or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The hate on beats, why?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The hate on beats, why? - Page 50  

post #736 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post

Sounds about right. I feel more or less the same about those pictures...I don't know how to explain it.

I never knew Beats released a silver version of the Wireless 1.0. Beats, Y U do dis? I thought they were fake when I first saw it in real life. It has the same color scheme as the silver Studios (silver + matte gray earcups), but the Beats logo is red, not gray, which is something usually a counterfeit would do.






Yeah, I've the silver wireless - they were an Apple store exclusive when I got mine but available everywhere now.

http://bit.ly/1nir3oG
http://bit.ly/RYSYM7
http://bit.ly/1nirpvz

You can also get the wireless in red and navy blue too.
Edited by cb3723 - 5/22/14 at 8:51pm
post #737 of 1217
For me it's about getting the best bang for your buck and not paying extra just for a 'cool' brand name. Being a slave to labels strikes me as immature and shallow. Good quality sound has always been enjoyable and exciting to me for some reason, ever since I was mucking around with seperate components like the Marantz CD65SE cd player and Pioneer A400 amp. I used to favour Monster speaker cable and interconnects too. Of course we all know the best loudspeakers are made in the UK. Mission floorstanders were always a favourite of mine. I was wearing Sennheiser HD212 pros in public and getting funny looks back when Monster Beats were a gleam in Dre's eye. Anyway to conclude this ramble I'm glad Apple paid through the nose for Beats. The two most overpriced consumer products should be a match made in heaven for the sheep with more money than sense.
Edited by Vero Golf Champ - 5/22/14 at 9:32pm
post #738 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vero Golf Champ View Post

For me it's about getting the best bang for your buck and not paying extra just for a 'cool' brand name. Being a slave to labels strikes me as immature and shallow. Good quality sound has always been enjoyable and exciting to me for some reason, ever since I was mucking around with seperate components like the Marantz CD65SE cd player and Pioneer A400 amp. I used to favour Monster speaker cable and interconnects too. Of course we all know the best loudspeakers are made in the UK. Mission floorstanders were always a favourite of mine. I was wearing Sennheiser HD220s in public and getting funny looks back when Monster Beats were a gleam in Dre's eye. Anyway to conclude this ramble I'm glad Apple paid through the nose for Beats. The two most overpriced consumer products should be a match made in heaven for the sheep with more money than sense.

Each to their own, don't you agree?
post #739 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post

Each to their own, don't you agree?

Agree totally. I may not agree with someone's choices or views but I will fight to the death for free speech and freedom.
post #740 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post


Yeah, I've the silver wireless - they were an Apple store exclusive when I got mine but available everywhere now.

http://bit.ly/1nir3oG
http://bit.ly/RYSYM7
http://bit.ly/1nirpvz

You can also get the wireless in red and navy blue too.

Red and Blue too? Man...

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vero Golf Champ View Post

For me it's about getting the best bang for your buck and not paying extra just for a 'cool' brand name. Being a slave to labels strikes me as immature and shallow. Good quality sound has always been enjoyable and exciting to me for some reason, ever since I was mucking around with seperate components like the Marantz CD65SE cd player and Pioneer A400 amp. I used to favour Monster speaker cable and interconnects too. Of course we all know the best loudspeakers are made in the UK. Mission floorstanders were always a favourite of mine. I was wearing Sennheiser HD220s in public and getting funny looks back when Monster Beats were a gleam in Dre's eye. Anyway to conclude this ramble I'm glad Apple paid through the nose for Beats. The two most overpriced consumer products should be a match made in heaven for the sheep with more money than sense.

 

Each to their own, don't you agree?

Pffft, "the best". You're using it like it's an objective term, like it's something that is agreed upon by everyone (we), Golf Champ.


Edited by vantt1 - 5/22/14 at 9:04pm
post #741 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post


Each to their own, don't you agree?

Isn't it "To each their own"?

 

I guess it works either way


Edited by vantt1 - 5/22/14 at 9:06pm
post #742 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 

Pffft, "the best". You're using it like it's an objective term, like it's something that is agreed upon by everyone (we), Golf Champ.

But what loudspeakers are made in the UK? Wharfedale? 

My dad has a pair of Diamond 9.1s for the home theater rig. They sound better than all of my current headphones combined. 

post #743 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post
 

But what loudspeakers are made in the UK? Wharfedale? 

My dad has a pair of Diamond 9.1s for the home theater rig. They sound better than all of my current headphones combined. 

 Xiaomi Piston MK301 | Razer Kraken Pro | Beats Pro

 

Well maybe the Beats Pro has a subtracting effect??

post #744 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post

Red and Blue too? Man...






Pffft, "the best". You're using it like it's an objective term, like it's something that is agreed upon by everyone (we), Golf Champ.

Fair play, things may have changed a bit over the last decade or two. That comment was somewhat tongue in cheek. Plus I guess I meant designed in the UK as everything is manufactured in Asia these days.
Edited by Vero Golf Champ - 5/22/14 at 9:37pm
post #745 of 1217

Featuring the Beats Mixr

 

post #746 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearMe View Post
 

 

Best deal in my stable of headphones...$40 for M80s...listen to them as much if not more than the DT1350s

The only seller in the Netherlands asks 200 euro's for them, not sure if they are worth that..

Of course if you can get such a great deal, I'd buy them too.

post #747 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post

Featuring the Beats Mixr




That just might be the bestest ever video on YouTube - all of it (all of YT, even where the rubbish videos are kept right at the back).....

Maybe, just maybe, one day, a video will be needed to save humanity from global calamity....

...and I think this might be THE one...

...and...

it...

....featured..

a spoof DJay wearing....

BLACK

...MIXR...

beats by d..

...r dr...

.....

..e...


...awesome....biggrin.gif

I always type th

is way w

hen lost

for wo

rds
Edited by cb3723 - 5/22/14 at 11:54pm
post #748 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vero Golf Champ View Post

Fair play, things may have changed a bit over the last decade or two. That comment was somewhat tongue in cheek. Plus I guess I meant designed in the UK as everything is manufactured in Asia these days.


Some of these speakers top 1 million USD!

It would be cheaper to hire the orchestra/band to play live at your house than playback a recording through these absurdly priced speakers - makes you wonder how many pairs of over a million dollar speakers these manufacturers actually sell a year, and what would be even more interesting would be to know the actual build price compared to the retail price, I'd guess the manufacturers mark up is astronomic.
Edited by cb3723 - 5/23/14 at 12:04am
post #749 of 1217

So I went on the website for Cessaro audio, and in the description it says

 

Now, for one million dollars, you could buy a set of speakers "comparable to live music"...

 

or you could literally buy the group performing the music.

post #750 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapster View Post

So I went on the website for Cessaro audio, and in the description it says



Now, for one million dollars, you could buy a set of speakers "comparable to live music"...

or you could literally buy the group performing the music.

Yeah, that was my same point.

I remember watching some TV show about Versace, just after he was shot dead outside his home, and the show was talking to celebrities and journalists who knew him. One journalist who'd been invited to Versace's mansion where he hosted after fashion show parties noted that the music that was being played was not via a music system through top end speakers, but a full blown orchestra assembled in a room adjacent to the party.

After all - you can't get a better sound than the live musicians playing for you, right?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The hate on beats, why?