.

No thanks!
the k712 and up is still made in Austria... And vantt, do you seriously think CB doesn't have a legit pair of solos? He probably bought them new from a store or something. If he has an hd800, k812, etc, I'm certain his solo is real... Unless EVERYTHING IS FAKE!!!... But, for all those fake headphones, it would cost well over a few thousand $$$. Naw. They's legit canz.
post #821 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post



the k712 and up is still made in Austria... And vantt, do you seriously think CB doesn't have a legit pair of solos? He probably bought them new from a store or something. If he has an hd800, k812, etc, I'm certain his solo is real... Unless EVERYTHING IS FAKE!!!... But, for all those fake headphones, it would cost well over a few thousand $$$. Naw. They's legit canz.

 

nah dawg weont rock no fakez ova hurr dawg.  errthang round meee bought cash muneh dawg.  yeont know bout dis lyfe mane.  We outchea.  Straight MOBBIN'.

 

 

My uncle unknowingly bought a pair of fake Studios (the old ones) for my birthday, and they sounded exactly the same as the real ones.  Personally, if I were to buy a pair, I'd rather buy a pair of fake Mixrs than spend the extra money on the real ones if they sound exactly the same.

post #822 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post


So unless a non-blurry picture can settle this once and for all...

imagejpg1-12.jpg

Below photos taken with flash used


23695279-5de8-45e3-9a8f-dbe695520109.jpg
DSC_3087.jpg

Below photos taken without flash

DSC_3074.jpg
DSC_3069.jpg
DSC_3106.jpg

HAPPY NOW? rolleyes.giftongue.gifwink.gif



Edited by cb3723 - 5/25/14 at 12:13am
post #823 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkitZ0 View Post

nah dawg weont rock no fakez ova hurr dawg.  errthang round meee bought cash muneh dawg.  yeont know bout dis lyfe mane.  We outchea.  Straight MOBBIN'.


My uncle unknowingly bought a pair of fake Studios (the old ones) for my birthday, and they sounded exactly the same as the real ones.  Personally, if I were to buy a pair, I'd rather buy a pair of fake Mixrs than spend the extra money on the real ones if they sound exactly the same.
Sorry dawg, but all my beats are originals


DSC_27142.jpg
DSC_27062.jpg
DSC_27372.jpg
DSC_2704.jpg
DSC_27922.jpg
DSC_27962.jpg
DSC_27852.jpg
DSC_27812.jpg[IMG]DSC_2769.jpg
DSC_27782.jpg
DSC_27622.jpg
DSC_27572.jpg
DSC_2755.jpg
DSC_2767.jpg

Edited by cb3723 - 5/25/14 at 12:53am
post #824 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post
 

HAPPY NOW? rolleyes.giftongue.gifwink.gif
 

Yep, I'm as happy as Larry, no doubt about it! 

 

It's just that I know someone from New Zealand that has replicas of nearly the whole Beats lineup, and it changed my perspective a bit.

 

Sorry if it implied any accusations...


Edited by vantt1 - 5/25/14 at 12:40am
post #825 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post

Yep, I'm as happy as Larry, no doubt about it! 

It's just that I know someone from New Zealand that has replicas of nearly the whole Beats lineup, and it changed my perspective a bit.

Sorry if it implied any accusations...

No probs wink.gif

Personally, I'd rather go without than have a fake headphone, regardless of brand - but that's just me and I'm certainly not looking down or judging anybody who does own fake cans - it down to the individual at the end of the day..

I've bought fake designer clothes before, years ago, but I just felt - fake for wearing them and either ended up throwing them away or using them if I was doing some work in the house like painting a room or whatever.

But from what I understand - beats is one of if not the most counterfeited electronics brand in the world - there may be just as much if not more fakes than originals owned/being sold globally confused_face_2.gif

Knowingly being sold fake beats is an informed choice whether one agrees or disagrees with it, but I feel sorry for people who are sold fakes misleadingly as originals, usually on the second hand market, that just crooked and why I only ever buy beats new and from authorised dealers/vendors/stores.

You never steal if you keep it real cool.gif


Edited by cb3723 - 5/25/14 at 1:37am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The hate on beats, why?