or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The hate on beats, why?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The hate on beats, why? - Page 54  

post #796 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidsbums View Post

I get what you mean.............. But i'm probably going to blow my extremely long fuse at some point (when someone says "Sennheisers are just for old men with old ears").

But Sennheiser's are for old men with ears - didn't you know that?

My god!

Even my 11 year old son knows that and he knew that when he was was 10!

Look - I own a few sets if Sennheiser's, but that's ok as I'm 105 years old, but didn't get my first pair until I was 90 yrs old.

My hearing started to go when I was in my mid 80's but docs managed to bring it back to full strength with prescribing a daily dose of beats by dr playing hip hop.

Don't you kids know anything these days?

Not like when I was a lad, yada, yada, yada tongue.gifbiggrin.gifrolleyes.gif
post #797 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post



interesting! How good is the v-moda cable compared to those? I'm thinking about telling my friend to get one... Oh, and aidsburns, I'm going to get an actual job this summer to maybe buy a flagship can. I'm thinking k812. Easy to drive, extremely detailed (and brutally revealing, even compared to hd800... Apparently the most brutally revealing dynamic headphone today. Note: not the best. The best is any headphone you think is the best. Its opinion.)... Maybe not a great soundstage, but I've been told it needs 2000 hours of burn in to be at full potential. O_O I just want to get that insane detail and revealing power they are said to have.

Hahaha wow, they're like £1500 on Amazon and they weight 390g!!

 

But they dooo look slick

post #798 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post


But Sennheiser's are for old men with ears - didn't you know that?

My god!

Even my 11 year old son knows that and he knew that when he was was 10!

Look - I own a few sets if Sennheiser's, but that's ok as I'm 105 years old, but didn't get my first pair until I was 90 yrs old.

My hearing started to go when I was in my mid 80's but docs managed to bring it back to full strength with prescribing a daily dose of beats by dr playing hip hop.

Don't you kids know anything these days?

Not like when I was a lad, yada, yada, yada tongue.gifbiggrin.gifrolleyes.gif

Hahaha this is why i like this website

post #799 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkitZ0 View Post

Considering those are marketed towards kids - "appropriate for ages 3 and up" - those can slide........especially considering a 3-year-old shouldn't have a device other than a really cheap iPod that plays music in the first place.  I didn't even get an iPod 'til I was 13.  And it was the Mini.  AND I had to share it with my mom.  AND it only held 4GB of music.  BACK IN MAH DAAY!!!! :P

ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!

A few months ago I heard every single Beats headphone (on-ear and over-ear) they offer at a Best Buy that's close to a university I attend.  Personally, I really like the Mixrs.  They sound like my Ultrasone DJ1 but are more harsh (which I don't like for listening but works well for DJ'ing), love the look, and I was actually surprised they sounded so well.  So, in my honest opinion, the order of sound quality goes:

Mixr, Beats Pro (they sound exactly like my Ultrasone DJ1 except a bit less bass), the new Studios (MUCH better than the old ones), Executive, the old Studios, gonorrhea, being trampled, being stabbed, being castrated, brain dead, HD Solos.  Why would anyone in their right mind buy the HD Solos?  What are you, deaf?  Literally, you'd have to be legally deaf in order to think the HD Solos sound decent.  I skipped out on the wireless model.  I have a feeling they're just the same as the Solos, but wireless.  If that's the case, no thank you.  I'll take cyanide instead.

I also got a chance to play with the Beats Pill.  Not sure which model but it was pretty big and, again at Best Buy (this time it was the GTA V launch party).  They were decent with anything that has a Rap/Hip-Hop beat, so Rap/Hip-Hop (duh) and EDM Trap sound pretty good.  Anything else was pure garbage...........and still better than the Solo's.  I REALLY hate the Solos.

