or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The hate on beats, why?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The hate on beats, why? - Page 49  

post #721 of 1217

Headphone stands are dang nice. I'm not a fan of letting pricier headphones lie on their sides. 

post #722 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

It's simple validation, and it's why people get so mad at others for thinking Beats are great: it infuriates them that other people don't recognize how superior their headphones are. Someone talking to a Beats fanatic has zero interest in "educating" that person, because that person is perfectly happy with what they own. What the "audiophile" is attempting to do is assert their superiority by knocking that Beats acolyte off his high horse and saying "you see? MY headphones are BETTER than yours!"

That's why Beats get such hate, for the most part. There is a small contingency who see Beats as "stealing" the business of better brands, but these people are just incorrect. The reality is that thanks to Beats (and, to a lesser extent, Skullcandy and V-Moda) bringing expensive headphones out of the hobbyist specialty store and into Best Buy, they've turned high quality mobile audio into something for the average consumer to put money into. How many people now do you think own Sennheiser, Audeze, Final Audio, Stax, Westone, HiFiman, or Shure thanks to the doors being blown open of spending $300+ on headphones? Think of how many on this VERY FORUM admit that they initially had Beats and Skullcandy as teens.

Sometimes I really honestly do think people, for all their audiophilia, are into the hobby for reasons other than maximizing their personal enjoyment of music. I have my PH6 and I think they're the mutt's nuts, but if someone says they like something else better I don't see any reason to fight with them over it. If I win... what? I just made someone feel bad about something they had previously enjoyed. If I lose, then I just looked like a dipstick for no good reason. 

Good points raised.

It was Monster Beats wireless cans that got me started in this hobby of sorts, that eventually led me here at head-fi smily_headphones1.gif


DSC_2963.jpg
post #723 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post

Are those the Neon ones? They look nice!

Yeah - here's a photo I took of full neon range including the original black, white and red colours - the limited edition rose gold mixr's weren't released at time I took photo smily_headphones1.gif



AND THESE BELOW ARE THE ROSE GOLD MIXR'S

DSCF61992.jpg
DSCF61982.jpg

Edited by cb3723 - 5/22/14 at 5:16pm
post #724 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickleweed View Post

and why does this bother any of you?  dont buy them then and be done with it :/
you guys are really bothered over sennheisers shelf space?

honestly, i wonder how many things you guys buy that get everyone else riled up because the value doesnt add up to them?  

i hope you guys dont own gibson guitars
or buy rice krispies instead of crispy rice
or buy nikes over asics

and on, and on, and on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonzeanse View Post


But this thread was asking why people hate Beats. I don't have a problem with people discussing why Beats is a poor value and which brands deserve more recognition than another. However, your last point I can more than agree with. Hostility towards Beats owners is fatiguing. They're the most popular brand, you're not going to see only one person on the street wearing them, so just let it go, folks.

Personally, I can name one very overrated headphone that actually comes from a respectable manufacturer, which I think genuinely gets too much hype - including from people who have never listened to a pair. You might have heard of them: ATH-M50s. They're not a bad headphone by any stretch of the imagination, but among audio communities, they're the oh-so-amazing darling headphone. It might as well be Beats.

But who am I to judge, ultimately? Not my money. I just won't buy a pair, like you said.
I had a pair of 60$ asics... They fell apart after 2 months of light use. I bought a 60$ pair of Nike's, and they've lasted me 7 months so far. My last pair of Nike's lasted me 11 months, and then I outgrew them. Asics aren't good imo... But the rice krispy analogy? I can 100% agree with. And... Yeah. Ath-m50's have 8db of extra bass relative to the midrange. Beats studio 2.0's are about the same as that.
post #725 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilspeed111 View Post

Well I shouldn't judge without hearing them, but from what I've read most people said they are overpriced.. Sorry if I'm wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post

I think he gets review sets on loan from the store he used to own, Headroom, in Bozeman, Montana.

Yeah, I don't think beats have Tyll on their loaner/reviewer list, even though it's only the first model of beats solo that he's really ever cut into out of the beats he has reviewed biggrin.gif

The only other headphone I've seen Tyll rip into is the ULTRASONE Edition 10 which retail over $2500 USD.

you'd think tyll was getting his fingers cut off... And, v-moda's response points towards them sounding similar to beats studio 2.0's.
post #726 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

 

It's simple validation, and it's why people get so mad at others for thinking Beats are great: it infuriates them that other people don't recognize how superior their headphones are. Someone talking to a Beats fanatic has zero interest in "educating" that person, because that person is perfectly happy with what they own. What the "audiophile" is attempting to do is assert their superiority by knocking that Beats acolyte off his high horse and saying "you see? MY headphones are BETTER than yours!"

 

That's why Beats get such hate, for the most part. There is a small contingency who see Beats as "stealing" the business of better brands, but these people are just incorrect. The reality is that thanks to Beats (and, to a lesser extent, Skullcandy and V-Moda) bringing expensive headphones out of the hobbyist specialty store and into Best Buy, they've turned high quality mobile audio into something for the average consumer to put money into. How many people now do you think own Sennheiser, Audeze, Final Audio, Stax, Westone, HiFiman, or Shure thanks to the doors being blown open of spending $300+ on headphones? Think of how many on this VERY FORUM admit that they initially had Beats and Skullcandy as teens.

 

Sometimes I really honestly do think people, for all their audiophilia, are into the hobby for reasons other than maximizing their personal enjoyment of music. I have my PH6 and I think they're the mutt's nuts, but if someone says they like something else better I don't see any reason to fight with them over it. If I win... what? I just made someone feel bad about something they had previously enjoyed. If I lose, then I just looked like a dipstick for no good reason. 

That is a good summary of why people hate Beats.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post


Good points raised.

It was Monster Beats wireless cans that got me started in this hobby of sorts, that eventually led me here at head-fi smily_headphones1.gif
 

DSC_2963.jpg

Coincidentally, the original black Monster Beats Studios was what got me into this kinda stuff. They're heavily modified now (as some of you here may already know) to have a carbon fiber textured finish, chrome text and Bluetooth, too. The original ANC circuit was removed, so now they sound completely different.

 

 

It only has a single play/pause/power button, which is the Beats logo, but removing the cover reveals more buttons inside.

 

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post


Yeah - here's a photo I took of full neon range including the original black, white and red colours - the limited edition rose gold mixr's weren't released at time I took photo smily_headphones1.gif
 


AND THESE BELOW ARE THE ROSE GOLD MIXR'S

DSCF61992.jpg
DSCF61982.jpg

Gotta catch'em all! You should collect the new matte Solos too, or even the old color Studios, since they should be much cheaper now. I only have the black Monster Beats Studios and the silver non-Monster Studios, and I'm reluctant to buy any more, since they're known to break easily at the headband.

 

Sneaky branding differences here:

post #727 of 1217
My friend has original monster beats studios... Wow, do they have a lot of variations and models (but that's just cosmetics.) Not as much as AKG with the k240 tho. There's sextett early, middle, and late, monitor, K240DF, k240 studio, k240 studio mkII, K240 studio after the switch to Chinese factories from Austrian factories... And probably more. What other headphones have a giant amount of variations? And, what do they sound like without the ANC? Is it really that much of a change? And do you know what they sound like without all the amp circuitry etc. And just running off of dap etc power?
post #728 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post

That is a good summary of why people hate Beats.

Coincidentally, the original black Monster Beats Studios was what got me into this kinda stuff. They're heavily modified now (as some of you here may already know) to have a carbon fiber textured finish, chrome text and Bluetooth, too. The original ANC circuit was removed, so now they sound completely different.




It only has a single play/pause/power button, which is the Beats logo, but removing the cover reveals more buttons inside.









Gotta catch'em all! You should collect the new matte Solos too, or even the old color Studios, since they should be much cheaper now. I only have the black Monster Beats Studios and the silver non-Monster Studios, and I'm reluctant to buy any more, since they're known to break easily at the headband.