My GF used to own the solos. Not the HD.. Never again.
post #800 of 1217
Vmoda on x1 tighter bass, better clarity compared to x1cable.
X1 cable on x1 has a warm feel, slightly bigger sound stage imo.
Beats cable on x1 gives off punchier bass (just right for me), clarity is somewhat between x1 cable's and vmoda's.

Beats cable on beats pros has a strong bass, deep, and abit muddy imo.
Vmoda cable on beats pros has tighter overall sound, less bass compared to beats cable, somewhat better clarity and highs, sound stage imo is smaller
X1 cable on beats pros has slightly better bass than vmodas, less than beats cable, way better clarity than beats cable, maybe equal clarity as vmodas, slightly bigger or maybe equal sound stage as beats cable
post #801 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post

But the Detox ones say "Dr. Dre Detox" on the back of the headband! That's definitely worth the extra €100, right? Besides, the Detox has a black Beats logo as well. The full black Pros have a silver one, making it more obvious that you have swag.

Its all about dem swag, biatches, moneh, carz and dem beats YO!
post #802 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilspeed111 View Post


Its all about dem swag, biatches, moneh, carz and dem beats YO!

You just summarized life in one sentence ;)

post #803 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiriG View Post

You just summarized life in one sentence wink.gif

Yeah, life if you're a shallow, immature *******. Harrumph.
post #804 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilspeed111 View Post


My GF used to own the solos. Not the HD.. Never again.

 

I feel sorry for you.  My roommate's gf doesn't even like Beats.  I taught her well :P

post #805 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilspeed111 View Post

Its all about dem swag, biatches, moneh, carz and dem beats YO!

Crystal Rocked with swarzovski crystals is hardcore bling for sure - it's like a level up from standard bling - gangsta bling - even if you crystal rocked Sennheiser HD800's, STAX 009's etc - compared to beats, any model, when c.rocked - always win - no exceptions - beats c .rocked owners drop ice cubes due to the uber cool effect of rockin it with crystal beats style cool.gif



post #806 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post















@aidsbums that headphone to the left of the HD800 weighs about 480g if I Remember correctly. Those were Hawaiibadboy's pictures of his favorite headphones in a size comparison.
post #807 of 1217
Hey! What's with the Solo HD hating? My monochromatic's are good for mobile on the move cans smily_headphones1.gif



Guess haters just gonna H8...
post #808 of 1217

I may need to give them another shot. The one pair I tried I was just really underwhelmed by. 

post #809 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post

Hey! What's with the Solo HD hating? My monochromatic's are good for mobile on the move cans smily_headphones1.gif



Guess haters just gonna H8...
The solo's= bad. As bad as the Sony MDR-ZX100's if my memory from trying them is correct... Solo HD? I'll have to try them...
post #810 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post


Crystal Rocked with swarzovski crystals is hardcore bling for sure - it's like a level up from standard bling - gangsta bling - even if you crystal rocked Sennheiser HD800's, STAX 009's etc - compared to beats, any model, when c.rocked - always win - no exceptions - beats c .rocked owners drop ice cubes due to the uber cool effect of rockin it with crystal beats style cool.gif


 

That...looks cheap as hell. Like someone put self adhesive rhinestones all over it.

 

Like this:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post
 
Hey! What's with the Solo HD hating? My monochromatic's are good for mobile on the move cans smily_headphones1.gif



Guess haters just gonna H8...

Are my eyes deceiving me, or is that a crooked Beats logo on the cable I see? To be more specific, it looks offset in the counterclockwise direction.

 

I once bought some replacement Beats cables with inline remote from eBay - obviously they weren't genuine. They were badly molded, the cable wasn't as thick nor as red and the Beats logo was slightly offset counterclockwise.

 

Top=eBay

Bottom=from Beats Executive

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post


The solo's= bad. As bad as the Sony MDR-ZX100's if my memory from trying them is correct... Solo HD? I'll have to try them...

No, I hate to say it, but the zx100s sound worse than even the Beats Solo.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The hate on beats, why?