Sneaky branding differences here:




Cool pics - you have some serious modding skills - if I attempted anything even remotely similar - I'd reduce them to inoperable pieces of junk by heavy bodge jobbing them, lol biggrin.gif

New matt solo HD's - do you refer to the "monochromatic drenched in colour" ones?


imagejpg3-2.jpg

ALREADY COLLECTED THEM wink.gif


beats_by_dr_dre_solo_hd_monochromatic_headphones_by_cb3723-d6v57ip.png



Edited by cb3723 - 5/22/14 at 7:32pm
post #729 of 1217
CB has a serious headphone addiction... I say we all pitch in for rehabilitation treatment for him. biggrin.gif
post #730 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

My friend has original monster beats studios... Wow, do they have a lot of variations and models (but that's just cosmetics.) Not as much as AKG with the k240 tho. There's sextett early, middle, and late, monitor, K240DF, k240 studio, k240 studio mkII, K240 studio after the switch to Chinese factories from Austrian factories... And probably more. What other headphones have a giant amount of variations? And, what do they sound like without the ANC? Is it really that much of a change? And do you know what they sound like without all the amp circuitry etc. And just running off of dap etc power?

The non-Monster versions of the Monster headphones are all exactly the same; they're only cosmetically different.

The modded Studios sound like a Pro in a Studio housing with a bit more bass, so basically no fuzzy noise in the back. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post


Cool pics - you have some serious modding skills - if I attempted anything even remotely similar - I'd reduce them to inoperable pieces of junk by heavy bodge jobbing them, lol biggrin.gif

New matt solo HD's - do you refer to the "monochromatic drenched in colour" ones?
 

 

Out of curiosity, just exactly how comprehensive is your Beats collection?

post #731 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

CB has a serious headphone Beats addiction... I say we all pitch in for rehabilitation treatment for him. biggrin.gif

FIFY

post #732 of 1217

My digital retouching (Is that translated right?) teacher would cry with those pictures (?)

post #733 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post




Out of curiosity, just exactly how comprehensive is your Beats collection?

Detox Pro
Studio Ltd Edition French Flag
Studio 2.0
Studio 2.0 Wireless
Studio 2.0 Alexander Wang
Beats Executive
Mixr - all colors inc ltd edition Rose Gold
Solo HD Monochromatic all colors
Wireless - colors: black (Monster), white, silver (beats LLC)
Alexander Wang urbeats


Not that big a collection - I'm sure hifiguy528 has every beats headphone released - but I might be wrong.

Check my profile for full list of all my cans or if you wanna see pics - just go to Gallery and you'll see
"My headphones" I've over 1000 pics on their at the moment smily_headphones1.gifimagejpg1-7.jpg
Edited by cb3723 - 5/22/14 at 8:18pm
post #734 of 1217
post #735 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by oMalakai View Post
 

My digital retouching (Is that translated right?) teacher would cry with those pictures (?)

Sounds about right. I feel more or less the same about those pictures...I don't know how to explain it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3723 View Post


Detox Pro
Studio Ltd Edition French Flag
Studio 2.0
Studio 2.0 Wireless
Studio 2.0 Alexander Wang
Beats Executive
Mixr - all colors inc ltd edition Rose Gold
Solo HD Monochromatic all colors
Wireless - colors: black (Monster), white, silver (beats LLC)
Alexander Wang urbeats


Not that big a collection - I'm sure hifiguy528 has every beats headphone released - but I might be wrong.

Check my profile for full list of all my cans or if you wanna see pics - just go to Gallery and you'll see
"My headphones" I've over 1000 pics on their at the moment smily_headphones1.gifNSFW (Click to show)
imagejpg1-7.jpg

 

I never knew Beats released a silver version of the Wireless 1.0. Beats, Y U do dis? I thought they were fake when I first saw it in real life. It has the same color scheme as the silver Studios (silver + matte gray earcups), but the Beats logo is red, not gray, which is something usually a counterfeit would do.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The hate on beats, why?